Dana Corporation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dana Corporation President and CEO Roger J. Wood

Roger J. Wood

Pros
  • Great Work Life Balance, good people to work with (in 7 reviews)

• So you may see good rating in Work life balance for DITC) (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Disconnected upper management who have little interest in product development or what is actually occurring on the ground level (in 5 reviews)

• Also poor work life balance compared to the rest of the industry (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights
10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

supply chain co-op

Supply Chain Co-Op (Current Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsLots of inside knowledge and great methods of teaching the cross functional system

ConsThere is very few cons about this employer. The job is as is.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the system balanced like the way it is.

Old School, traditional approaches, execs who don't care about it's employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsGood global presence, good market penetration

ConsDisconnected leadership team, smothering work environment, complex processes

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on developing an employment brand; Get rid of corp HR people who are so militaristic in style

Great history, but a confused with newer management. They claim people are the most important asset, but act otherwise.

Program Manager (Former Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsGreat people, ability to travel, great benefits. Nice corporate facility.

ConsPoor leadership, too political, Weak product knowledge at the top. Poor product development systems. Reactinoary, not proactive.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on results, not on yourselves. Look to develop modern, world class products.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok, but not the best I've experienced in my 25 years in the automotive field

Program Manager (Former Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsNice and supportive co-works and physical plant at HQ's. Excellent on site test lab.

ConsToo little work to say busy, while others seemed overwhelmed. No real systems in place, as everything seems like it's being done for the first time. Compared to other places I've worked, there was a general lack of good, timely flow of communications from senior management to the mid-level employees.

Great Place to Work

Program Manager (Former Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsVery talented and professional employees.

ConsCorporate Politics sometimes slows progress

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the employees ARE the greatest asset

Huge upper management turnover and constant reorganizing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsIntense environment where you can learn how to be effective in an environment of constant chaos

ConsDisconnected upper management who have little interest in product development or what is actually occurring on the ground level. Management lives in an ivory tower.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the big ego management types and the extremely high level of politics

The good and the bad

Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsGood pay, friendly coworkers, leading products, something new daily

ConsManagements thoughts, things get done like they always have instead of new ways

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to people under you, they have to deal with the decisions made.

Back in the black

Business Development Analyst (Former Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsThe new leadership team is strong and very proactive. The outlined corporate strategy is clear and it should return financial stability back to the company. There are great opportunities for advancement with in the financial and supply chain organizations. Dana has a laid back corporate culture and stresses the work life balance. Management allows for flexible working locations in some cases.

ConsThe work can be repetitive and many simple tasks are complete manually. Navigating Dana's matrix structure can be confusing and the flow of information suffers as a result. Maumee, OH provides a quite place to live but does not offer any excitement.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to clarify the corporate strategy to employees. Stress the importance to collaboration between divisions (eg: Engineering, Sales and Finance)

33 years of SATISFIED EMPLOYEEMENT

Marketing Executive (Former Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsA people company. Provided opportunity with a challenge forgrowth and advancement accross all disciplines.

ConsAs Detroit went,did Dana. There was no way arround this.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not over look the style that made Dana what it became .Focus on the downsides of the industry and be quick to respond with new technology, products and flexibility.

They used to care.

A. Nonomus (Former Employee) Maumee, OH

ProsIt used to be a very people-centric company. One that you would be proud to work at. However, top management changed radically when people that had no stake in the long term future of the company were brought in from the outside.

ConsLack of communication. Arbitrary, micromanaging general management.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that the leadership grew up in Dana and are not just stopping through for a visit and a bonus.

Worked for Dana Corporation? Contribute to the Community!