Danaher Reviews

Reset

Worst Place for Engineers to Work

Former Employee - Product Development Engineer in Glendora, CA
    Former Employee - Product Development Engineer in Glendora, CA

I worked at Danaher full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

On paper this looks like a good job for a Mechanical or Materials engineer because they'll be dealing with mechanisms and new materials.

Cons

However there was motivation for innovation and upper management was focused on ringing every drop from that dam Damon line. People were nice enough, but just pretty dressed because they all see the end coming and don't have enough energy to get off the boat

Advice to Management

Nothing. This is a horrible place to work and mainly because of Danaher and upper management

Senior Buyer

Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Elizabethtown, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Elizabethtown, NC

I worked at Danaher full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the procurement team. We the buyers looked out for one another and covered down when workloads become unbearable which they did most of the time.

Cons

Lack of personnel and training. We were told they would hire more employees but they never did. The company also took away our ability to work remote which was a reason I took the job. Leadership slow at responding to time sensitive decisions. Employees are not held accountable for their actions and do not pull their weight.

Advice to Management

Provide training (any!). Stop closed doors decision making, allow all employees to have buy in on projects.

Constant change

Former Employee - Quality Engineer
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer

I worked at Danaher full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Most employees not in top management were a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Attrition is horrible due to the constant changes.

Advice to Management

Training is lacking for anyone not in top management. Limit change in policy and procedure it happens so often you do not know which end you are working from.

Ruthlessly Efficient

Current Employee - Engineer in Hatfield, PA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Hatfield, PA

I have been working at Danaher full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Aggressively managed by financial hawks. No wonder it's a well-performing stock. Hard to imagine any competitors being more ruthless.

Cons

Uh, like I said, aggressively managed by financial hawks. Very hard on employees, suppliers and customers. Layoffs come without warning. Solely focused on short-term goals.

Advice to Management

I doubt it would be wildly expensive to earn some small level of loyalty with your employees and your suppliers. Word travels; the present situation negatively affects Danaher's ability to recruit.

Good company, great employees, selfish management

I have been working at Danaher (More than 3 years)

Pros

Process and metrics driven, drive to get results, unrelenting pursuit of continuous improvement

Cons

Keep demanding more from employees and rewards are limited to a few. Career development is also only for a limited set of employees - others are merely worker bees. Several executives are considered to be selfish, motivated only by their own compensation and payback.

Current Employee

Pros

Good benefits. Operating companies are allowed some degree of autonomy

Cons

No work/life balance. Always made to feel that the work produced is never good enough. Salaries lag the market.

Bottom line focused

Former Employee - District Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - District Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Danaher (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management is committed for better or worse to DBS. Sing from the same page. Very good stock appreciation

Cons

Strong focus on quarterly results without much care for long term prospects

Advice to Management

Benchmark long term performance against industry peers better

How much productivity can they squeeze out of you?

Former Employee - Operations in Marengo, IL
    Former Employee - Operations in Marengo, IL

I worked at Danaher full-time

Pros

Competitive salary, and decent 401k match and profit contribution after 1 year.

Cons

As other reviews have pointed out, Danaher is interested only in the bottom-line. Work/life balance is not a concern for them. No sick days, so have to use vacation, and it takes a very long time to get additional vacation days.

Advice to Management

Don't discuss incentive comp plan bonuses around non-management employees that are not eligible.

The Bottom Line is ALL that matters.

I worked at Danaher full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary: That is how they get you. Remember that the grass is NOT always greener! DBS: Danaher Business System. (Toyota Business System) Employees that were working at the Danaher Business Unit prior to be acquired by Danaher.

Cons

Engineering's time was spent on fixing the existing products. No R&D. No Marketing. No dedicated outside sales force. Manufacturing runs the show. Cut costs, cut costs, cut costs. The customer does not come first. Employees are assets to be used accordingly.

Advice to Management

Any advice in contrast to Manufacturing or Accounting's ideals will be disregarded or considered to be provided by someone who's opinion is useless.

Kaizen is the way of life

Current Employee - Manager in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Danaher full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

continuous changes and process oriented

Cons

continual cost cutting measures with head count reductions happening for the past 3 years. All happening in December.

Advice to Management

Needs to communicate more effectively. Internal memo congratulated and thanked the teams for making Q2 a success. We made the numbers for Wall Street and received our Bonus. The next line said that we should expect cost cutting measures in Q3 and Q4 (i.e. head count reductions)

RSS Feed </> Embed