Dart Transit Trucking

Add Photos

David Oren

Great internship overall

Intern (Current Employee) Lancaster, TX

ProsGreat pay for a college student. 6 weeks of training dealing with the entire company. Work very closely with a Mentor.

ConsSome drivers are pretty awful to deal with. Some days are super slow as an intern as well.

Ok not much corp. support

ProsDecent Benefits and good coworkers.

ConsHigh quotas and little corp. support

NIce co-workers and enviroment but poor pay and managers

Administrative (Former Employee) Eagan, MN

ProsThe company is family-owned and has that feel to it. The people working there are generally very nice and fun to be around. The HR department tries hard to motivate staff but it is difficult with little funds.

ConsThere is little room for advancement. Employees there 10+ years are not valued. They would rather hire someone new at a lower wage than promote or advance from within. It is all about the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less time worrying about how much $ you are making for yourself and more time developing talent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good people, management needs more training

Load Planner, Operations (Former Employee) Eagan, MN

ProsGood people
    If you find the right folks you can problem solve effectively
    Culture of taking care of our contractors.

ConsMediocre to poor mid level leadership (it was commonplace for me to be "counseled" by my manager by email with my entire group copied in)
    Compensation is low. They have this goofy "compensation chart" that they show every employee during their annual review to show them their "true" compensation (vacation days, benefits, etc...) That's great, but everyone gives out benefits, show me the money honey.
    Need to work on reducing the influence of some of the "crusties" who seem to think that they are entitled to anything because they have been there so long. Some of these guys/gals do not know what they are doing, and are often counterproductive.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to focus on training and developing your leaders. Dart has mid-level leaders that are all over the map in their management style, with some that are totally incompetent.

Good truck line to work for

Account Manager (Former Employee) Eagan, MN

ProsFor a truck line the management outlook is fairly progressive. They've got some good products and they generally care for each other. Very family oriented company. Most truck lines you will see a lot of tension in operations and a push to run trucks beyond HOS. Here the safety department is well in control and they try to keep the tension low in ops. Working in ops during the weekend will get overtime pay.

ConsPay is very low overall, they can have trouble developing their managers. Family run businesses sometimes put family members in places of responsibility when they really shouldn't, and here is no different.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee development(classes, evaluation systems, educational reimbursement etc..). Initiate 360 degree feedback systems for management and employees.

Be specific in regard to the salary you want before you accept a position.

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits, the benefits are awesome. But the benefits, no matter how Dart figures them, will NEVER compensate you for the low wages. The company is family owned and ran and therefore had more of a "family" attitude. Dart is a small to mid size company with positions throughout the US with personnel who work directly from their home.

ConsPay, the pay is not up to par....1-3 % annual salary increases regardless of how well you help develop or strengthen the company. Extra work load....expected, please don't expect any kind of kudo. Dart is known for meeting out punishment.....are you considered a team player?? If not beware you may be escorted fron the premises.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff.....choose your management carefully and then put procedures in place to make sure that the are doing the job. Implementing a management review would help a lot.

Its agood place to haul freight, there is plenty of it.

Owner Operator (Former Employee) Egan (China)

Pros95% drop and hook,always seem to have good freight. They did try their hardest to get you home when you requested it. If a consignee held you up too long dispatch did what they could to get you movin again, always payed detention. I would put my truck back on with them.

ConsSome of the snot nosed brats in dispatch have never sat in a truck let alone try to make a living in one, then they try to tell you how to run your truck, but thats only a few and they may be gone by now. When in a lease purchase they give you just enough miles to pay your bills with them but you gotta run way hard to pay your bills at home. Wouldnt recamend a lease/purchase with anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on getting retired drivers in dispatch that know something and have a personality. Oh and how about a bigger lot in Eagan to park or move your trailer shop so there is room to park inservice trls. it gets a bit cramped in there to say the least.

Senior Pricing Analyst

Senior Pricing Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsWe were given the freedom to do our jobs. We were a results driven company. We had great customer contact, which helped provide us loads when we needed them.

ConsSometimes the hours got a little long if we had to finish a project or bid that was on a time deadline. Other than that this family owned company was great to work for. It's people were it largest asset.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and open working environment.

Worked for Dart Transit Trucking? Contribute to the Community!