Dassault Falcon Jet

2.9

Dassault Falcon Jet President, CEO, and Director John Rosanvallon
John Rosanvallon

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Not too much attention paid to new hired

Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Dassault Falcon Jet full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good insurance, reasonable starting salary, easy to commute

Cons

The company does not really invest in new hired. There is no training plan or any career path for a new hired employee. You basically have to seek for your own tasks and apply for your own training.

Maybe pay more attention to what the young employees want to learn and try to change.

All the real aeronautical engineering is done in France.

Current Employee - Engineering in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Engineering in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Dassault Falcon Jet as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay, good social cover, great working environment, great products

Cons

No investment on employees, poor innovation, poor training. To people who are looking for challenging positions: be really cautious!

Invest and listen more to your employees: a great potential spoiled is here!

Intern for a summer

Former Employee - Engineer Intern in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Engineer Intern in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Dassault Falcon Jet as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Gained a lot of design software knowledge. Training was very in depth. Everyone is very nice and easy to get along with. There is a sense of accomplishment knowing your designs are going into a multi million dollar jet.

Cons

Seems to be a major rift between upper management and individual departments. Most of the design work is spatial arrangement and customer preference. The "real" engineering happens in France.

Get to know your employees

Great place to work

Current Employee - Analyst in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Analyst in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Dassault Falcon Jet full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly working environment. Great benefits. Promotes from within first if possible. Company tries to promote a family atmosphere and promotes community involvement.

Cons

No ERP System makes it hard to connect all departments throughout the company. Management a little detached from employees. No uniform policies for all employees. Each department could have different policy for exact same issue, in addition to handbook. More of a learn as you go office culture.

At one time, a great company to work for!

Former Employee - Material Department in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Material Department in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Dassault Falcon Jet full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay and the benefits are awesome!

Cons

The French have taken over, which is not a bad thing, just the way management treats employees. There are to many people that have changed over the years. The higher you go up in the company, the ruder you get to the employees. They must take a class on "How to hate your employees and treat them with no respect".

Please get off your high horse and come back down to earth. Treat your employees with respect and get the moral back the way it was and your production will improve. Most of the people I talk to that still work there, hate their job.

Falcon is a team working environment which I enjoy being part of.

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Dassault Falcon Jet as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I like working with the other co-workers to complete a task.

Cons

I enjoy working at Falcon but I it is contract work.

Keep striving to produce the perfect corporate jet.

It's okay.

Former Employee - Designer in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Designer in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Dassault Falcon Jet

Pros

One of the very few options locally for Aviation/Engineering that pays well for the area.
    Possibilties for cross training exists as often engineering is slightly undermanned.

Cons

French management sometimes suffers from a culture barrier making it difficult for them to understand how American workers' values and goals differ from that of French workers.

A stronger value should be placed upon keeping and rewarding loyal and experienced employees that are asked to work beyond thier "title" or "rank".

Not treated with the respect I deserved, low skill job

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Dassault Falcon Jet

Pros

Easy work and relatively consistent, easy money. Drawing boxes in Catia.

Cons

Management is completely out of touch with what is happening.
    Favoritism is rampant, You need to be part of the club to moved up to leadership positions
    I've heard that the engineering department was "cleaned up" so maybe it is better now.

None, they know what they should do to improve, they have just ignored the feedback. At least when I was there, I have heard that there have been some changes.

Not a good place for an engineer to work.

I have been working at Dassault Falcon Jet

Pros

The benefits package is outstanding (at least until that becomes taxable income). While the pay is well below the industry average, it is closer to the average for Little Rock. But the health care is the best plan of any company that I have worked for.

Cons

Job advancement opportunities for Americans are extremely limited. In order to advance in the company (or to have anyone in management listen to you) you must be French (French Canadian doesn't count, sorry guys). The management stupidly forces a production line process in every aspect of the job...we build CUSTOM aircraft!!! EVERY jet is different. an assembly line mentality is suicidal! Stop the insanity!!!

EVERY issue that comes up is called an "Engineering error". If they mess up the paint job on the plane - engineering error. If the cabinet shop cuts a cabinet in half by mistake - engineering error. If the installers put the cabinet in backward - engineering error. It is a joke. How can I put in a true effort into my job if there is no accountability downstream, and any error (even ones that I pointed out) are pinned on me.

"Engineered with passion" - HA!!!
    "Crafted with pride" - Nope...
    "slapped together by the lowest bidder without regard to quality" - now THAT is the Falcon way...

Not necessary. The French management thinks all Americans are idiots, and therefore there is nothing we can say. It would not surprise me to see them shut down the engineering office in Little Rock in the next 3 years. I honestly thing that is the goal of the engineering management; shut down the LR engineering department and move it back to France. Therefore they will not even try to improve things.

Still very good, could be better.

I have been working at Dassault Falcon Jet

Pros

The pay is very good for this area. The benefits are more than competitive within the field. They recently went through hard times but minimized layoffs as much as possible. They did have a series of furloughs which were not well thought out or organized but they did retain more people than a lot of companies would have. Hiring has finally started to return to normal.

Cons

Below management level the average employee can expect to work overtime and weekends for no apparent reason. Plans will be made daily and those plans will be changed by noon the next day. There are no problems that aren't considered a crisis. Consequently normal procedures never develop and are never used. Every problem that arises is a unique and bewildering maze for management.

Upper management is knowledgeable and well intentioned. However, they second guess everyone that works for them. If people aren't allowed to make simple decisions without being corrected they will stop making decisions. That's why every single issue we have winds up being decided at a VP level. Advice to management is this; Watch the big picture and stay out of everything else.

Dassault Falcon Jet Photos