Danaher

Danaher Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Danaher President, CEO, and Director Larry Culp Jr.

Larry Culp Jr.

Pros:
  • "Very process driven the Danaher Business System really works"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Good compensation, good benefits, some good people"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Danaher can be a tough place to work in terms of work life balance and stress"
    in 12 reviews
  • "There is absolutely no work-life balance"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Procurement

Buyer (Current Employee)
Elizabethtown, NC

I have been working at Danaher full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible work schedule, remote working.

ConsUndermanned, lots of work to do with not enough people.

Network Engineer

Network Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Danaher full-time

ProsAlways something different.
All in all great place to work

Conscan get burnt out
Danaher asks alot out of thier employees

Treat me well, but too much focus on stock price

Solon, OH

I have been working at Danaher full-time for more than a year

ProsI'm at an op-co, Keithley Instruments. Locally, it's a great environment, friendly (if nerdly) people. Interesting work and products.

ConsCheap. Have to fight to get computer equipment appropriate to the job you are doing. Danaher is stock-driven, so game playing at the end of every quarter to make the numbers look good. Many departments are chronically short-staffed; only so much more you can do with less.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If You Live to Work, This is Your Place

General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Danaher full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat opportunities if you're willing to sacrifice and work extremely hard. Will become a millionaire if you get in the equity program. Great business system and processes for most everything. If you can survive here, you can survive anywhere.

ConsProcesses aren't always followed. Quest for revenue growth leads to some questionable ethics and decisions. More politics than sr. leadership will admit to. No investment in facilities and work environment is poorly maintained. Not for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeploy some capital in the facilities and give people a place to work they can take pride in. You are losing customer focus by being overly concerned with short term financial results.

Learning the ropes.

I worked at Danaher

ProsThe people I work with.

Consnot at this time, may rewrite later

The absolute worst experience of my career

Human Resources Manager (Former Employee)
Wood Dale, IL

I worked at Danaher full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSmart people - if you find the right ones willing to teach - you can learn a lot - Danaher does look good on your resume

ConsI have never worked - and I worked in HR - where HR was a total joke within the company - they do not have a seat at the table, firing/layoff practices are totally geared towards those over 50 and HR senior management is a mere puppet for the leadership team

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the HR senior management team and start taking turnover seriously

Decent but not outstanding.

Supply Chain (Current Employee)

I have been working at Danaher full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood benefits and for the most part the culture is okay but it can be a bit demanding.

ConsThe plant equipment is aged and the office carpet, furniture, and flooring is pathetic. Our division is one of the largest cash flow generators for Danaher but you would never know it by the condition of our office and building. Also, when I was hired, outside ideas were welcome but now it is strictly all about DBS as the only way of running a business. I would probably not recommend this as a place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementShake loose some of the cash and update the building.

Brutal - Chew-you-up Environment

I worked at Danaher full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOutstanding development experience with lots of autonomy. Above average talent - some of the smartest folks out there. Very process driven the Danaher Business System really works. Highly engaged senior team - they are in the business the majority of their time.

ConsVery strong culture - you either fit or you don't. Highly critical culture in the sense that nothing is ever good enough. Very little positive or honest feedback. One day you come into work and you are fired with no warning. Very low marks on innovation because they emphasize following process over trying something new. It is not a happy place, people "endure" work to the point where it becomes a competition to see who the biggest "martyr" is.

Steady but dull place to work

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
Miami, FL

I have been working at Danaher full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStable, if you are in a profit center

ConsNo risk taking, no internal RandD, would rather acquire than promote interrnal growth

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some risks, spend some money, you can't take it with you.

If you work at Danaher, you're gonna have a bad time.

I worked at Danaher

ProsDecent experience if just starting your career. Coworkers, riding in the same ship as you, are available to provide support by sharing and relating to any grief and sorrow accumulated from Danaher's negative and uncomfortable workplace environment.

ConsOverwhelming workload. No work to life balance. Blame rich environment. Management is disrespectful, unprofessional, untrustworthy, and have minimal technical experience with regards to Danaher's products. Management is selfish and has no consideration for their employees. Retention rate is terrible, people quit (especially in e-town due to management reasons listed above). You barely have any resources to effectively do your job. You're pressed to take shortcuts and hurry up, which leads to mistakes. It's just a down right perpetual mess. This environment saturates you in anguish, and you're stretched beyond your limit, like butter spread over too much bread. Don't work at Danaher if you can help it.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees don't leave companies, they leave management. Be more respectful and considerate.

Worked for Danaher? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Danaher reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Danaher CEO Larry Culp Jr. All 103 reviews posted anonymously by Danaher employees.