Danone

www.danone.com

Danone Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Danone – “Danone head office (Photo thanks to Wikipedia…”

Danone Chairman and CEO Franck Riboud

Franck Riboud

Pros
  • Good work-life balance if you are not too lasy to do your job in time(in 3 reviews)

• Good social connections between employes(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Too much internal politics and struggle between departments(in 3 reviews)

• Danone is a chauvinistic company as all the management team in Russia are French, the internal politics is common(in 5 reviews)

Pathetic culture and dysfunctional setup

Marketing (Former Employee) Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsFree yogurt that you get in the office..thats about it!

ConsUnaligned and dysfunctional setup. They can restructure the organization in a day and from one department shift you to another(despite your career path) or simply ask you to leave! With no clear reasoning. Too much politics and management makes fake plans till their temporary tenure and the lower management takes the brunt of their mistakes. No job security or even department security..they could shift you from supply chain to research! No clear career paths and everyone is working in circles and trying to make the other look bad, instead of focusing on the present problems in hand. No strong leaders and airheads running the show...!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent and share your worries with the lower management
    Work as a team, and not a dictator set up on which you alienate the hardworker and put your mistakes on a poor scapegoat. Own up to your mistakes and solve them. stop the blame game!You will lose and are losing good employees who will never even think of ever returning back

To call the experience dreadful would be an understatement.

Danone Baby Nutrition (Former Employee) Bath, England (UK)

Pros- good image based on marketing material they give away;
    - apparently employee-friendly policies (although I never witnessed them)
    - Joined to get experience in the sector

ConsPretty much everything but will structure more below:
    - People. I've had the worst experience of my life working for this company. I joined with the expectation of becoming a part of the Danone community that they so much advertise internally; in return I was treated like an outsider from the outset as the majority of people there had the same upbringing, values, culture, eating habits, discussion topics; I was the odd man out. It soon became clear to me I could not integrate in this company;

- Management. Very bad and utterly destructive. In the department I worked, all communication was taken place on an horizontal dimension, basically all bosses would stick together for better and worse and turn against their own individual employees when required.Another point: work expertise; every so often, managers would have absolutely no clue of the work their subordinates were doing every day. In moments of crisis, they would be totally stuck and helpless and then would blame the subordinates for making a mistake and incurring costs on the company. If things went well, they would take the credit; if things went badly, they would be the first to explode and put all evil on the back of their subordinates.

- Defficient communication - this company is the best example of how double-standards are best practised in a corporate environment. On the facade, Danone advocates open, honest communication;in reality, there was none of it in the department I was working. If for example, you did something wrong, nobody would come to tell you directly and help you improve; by contrast they would approach their own bosses, HR, or any other parties, apart from yourself. By the time you get to hear anything at all, everyone else knows very well what all is wrong with you. Dreadful approach.

- Extremely hierarchical in reality - Danone promotes itself of a great company with a wide range of benefits where everyone gets on with everyone and everyone works together for the common good of the company. Sounds a bit socialist, doesnt it? Well, the reality is quite different. If you join new, bosses in the entire department will expect you to behave in a certain way just because they are sitting at the ruling desk (and yes, watch out, there is actually a management row of desks in this department where all bosses sit by themselves, far from their teams, I think this needs no further explanation)...

And sadly, there is so much more, I could write a book about the emotional misery incurred on me by this company, but it's high time I moved on.

If I were you, I would conduct the background check carefully before joining the Danone world. Good luck!

Advice to Senior ManagementYes, please see above the references to management.

Stay away from this company if you are in Russia

Brand Manager (Former Employee) Moscow (Russia)

ProsVery strong and healthy products, R&D is the best in diary industry and has huge investments into development of new products

ConsSelf-explanatory - for the last year more than 20 people left marketing out of 45 and the rest are searching for the new jobs. Danone is a chauvinistic company as all the management team in Russia are French, the internal politics is common. Overall the company is under pressure and not growing.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou would better clean up the mess in Danone Russia very quickly (especially in marketing), otherwise the situation might deteriorate even further. One of recruiters from the head hunter agency complained, that nobody from the pool of available candidates on the Russian job market wants to work there and there is a negative buzz about Danone as HR brand.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Danone Turkey Completely Sucks

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Istanbul (Turkey)

ProsIt's an entreprenurial company when compared with other multinationals in Turkey, the compensation package is similar to other multinationals.

ConsYou can't talk about the leadership qualities of Danone Turkey because there is no such thing. A lot of people have been fired due to operational issues and leadership team can't handle this operation. There is too much frustration within the company, basically non-Danone people are not wellcome in here.

If you are thinking about coming to Danone Turkey think twice

Advice to Senior ManagementWell my advice will be their resignation because it's obvious that they can't overcome the obstacles in Turkey. I find it almost impossible for Danone to become successfull in Turkey without an acquisition.

Very bad culture in Dubai Office

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsFree yogurt and water. nuthing else

ConsToo much internal politics , extremely bad management, HR behavior appalling.
    Incompetent people at management level

Advice to Senior Managementsenior management needs to be changed in Dubai

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company culture, interesting work, nice collegues.

ConsHR people are not so nice, be ready to be overworked for no real compensation.

Fast Paced, Young Company, Nobody Knows what they are doing

High Turnover (Former Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsYou can be promoted very quickly. We have seen secretaries promoted to entry level positions in marketing, supply chain, and sales in less than six months. But that is also a possible sign of finding a lack of qualified applicants from outside.

ConsHigh turnover rate. The company has the lowest score for employee satisfaction feedback surveys annually. Managers and directors have no long term vision or experience when put into their positions. It is a mess and creates a bad environment for growth, so you end up looking for other opportunities.

Ok, but poor management team

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsGood compensation, good work life balance

ConsPoor IT systems, poor project management, euro model not suitable for Asia Pac, culture not healthy

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to balance the experience with youth. Improve IT systems.

Has potential to be better, but will it ever be?

ProsGood values, working atmosphere, not excessively hierarchical, more activity oriented than process oriented which allows to take new directions relatively fast. Lots of room to succeed if you have leadership and want to get things done

ConsThe ability to be fast is hindered by insufficient focus on performance at a micro level; all focus on performance is on macro level and rather with short term perspectives
    Limited coaching, it can be swim or drown.

Good not great

Prospeople, compensation, benefits, fame, growth

Conssome management and cultur like every other companies

Advice to Senior Managementauthenticity

Worked for Danone? Contribute to the Community!