- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Darkside Game Studios full-time for more than a yearPros
Darkside Game Studios was a great place to work. Everyone there is very passionate about their work and very professional, yet in general it was a very relaxed work environment. The management is very experienced and do a great job acquiring new business and working on relationships with publishers.Cons
It's a smaller studio and despite the best efforts of management, they suffer from the issues that smaller studios tend to, namely that they're still growing and building relationships and are a little more susceptible to living paycheck to paycheck than larger studios. That being said, management always did a great job keeping the projects and the paychecks coming.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Honestly, I think Darkside's management is some of the best I've worked with and all I can advise them to do, is to keep doing what they're doing.RecommendsPositive Outlook
1 person found this helpful
I worked at Darkside Game StudiosPros
- Fun Environment
- Breaks are taken occasionally to play games, and other fun activities.
- Great interaction between artists and developers.
- Being able to be proud of what you are producing.Cons
- All employees are expendable
- Sacrifices and "stepping up to the plate" events are not rewarded.
- Expected travel (25%) **Could be good or bad.
- Poor salary
- No benefits at all.
- Development kits are on "loan" from publishers and third parties.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Loyalty to your employees is critical. Otherwise, don't be surprised when your CTO quits on you.Recommends