Darkside Game Studios Reviews

Updated June 17, 2015
2 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
Ken Mayfield

1. Great company, great people.

Former Employee - Level Designer in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Level Designer in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at Darkside Game Studios full-time (More than a year)

Darkside Game Studios was a great place to work. Everyone there is very passionate about their work and very professional, yet in general it was a very relaxed work environment. The management is very experienced and do a great job acquiring new business and working on relationships with publishers.

It's a smaller studio and despite the best efforts of management, they suffer from the issues that smaller studios tend to, namely that they're still growing and building relationships and are a little more susceptible to living paycheck to paycheck than larger studios. That being said, management always did a great job keeping the projects and the paychecks coming.

Advice to Management

Honestly, I think Darkside's management is some of the best I've worked with and all I can advise them to do, is to keep doing what they're doing.

2. Did not pay

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I had the chance to work on some good projects for big developers.The payments were usually on time, and working with management was usually a pleasurable experience.

I wasn't paid for my services on the last project I worked on, not only that but I received no information on the situation despite numerous attempts to contact them.

RSS Feed </> Embed