Danbury Health Systems Reviews

Danbury Health Systems CEO John Murphy
John Murphy

Great place

I have been working at Danbury Health Systems

Pros

Paid for my college tuition. Plenty of opportunities to grow. Pay scale was great. People were fantastic. Great opportunity for experience.

Cons

Arbitrary way of disciplining staff. Unqualified management. Favortism. Must have thick skin to deal with a very stressed out clinical staff.

Stop playing favorites and discipline everyone accordingly.

Ass kiss driven

Former Employee - Desktop Support  in  Danbury, CT
    Former Employee - Desktop Support in Danbury, CT

I worked at Danbury Health Systems

Pros

Insurance is great from day one.

Cons

Management needs to show respect to employees

Do as you say.

The ideal place to work at in Danbury, CT

Former Employee - C. . .  in  Danbury, CT
    Former Employee - C. . . in Danbury, CT

I worked at Danbury Health Systems

Pros

You can get as much overtime as you want. You can get whatever days off you need. A raise is given every couple of months. If you have a problem you can go to your superior and know that the problem will be taken care of. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Health Insurance wasn't too expensive, and you would only pay for what you needed. They also offered life insurance at no extra cost to you. Working at the hospital gives you a good feeling about your job. I actually looked foward to going to work, and when I left I felt like I accomplished something good in my life. If I hadn't moved to another state I would still be working at the hospital. They also have a tuition pay back program. If you want to go back to school or you are in school the hospital will pay back your tuition. The only thing that they ask back is that you work for the hospital for at least a year after you are done with school.

Cons

There weren't many downsides. Some nurses didn't help with patient care, and that was aggrivating especially when we were short staffed. The down side to the tuition program was that you had to pay the tuition yourself first and then the hospital would pay you back. You also have to keep good grades. Another downside was dealing with certain patients. Some people were just really needy, but there wasn't anything that anyone could do because we try to offer the best care there is no matter to who it is. One of the downsides, especially for those working the day shift, was parking. The last couple of months that I worked there parking was always full and was very hard to find a spot. The hospital started having employees park at the PAL parking lot and have shuttles go back and forth to and from the hospital.

Management always did a good job dealing with employees. The management people that I dealt with were always friendly and were always looking for ways to make their staff the best there is.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Behind the Scenes at DH
    Behind the Scenes at DH

Current Employee - ER PCT  in  Danbury, CT
    Current Employee - ER PCT in Danbury, CT

I have been working at Danbury Health Systems

Pros

Experience and good people to work with overall. It is the best community based hospital in the area.

Cons

Not sufficient recognition. Management has obvious favorites and it shows in unfair treatment and promotions.

Include the "little people" in communications more. Not just when you need a donation for United Way around the holidays or want to give a $.04 (that's CENTS) raise. It costs more for the stamp to mail such nonsense than the raise amounts to in one paycheck!

Worked for Danbury Health Systems? Contribute to the Community!