Dannon

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Not yet rated.

Dannon President & CEO Mariano Lozano

Mariano Lozano

Pros
  • Plus lots of free yogurt, frozen yogurt, and Evian water to eat and drink every day(in 10 reviews)

• Dannon pays very well and the benefits are great and there are some really great people(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance is difficult to achieve in this fast paced environment(in 14 reviews)

• Fast paced and changes happen all the time(in 6 reviews)

Crazy but fun

ProsGreat people
    Excellent compensation and benefits plan
    Never bored, something new everyday
    100% health focused
    Excellent upward mobility

ConsWork-life balance is a struggle with very lean company
    Pace of change can be hectic

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on taking care of your employees with some acknowledgement...

Fast Paced with too many errors

Supply Chain (Current Employee)

ProsVery open atmosphere. Growing company that has great products and a great vision. So much potential. Great vacation package.

ConsCompany ran too lean. Too many people doing too much work. So much to be done but there is not enough time or enough people to do the best work. Because of this, there are too many errors that are made.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people . Give positive feedback. Reward a job well done.

Has become an awful place to work over the past few years, with no sign of improvement.

ProsGreat products in a growing category. Good pay and excellent PTO policy.

ConsEnvironment of bullying behavior by leadership. Over the past few years, promotions are based on who you know or what country you came from, rather than about performance and results. High employee turnover is encouraged and expected, to keep the workforce young.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership needs basic employee management training. Allowing experienced and dedicated talent to leave the company now, will hurt your performance when the category tightens, or the competition gets more fierce. You are thinking too short term, build your talent and business for the future too.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company with declining leadership

ProsBenefits, pay, flexibility with work schedule /Work from Home all excellent. Culture of the company is great, investment in the growth of their people is exceptional.

Cons"Office Politics" is a real issue.
    -Departmental leadership is poor to non-existent.
    - Push to outsource and downsize the department is causing good talent to leave or become paranoid.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your department heads are aligned with the vision of the Groupe and not making changes that are counter to the culture of the company.

Much learning and developing experience

Quality Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery open atmosphere, encouraging and skilled colleagues, growing company.

ConsVery demanding job, with a lot of work.

If the shoe fits, could be your Cinderella story. If it doesn't, it won't be.

ProsMotivated team who are focused on being a growth company. Dynamic environment intended to react to the market while also defining the future. Fast growing and market leadership. Those who believe in overcoming obstacles will thrive.

ConsNot the right environment for most people. Total expectation that individuals engage and drive their own success. Those who expect to be given a career roadmap, a stable set of responsibilities, and handholding for their job will be perpetually frustrated. Easy to be (or at least feel) overwhelmed by the challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe culture is right for a growth focused organization. Focus on attracting and retaining people who thrive in that culture, not changing the culture to fit the people.

Dannon is a great place to grow and requires ambition/agility to succeed within this talented group.

Finance Manager (Former Employee) White Plains, NY

ProsCompany Pride and camaraderie are very high. There is a true sense of ownership in the air. Dannon sees the high potential of their industry and keeps the team chasing after this goal.

ConsWork-Life Balance is difficult to achieve in this fast paced environment. Top performers usually don't make it home by 6pm. Some managers are not able to execute the standards of Coaching and feedback during personnel reviews. HR tools are offered but with some managers it feels like they are just checking boxes on a list.

Advice to Senior ManagementDannon is on the right track! The relentless efforts to deliver the vision have paid off and will continue to do so. Opportunities to improve relate to finding the right work-life balance across the teams to avoid burn out and ensuring managers are consistently focused on coaching, corrective action, and feedback for the all-star as well as the underperformer.

Stable positions yet ever-changing environment.

ProsStability of the job
    High health products
    Expected growth in the market
    Quick Pace

ConsRecognition
    Few selected individuals on advancement path, rest linger
    High demand in short time frames, low appreciation for efforts
    Some positions are set for failure based on manager intervention

Nice company culture but many mistakes made b/c of fast timelines; my role had too many menial tasks...

Senior Research Technologist (Former Employee) White Plains, NY

ProsPeople and company culture; benefits and bonus structure; nice office environment; new, high tech R&D facility; diverse crowd; supportive of training employees; management aims to empower employees to be autonomous, high-output workers; management hierarchy exists but people treat one another like equals/colleagues; tuition reimbursement program. Overall I enjoyed my time there and learned many things.

ConsLocated in White Plains (as opposed to an office in Manhattan); Such fast movement that many projects seemed to have mistakes and too often people were in reactionary mode instead of a type of product development that allows for more creative/innovative planning; open office space was quite distracting; Did not support my wishes to move laterally to different business roles; Marketing is not very trendy: it feels like they market to my grandmother more than to young professionals (like Chobani seems to do); Pay was fair for my work but not for work location; Poor culture of using data effectively in product development; Company seems to always be late to market with flavor trends.

I would only recommend jobs at Dannon to my colleagues on a position specific basis.

Advice to Senior Management1. Identify employees with valuable skill-sets and try to retain them when they express wanting to stay, but moving to a new role.
    2. Consider being more open to providing cross-functional training to facilitate career growth by allowing employees to learn new roles.
    3. Hire more support staff to decrease resentment from low/mid-level employees who prefer not to perform menial tasks on a daily basis.
    4. Re-design the website to be competitive from a design and social media integration standpoint.

Disappointing Management - Revenue Team

Revenue Specialist (Current Employee) Cottonwood Heights, UT

ProsGood benefits
    Vacation Time
    Competitive salary

ConsHighschool behavior from management team - bullying
    Fingerpointers if something goes wrong
    Favoritism is obvious
    Negative environment - you feel it from the moment you enter the Cottonwood Heights office
    No room to grow unless you're in the pet-teacher group
    Management do whatever they pleased since HQ and HR are in New York
    Employees do not last long here
    Small group of very old employees & managers will make your life miserable

Advice to Senior ManagementThe negative environment in this office will never change unless the management team change. They juts blame on each other, but never seems to take responsibility of what is happening in this office. Obviously Headquarter office in NY does not seem to know what is going on here. Employees are leaving because of you - management team -stop blaming other factors or each other. As a company I will rate Dannon highly but this office definitely will make you bring the worst on you.

Worked for Dannon? Contribute to the Community!