Dante

Pierre Malko

Variety and challenge

Current Employee - Project Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Dante full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Dante's central product -- the Allegory Platform -- is used by a variety of businesses, large and small. When you work at Dante, you are constantly challenged to understand new business domains. The thrill of seeing a customer's storefront (and other supporting business processes) come to life in Allegory makes the hard work worth it.

Cons

Working under tight deadlines to deliver new features into the Allegory platform.

Pick a small number of priorities and deliver.

Jun 5, 2014Senior Director, Human Capital Management

Great feedback! Keep it coming!!!

Exciting and motivating environment

Current Employee - Vice President in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Dante full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing project, excellent work force, real team work. Competitive pay and benefits and authentic balance between work and personal live. Fast-paced work environment for those willing to succeed and make a difference.

Cons

Office is not close to major public transportation system. Working thru transformation from consulting into a software company.

Keep entire team updated about projects, goals and strategic plans.

Jun 5, 2014Senior Director, Human Capital Management

Thanks for the feedback! The transition from consulting firm to software firm has been a learning experience for all of us. We are now seeing the fruits of our labor!!!

Empowered

Current Employee - Software Developer in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Dante full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We're working on the latest's technologies with very cool projects. There is no seniority, so you can take on more and more responsibilities and move into different jobs.

Cons

The expectations are very high of the employees -- not a con for many folks.

With so many new customers, it be good to know whats taking place across the company. So better communications

Jun 4, 2014Senior Director, Human Capital Management

Thank you for your review! It is good to hear what our employees have to say!

Great people make great companies

Current Employee - Consultant Developer in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant Developer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Dante full-time

Pros

Dante is a great company to work for because they focus on quality people. Everyone that I have worked with here is knowledgable, helpful, and most importantly, fun. As a whole, it is clear that Dante values its people because of the great benefits they provide (not to mention the flexible schedules). Gaining more responsibilities and moving up in the company is entirely based on how driven you are and where you want to be in your career. It's a refreshing feeling after spending some time at a much larger corporation to be able to get out of my comfort zone and work on some cool things.

The company is divided into teams, which works out great because you can rely on one another. There isn't a lot of micromanagement. The structure of the company is flat, and often the CEO stops by to talk about progress, plans, or conversation. The company truly follows the "fail fast" mind set, encouraging experiments and different ways of doing things. Most things don't require miles and miles of paperwork, just a heads up to those who might be affected.

Cons

The location of the office could be more convenient (a little closer to metro, or in an more urban center), as parking can be difficult (this isn't to say it is in a *bad* spot, but it could be better).

There is little by way of training, but I expected this coming from a large company. I prefer to be engaged in this manner, so it didn't bother me in the least. Lots of cool stuff to explore is how I look at it.

Work-life balance can be challenging. Sometimes I feel like I should be working 24-hr's a day. This is more indicative of the fact that there is a lot of work to do and not of company policy.

Other than these three things, there really isn't much to write here. I've loved my time at Dante.

Jun 6, 2014Senior Director, Human Capital Management

Great feedback to hear! We are working on instituting an Allegory modular rotating training program so keep an eye out for that announcement!

Opportunity of a lifetime!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Dante full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great office to work in, great people to work with, great product to work on, great motivator in the President!!! The sky is the limit with professional growth and success!!!!!! Dive into any area or career track you chose. Family friendly with definite work life balance!!!

Cons

I have been here 11+ years and not planning on going anywhere! Hard work/fun job!

Nov 4, 2014Senior Director, Human Capital Management

Glad to have you on the team!!!!

Dante has smart and friendly people and a company culture of putting out high quality work.

Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Dante full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company has an emphasis on putting the right people on the right tasks. They also believe that results always trump process.

Cons

Has coffee but no espresso!

Keep growing!

Jun 5, 2014Senior Director, Human Capital Management

Your next espresso is on me!!!!! Thank you for the feedback!!!

Agile - Exciting - Rewarding

I have been working at Dante full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The small, flat organization encourages everyone to step up and drive the company's success. Fantastic camaraderie, constant change to improve products and processes. Great mix of employees with varied experience, age and talents. Truly an Agile environment.

Cons

Some can find constant change a challenge.. but, hey, it's software, if it's not changing, it's old news. It would be nice to have more paid time off.

Thanks for the great vision and opportunities!

Jun 5, 2014Senior Director, Human Capital Management

Much thanks for the feedback! Constant change is how we thrive!!!