Dart Container Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Robert C. Dart

Pros
  • however there are some good people who work there (in 5 reviews)

• Everyone at the company are great people to work with (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor management, no support, hostile work enviroment, Run away from this company if you can (in 3 reviews)

• Awful schedules, You are treated like cattle, hot,noisy, dirty work environment (in 3 reviews)

1. Management

Former Employee - Human Resource Generalist in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Human Resource Generalist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Dart Container (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great organization and Corporate cares about employees.

Cons

Management is from the area and only wants to hire people they know.

Advice to Management

be fair to employees

2. Graphics Dept.

I have been working at Dart Container full-time

Pros

Good benefits. A good talented group of artists. Nothing more I can really say thats good. Things need to turn around because people are not happy and want to leave.

Cons

Poor Management (under statement). Your concerns are ignored. Low pay. People are looked down on from management.

3. Very Stable. Management changing daily

I have been working at Dart Container full-time

Pros

Great employees and coworkers, Stable Company

Cons

Pay is well bellow average. Don't care about employees like they used to. Micro management at its finest and now everyone is a director or supervisor of something. Benefits mediocre, 401k decent.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees, stop firing people at the drop of a hat it destroys morale. Pay them what they are worth.

5. Overall Good Company

I have been working at Dart Container

Pros

New cafeteria, fitness center, stable company with some great co-workers

Cons

Growing very fast and having a hard time keeping up

Advice to Management

Make sure you are allowing your employees a good work-life balance or you may lose good talent.

6. hard and unrewarding

Current Employee - Inspector/Packer
    Current Employee - Inspector/Packer

I have been working at Dart Container full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The health care benefits are outstanding.

Cons

The work load is being continually increased. There is little to no positive feedback. There is a lot paper work being filled out without the work being done. There are continual safety issues that are not addressed in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful if the beliefs of the company overall would actually be put into practice.

7. Great company to work for.

I have been working at Dart Container

Pros

Great company although the culture has changed from a family run company to a large corporation. I would recommend to a friend.

Cons

Sometimes you do not know all your co-workers, because it is growing so fast.

8. IP

Current Employee - Paker in Leola, PA
    Current Employee - Paker in Leola, PA

I have been working at Dart Container

Pros

safe job, good in everythin

Cons

it is good in everythin

This Company is a SHAM!!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Mason, MI
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Mason, MI

I worked at Dart Container full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Dart Tribute Garden, Personal business time, I dont have any more to say, compensation?

Cons

Racism all throughout that is ignored, They reward loyalty vs hard work, Overworked/underpaid, wasn't ready for SAP integration, nepotism, sales reps/sales/customers suffer. SAP Integration hurt the sales, however cs management was not encouraged to do anything to get the customers their product. so glad I got out of this place -- I had to go to counseling while employed here due to racism, pressure and stress created from this job.

Advice to Management

YOU NEED TO NEW MANAGEMENT IN VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS. RACISM IS ABUNDANT ALL THROUGHOUT THE ORGANIZATION, so favoritism and nepotism. Reward hardwork and results, not loyalty or familial connections.

10. good short term job,BEST JOB YOU'll hate

Former Employee - Shift Mechanic in Plant City, FL
    Former Employee - Shift Mechanic in Plant City, FL

I worked at Dart Container full-time

Pros

very few pro's company say's you'll get a review @ 90 days / 6mos / then yearly ... this place is worst at reviewing employees timely . they put my second review off so long they screwed me out of it .. they do have new hr. manager and I expect she will improve thing some , really professional and smart. They have fired several dept. heads recently more need to be let go. I'de keep purchasing manager. and print dept. manager . fire the rest ... RUN AWAY don't waste your time at this company , I bet ! if you could interview ex employees the majority of them would say the best thing about working at dart was leaving the company, including the former plant manager of 30 years .PLANT CITY"S BEST PLACE TO NO LONGER BE WORKING.

Cons

dirty nasty environment , supper hot in summer. they don't tell you when you hire in that you will eventually be put on a twelve hour shift with a twenty min lunch, unable to leave premises , and they only provide vending machine food, many times no condiments available. and when they clean fridge one employee had her insulin tossed out !!!! LOOK this pretty much say's everything about company management ( one lady who spent 25 YEARS at THIS HELLHOLE got a seven cent raise in her 25th year, WHY would they do that? because she maxed out her payscale for that job. my question is this what kind of management team would allow this. If I were that supervisor I would have fought with all of my being to include that 7 cents in the previous review so the company doesn't look like they don't care. she's retiring soon and should have made that increase for her whole last year not just the last few months.) these are the reasons this company is always hiring . they have a permanent help wanted sign out front, that also is a indicator that they are crap to work for . "HAPPY 14TH BIRTHDAY PLANT CITY"S HELP WANTED SIGN"

Advice to Management

a ceo that never visits the facilities is not a leader, it's like burying your head in the sand and avoiding the problems at ground level, a true leader should try to meet his/her employees to inspire them . and instill loyalty. I can't be loyal to an imaginary figure I need to see you and feel that you are genuinely interested in your employees well being. you need to speak to employees occasionally instead of a form letter being read on some one's retirement / milestones in their career. Hell if I had your e-mail address you definitely would have heard from me while I was still employed by you, OH and what good does it do the company to fire people when they put in their notice to leave. you end up with people leaving without notice and you never leave open a door where an employee may return to the company at a later time .. How much did you spend to train me , not to retain me .... I saw new hires after me in the teens and many of them didn't last some of whom were good at their job .

11. Great company!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Dart Container full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They truly care about their employees and strive to create a "family" atmosphere.

Cons

They can be a bit "behind the times" in technology and business practices, but they know what they do and they do it very well.

RSS Feed </> Embed