Daon Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Tom Grissen

Great place to work - interesting field

Pros

I have been with Daon for more than six years, I have seen many opportunities for advancement, worked on exciting technology, worked with smart people, and I enjoy my job. The reviews on this site left by former employees do not accurately portray the current vibe of the company. We are working in an exciting field with great potential. Come see for yourself! IdentityX, the mobile platform, has grown into a mature product used by a large number of customers around the world. Working for a smaller company allows for greater visibility and a good relationship with the management team. If you do your job well, you get recognized and rewarded.

Cons

If you believe the glassdoor reviews without giving us a chance, you're missing out on a great opportunity.

2. Should have listened to Glassdoor...

Pros

The pay is good but the company is pretty cheap when it comes to anything else

Cons

I read all of the bad reviews before joining and like the optimist I am I joined anyway. My perspective was that they were trying to improve all of the areas that the people were complaining about and I could help in that effort. This is definitely not the case. What I realized is that they are actually satisfied with how things are going there. I couldn't believe it. They totally underestimate how terrible they are in all facets. It's more like, "We'll get to that someday" mentality. I found out all of the negative reviews are actually true. Everything from the worse management I've every experienced to the terrible products (which they actually approve of). I should have listened to Glassdoor...

Advice to Management

You need to be replaced actually but I'm sure that will never happen.

3. Lackluster product with bad management

Former Contractor - Software Developer
    Former Contractor - Software Developer

I worked at Daon as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

No discernable pros at this company

Cons

Bad management, no communication, daily requirements changes w/ daily status report requests, poor working conditions. Oh yeah, bad bad management.

Advice to Management

Stop changing requirements, talk to your staff.

A good Irish company with a bad product.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Daon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was able to travel to Ireland on business several times.

Cons

It was not a company that valued teamwork. It was kind of Everyman for himself.

Advice to Management

Foster teamwork and support all sales efforts.

First few years were good, but the ship began to sink when they turned their eye towards poorly planned mobile products

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Reston, VA

I worked at Daon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, annual bonus, opportunities for travel, good people for the most part

Cons

Severe lack of work/projects, no stability (fear of layoffs is constant), Engine product which is their bread and butter really does not bring anything to the table, poor customer satisfaction/retention, mobile related software developed by shooting at the hip, US Engineering department very poorly led and products go through almost no design or quality cycle; positive products reviews in App Stores mostly left by company employees

Advice to Management

Communicate better with your staff; make the good and the bad clear; stop dumping money into products that the market is not asking for

7. We are part of something special...

Pros

- Working with technology that is at a tipping point globally to becoming ubiquitous, an exciting and rare position to be in. - Exposure to many areas of the business as we are an SME vs a large company where those opportunities may not be as easy/accessible. - Flexibility as an employee to work in a manner that suits your own lifestyle. - Extensive and generous benefits across the board, very family friendly. - Some of the best people I have worked with, a really great crew.

Cons

- Being an SME has it's challenges too such as resource constraints. Recent market developments and achievements have reduced these constraints but that is to be expected in an SME. You need to be pro-change, flexible and agile to work in this type of company. - You can never communicate too much, communications can sometimes be too team focussed vs group focussed.

Advice to Management

- Solicit feedback from employees.

8. Very poor and bad company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Pros

I wish it had any actually it does I remember it lays off people for no reasons

Cons

For being a biometric company there security is terrible any one can steal and hack and do what ever he likes and they even don't know about it I was internal involve with there IT

Advice to Management

Get independent for your IT needs till when will you keep relying on your parent company who is ripping you off every year lol. All the money just to waste wow.

Good financially, but poor for professional advancement

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Daon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Offers good salary and financial benefits (health & pension), though no bonus.

Cons

Minimal career advancement, lack of training or promotion prospects. Poor communication between management and staff.

Good

Pros

Good People, Great Culture and strong Professionalism.

Cons

The Biometric Market adoption and sales cycles are long. ySales cycles requires long period of education for employees an several sessions with customers.

Pre-sales Engineer

Pros

Challenging industry with a crowded field, but you are the company that can glue these sensors together. Great brand. Allows for individual travel requirements.

Cons

Unclear how to show a customer what value Daon provides, since the glory is taken by the sensor or algorithm.

Advice to Management

Daon is a great place to be involved with sensor management and biometrics. Pre-sales is a great place for people who are dynamic and understand big picture security tasks.

RSS Feed </> Embed