Danaher

Danaher Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Danaher President, CEO, and Director Larry Culp Jr.

Larry Culp Jr.

Pros:
  • "Very process driven the Danaher Business System really works"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Good compensation, good benefits, some good people"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Danaher can be a tough place to work in terms of work life balance and stress"
    in 12 reviews
  • "There is absolutely no work-life balance"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Danaher

Manager (Current Employee)
Dayton, OH

I have been working at Danaher full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe benefits are good; on par with the offerings prior to Danaher acquisition.
Fast paced environment.
Never a dull moment.

ConsPriorities tend to shift too quickly. Policy deployment initiatives are too short lived.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf PD initiatives are important and not the hot spot of the day then follow through with them until they are complete; don't drop them the next quarter.

Best place to start a career

Supply Chain (Current Employee)

I have been working at Danaher full-time for more than 3 years

ProsUnbelievable opportunities, good career advancement and mentoring, management is supportive of all changes, great lean culture, DBS is a powerful tool, puts people in positions just before they are ready to encourage growth/development

ConsThe workload can be overwhelming if you do not have good time management skills

Awesome place to develop your career

Vice President Human Resources (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Danaher full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe caliber of people you work with and the DBS Danaher Business System training you receive is incredible, very decentralized and entrepreneurial. Danaher is very good at allowing cross business career opportunities for high achievers.

ConsThe company is demanding from a time standpoint some positions would be tough on a young professional beginning a family.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on what has made Danaher successful

Fast paced, performance oriented, obsessed with growth.

Operating Company President (Current Employee)

I have been working at Danaher full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat business system and tools. Outperforms by outworking the competition. Success for those willing to sacrifice and deliver results.

ConsWork / life balance will be a problem for many, but if you know this is an issue you may want to steer clear. "Average" performers will struggle here, and will likely be disappointed with career progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmphasis on growth and share price is causing deterioration of Operations and Engineering. Don't lose sight of what creates value for customers because you're too narrowly focused on the shareholder. Take care of customers and employees and the shareholders will come.

Its great to work for a fortune 200 company which is so transparent to its employees

Sales and Applications Specialist (Current Employee)
Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Danaher full-time for less than a year

ProsMNC culture
good salary
great work culture
less hierarchy

ConsTravelling rigorously is a part of Danaher which sum lazy people may not like but for me its always a fun.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Very Positive, great growth if you do a good job and manage others well; best team wins

I have been working at Danaher

ProsStock out performs most all other companies in sector, best example of lean Mfg outside or Toyota (I actually think we do it better since we are not making simple cars!)

ConsStep up to the plate, be able to embrace constant change and recreating standard work, people looking for a "comfortable, lay low" job dont belong here. Strong culture, on the bus, or get off.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, I think we are getting too heavy into medical since 2006 though, lets diversify.

Very satisfied

Orange, CA

I have been working at Danaher

ProsA very good career path planning

ConsUncertainties in the future and clear directions are needed

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more aggressive...

Highly challenging and meritocratic but not warm and fuzzy.

Finance Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Danaher part-time for more than 8 years

ProsLots of opportunities to learn and grow professionally for self-starters with initiative and drive. Good comp and benefits. Smart, professional colleagues. Very disciplined, successful approach to operations and financial management.

ConsCost-cutting and layoffs are excessive and damaging to business health and employee morale. Very focused on short term results versus true growth. Human resources and IT are very low priorities. Don't look for lots of approbation. Poor at true innovation and creative marketing & sales strategies. Process (DBS) can become form over substance, and is not effective in some areas of the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace a much higher value on the good people you have and demonstrate it. They will make you even more successful. You need to make "The Best Team Wins" a genuine cultural imperative, not just a hollow saying. As it is, employees view that "core value" as a bit of a joke.

Network Engineer

Network Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Danaher full-time

ProsAlways something different.
All in all great place to work

Conscan get burnt out
Danaher asks alot out of thier employees

If You Live to Work, This is Your Place

General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Danaher full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat opportunities if you're willing to sacrifice and work extremely hard. Will become a millionaire if you get in the equity program. Great business system and processes for most everything. If you can survive here, you can survive anywhere.

ConsProcesses aren't always followed. Quest for revenue growth leads to some questionable ethics and decisions. More politics than sr. leadership will admit to. No investment in facilities and work environment is poorly maintained. Not for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeploy some capital in the facilities and give people a place to work they can take pride in. You are losing customer focus by being overly concerned with short term financial results.

Worked for Danaher? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Danaher reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Danaher CEO Larry Culp Jr. All 104 reviews posted anonymously by Danaher employees.