Dassault Systemes

Dassault Systemes Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Dassault Systemes President and CEO Bernard Charles

Bernard Charles

Pros
  • The work-life balance is very good, and the atmosphere in the company is mostly nice (in 10 reviews)

• mes is also ready to invest in cutting-edge technologies, which allows you to fidget a bit with very nice tech (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Low salary on average comparing to other companies (in 5 reviews)

• No career path of progression for graduates/post graduates recruited from top Management Schools and Engineering institutes (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

This company has no soul. Most people are their as favorites and bussies not by merit.

ProsSome of the people are nice and they are all leaving!

ConsOne of the most toxic environments! HR is useless and most people there are only because of favoritism. Affairs galore, inappropriate behavior, retaliation tactics. If you are educated and want to move in your career, do not work here. It's all about who you know and those are the people that will ruin you and tear you down. There are many ex employees that are recovering from this terrible place

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the favoritism as most people don't work there and the ones that are working are not favored. You are killing careers!- it's one big party and back stabbiing environment. Stop turning a blind eye because there are many liabilities there waiting to bloom.

Biggest Business Transformation fail in Latin America

Senior Key Account Manager and Client Executive (Former Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsProducts are very good with superior level of technology and state of the art. World Wide acting, financially solid, large company.

ConsToo much managers in relation to productive staff. Incredible inefficient complex pyramidal, nearly military, typical French, management structure. No growth nor working career development plan. Nearly no salary increase possible. To many youngsters and MBAs for a technical orientated company and clients. No developed service structure for post sales, service and consulting. No patience for big business. Bad work environment and communication. Leak of strategy break down. Many good and experienced people are leaving the company as there is hardly a way to internally contribute with improvements in strategy and operations. Looks like a family company with no focus. Specially in Latin America management is a closed friends club taking things personal, not professional.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring new managers all 6 months. Get the internal experienced staff into leadership as they are really waiting for it. Create career plans and keep to them. Train your technical staff as there are no resources on the short time market with the experience and quality needed. Give guidance to the younger and don’t leave them alone to later complain about them. Go for long term growth and not for the short money. Have a correct salary growth plan related to experience value and not only job title and try to keep experienced experts on board and available. Come back to reality and leave your bubble.

process driven R&D is path to mediocrity

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Vélizy-Villacoublay (France)

Pros- good balance between personal life and work
    - good compensations (discount on travels, shows)

Cons- weak computer science culture
    - internal politics
    - few innovations
    - technical experts not recognized

Advice to Senior Management- simply get rid of current R&D management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pay is not good.

Network Manager (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsThey haven't figured out I haven't a clue yet. I keep moving up!

ConsIncreases are very very very poor. I mean very poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep me until I pay some off my other business off please.

VERY BAD END OF INTERVIEWS

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsFirst few rounds with a test looked good..later hours of waiting and waiting will make you down.

ConsSmall very compact building in Bangalore, India, Parking problems, many had resigned already so they asked are you here for interviews? Why? For what? I was strangely surprised. They said eventually you will leave anyway so why join here. I did observe 2 cockroaches on the floor and near my chair. Very uneasy to see all that around age old cubicles...:(

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything is there in front of their eyes, why advice anyone?

Worst Management in Latin America

PLM Consultant (Former Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsVery good products! Breathtaking Technology! Very focused and enthusiastic CEO.

ConsIt seems to me that the company doesn't care about Latin America. All the people hired for the management positions are not from the area, and most of them got a very poor view over the solution and the market. There are no sales strategies and I always felt like a firemen. No career development, most of the talents (90%) from the technical area left the company, because they didn't agree to how things are managed.

There are two Dassault Systèmes, one outside LA and another in LA. Bad work environment and no communication between sales and technical areas. In 5 years never saw a strategy coming from the management team. Looks like a family company with no focus.

Advice to Senior ManagementCoach Training. Hire new people from the field to the management positions.

Engineering the future... the poor man's way.

R&D Software Engineer (Former Employee) Vélizy-Villacoublay (France)

Pros- Very good profit-sharing bonus (FR : "I&P"), only 2nd to the ones in banking AFAIK. About 20% of annual salary.
    - A lot of advantages like best French work council (FR : "CE"), facilities (parking, cantina, sport rooms, a lot of different classes)
    - Final products are quite amazing, powerful.
    - Atmosphere is rather relaxed.
    - Regular traineeships. 1/year let's say.
    - Some top companies have been bought recently (but quite some people have left them since)

Cons- A lot of people don't know how to program. This seems normal when you know that a lot of people do not come from the IT world but are mechanical etc engineers.
    - Bad technical ecosystem. They do everything in-house, and succeed in some process'/tools/FWs, but just don't have the manpower/skillfulness to compete with existing market solutions. If you prefer using git/C++ stdlib etc, don't go there :D
    - Some subjects keep resurfacing every 3-6 years, with no solution to them.
    - Internal competition leads to instability, wrong people at the wrong places, pressure.
    - Management chain is big, and too many technical decisions are made by the top who are simply unrealistic delay-wise. The code-base is too big and sloppy and redundant to efficiently do something.
    - Too much heterogeneous software practices, software... companies that are bought aren't ingested properly (or left to be there way).
    - Takes 5-10 years to become a manager of more than a few people

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't know... I'd say hire IT professionals to make a good code-base, and too ease off the pressure put upon certain people. Stop being nervous and unrealistic, start relaxing and understanding, accepting, what's really happening. Then you'll realize that you need more IT people (the real deal), and abandon some projects.

Not a bad company with good Benefits

ProsWork culture, Other colleagues are nice with people working from long time.

ConsPay, lot of French style and no exposure. Need to train and spend money to nurture the talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain more and increase pay

So much potential wasted

Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) Vélizy-Villacoublay (France)

ProsCompetitive Salary
    Interesting Project
    Relaxed environement and lot's of interesting and competent people.

Cons-management that create entropy by having poor technical background
    -permanent internal competition that leads to poor strategy decision\
    -No recognition for programer. You have to become a manager if you want too be recognize. But it's often people who don't know how to code, and spend lot's of time in meeting, who get promoted. Thus there's a disconnection between management and programmer.

Advice to Senior Managementit's not because one doesn't know how to code that he will be a good manager... this lead to technically poor management that can't understand what their staff are doing.

FR

ProsGlobal company with wide ranges of accountability offered to employees

Consvery poor governance with a management working under FEAR
    very bad work life balance

Worked for Dassault Systemes? Contribute to the Community!