Darigold

Darigold Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Darigold President & CEO Jim Wegner

Jim Wegner

Overall a good company to work for.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsPlenty of opportunity for advancement. Hard work is often recognized.

ConsPay and benefits are slightly less than competitive. Aging infrastructure. IT systems are outdated. Behind in terms of technology in general. A bit conservative and not much for taking risks.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake bigger investments in the aging infrastructure and increase pay to a more competitive level. Take some risks!

Good 401k, but not much else.

Pros401k, and just typing some words to meet the five word minimum.

ConsUpper management is in a constant state of flux, so consistency, no accountability at the corporate level (but employees at the plant level are held accountable despite the lack of resources and leadership), no direction, no interest in paying competitive salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind good people, treat them fairly, and pay them well enough... then maybe the good ones will stick around.

My time working at Darigold has been a very positive experience

Seattle, WA

Prosgreat benefits package including tuition reimbursement. 401k with competitive wages. Friendly co workers

Consextremely fast paced, Not a lot of room for advancement

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible place to work!

Safety (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsLots of free milk and milk products.......big deal!

ConsThere are so many groups at this company which have massive issues. Supply chain is a perfect example. None of the employees have any personality and their desks are completely clean. Their leader lacks any people skills as do the rest of the group. I wish I could leave this place. I warn anyone who is thinking about joining this company....do not do it!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe list is amazingly long......kinda like the book War and Peace

Sad Very Sad

Headquarters - IT (Current Employee)

ProsFree milk. WHOOPIE!!!

401k match is excellent and the cafeteria is nice. The building is also beautiful (from last CEO).

ConsEveryone blames the executives but the real problem is the Board of Directors. Board needs more truly independent members. The few they have are more concerned about collecting the paycheck for fitting in not solving problems. The company has lost a number of good people in the last few years (excluding the Ex-CFO who was an idiot). The company is artificially unprofitable because the owners take all the money in their milk check. This is done so they don't have to pay bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your good leave if not stay

Do not make the same mistake I did!

(Current Employee)

ProsIt's a paycheck with a good 401k program and that's about it. I guess the lunchroom is nice, bathrooms are clean and free chocolate milk is good.

ConsSenior management staff all act like playground bullies and are more concerned with looking good versus being good. Everyone is driven by greed versus good deed. A lot of people are quitting and that's because they have had enough and are quickly figuring out that they can do better elsewhere. If you are considering employment here, beware.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou reap what you sow.

Why are all the good people leaving?

(Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsWages and benefits are good but not worth spending 10 hours a day in an environment that is depressing and dysfunctional. The building is nice and conveniently located but finding available parking can be challenging.

ConsMany of the folks who previously posted reviews have accurately depicted the environment and its dysfunction. Unfortunately, since those postings, the company has experienced the loss of several more key individuals who were viewed as solid pillars of the organization. The company lacks integrity and a genuine concern for their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow do you give advice to people who are oblivious to obvious? The failure of this executive team has reached a magnitude that is incomprehensible. How many more good people are we going to lose before you decide to do something?

Horrible place to work stay away

Manager (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsEverything is changing to the worse. All the experienced people who care about the company are leaving

ConsManage by fear and. Avoid this place at all cost. Lots of self centered managers with major ego issue all the through the operation chain. Culture is the worst you can find in cooperate America. Omg they are racing to the bottom fast

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up

Welcome to the big boys club.

Customer Service (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsCorporate office: Tuition reimbursement program, excellent company contributed & matched 401k, great healthcare benefits, decent pay, fantastic dairy products.

ConsCorporate office: Super top heavy company, majority are male. If you are a woman, you rarely make it to management and if you do, you are treated unfairly. Too many interpersonal secret relationships among managers which is no fun to work under.

Advice to Senior ManagementHuman Resources should work for the little people as well as the management.

My experiences at Darigold's Lynden facility were, overall, very positive.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Lynden, WA

ProsStrong, progressive management staff and - generally - a high quality, committed workforce. While there are always a few bad apples in every barrel, for the most part the Lynden staff gave 110%. An excellent group to work with.

ConsThere is a major disconnect in values between most corporate staffers and the local staff at the facility itself. While most corporate people live in the immediate Seattle area, the facility staff is very rural, which on more than one occasion lead to clashes in the importance and priorities of various issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate should give local management more autonomy in terms of hiring, promotions, and local restructuring, or at least try to gain a better understanding of field operations.

Worked for Darigold? Contribute to the Community!

Darigold Videos

Darigold – Why Work for Us?

Harold Lewin, IT Help Desk Manager I joined Darigold’s IT department after working for a number a technology start-ups in the Seattle area. I liked the fast pace and dynamic nature of the startup culture, but I was also… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Darigold reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Darigold CEO Jim Wegner. All 50 reviews posted anonymously by Darigold employees.