Dassault Systemes

Dassault Systemes Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Dassault Systemes President and CEO Bernard Charles

Bernard Charles

Pros:
  • "The work-life balance is very good, and the atmosphere in the company is mostly nice"
    in 10 reviews
  • "mes is also ready to invest in cutting-edge technologies, which allows you to fidget a bit with very nice tech"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Low salary, lack of communication, poor leadership, you can get shuffled around into another position without formally being told"
    in 3 reviews
  • "But since this is a French company, with the history of monarchy, this is representative of its management style"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

process driven R&D is path to mediocrity

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Vélizy-Villacoublay (France)

Pros- good balance between personal life and work
    - good compensations (discount on travels, shows)

Cons- weak computer science culture
    - internal politics
    - few innovations
    - technical experts not recognized

Advice to Senior Management- simply get rid of current R&D management

Pay is not good.

Network Manager (Current Employee)
    Waltham, MA

ProsThey haven't figured out I haven't a clue yet. I keep moving up!

ConsIncreases are very very very poor. I mean very poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep me until I pay some off my other business off please.

VERY BAD END OF INTERVIEWS

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

ProsFirst few rounds with a test looked good..later hours of waiting and waiting will make you down.

ConsSmall very compact building in Bangalore, India, Parking problems, many had resigned already so they asked are you here for interviews? Why? For what? I was strangely surprised. They said eventually you will leave anyway so why join here. I did observe 2 cockroaches on the floor and near my chair. Very uneasy to see all that around age old cubicles...:(

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything is there in front of their eyes, why advice anyone?

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst Management in Latin America

PLM Consultant (Former Employee)
    São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsVery good products! Breathtaking Technology! Very focused and enthusiastic CEO.

ConsIt seems to me that the company doesn't care about Latin America. All the people hired for the management positions are not from the area, and most of them got a very poor view over the solution and the market. There are no sales strategies and I always felt like a firemen. No career development, most of the talents (90%) from the technical area left the company, because they didn't agree to how things are managed.

There are two Dassault Systèmes, one outside LA and another in LA. Bad work environment and no communication between sales and technical areas. In 5 years never saw a strategy coming from the management team. Looks like a family company with no focus.

Advice to Senior ManagementCoach Training. Hire new people from the field to the management positions.

Engineering the future... the poor man's way.

R&D Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Vélizy-Villacoublay (France)

Pros- Very good profit-sharing bonus (FR : "I&P"), only 2nd to the ones in banking AFAIK. About 20% of annual salary.
    - A lot of advantages like best French work council (FR : "CE"), facilities (parking, cantina, sport rooms, a lot of different classes)
    - Final products are quite amazing, powerful.
    - Atmosphere is rather relaxed.
    - Regular traineeships. 1/year let's say.

Cons- A lot of people don't know how to program. This seems normal when you know that a lot of people do not come from the IT world but are mechanical etc engineers.
    - Bad technical ecosystem. They do everything in-house, and succeed in some process'/tools/FWs, but just don't have the manpower/skillfulness to compete with existing market solutions. If you prefer using git/C++ stdlib etc, don't go there :D
    - Some subjects keep resurfacing every 3-6 years, with no solution to them.
    - Internal competition leads to instability, wrong people at the wrong places, pressure.
    - Management chain is big, and too many technical decisions are made by the top who are simply unrealistic delay-wise.
    - Too much heterogeneous software practices, software... companies that are bought aren't ingested properly (or left to be there way).
    - Takes 5-10 years to become a manager of more than a few people

Advice to Senior Management- Intermeditate/immeditate managment : try to find a way to not systematically comply to the pressure from your own boss. Think about what he's saying, if it's possible, then agree or modify his request.
    - High (Florack) : just go away
    - Employees not interested in IT, non-professionals : same as above
    There are good and interesting colleagues however!

Not a bad company with good Benefits

ProsWork culture, Other colleagues are nice with people working from long time.

ConsPay, lot of French style and no exposure. Need to train and spend money to nurture the talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain more and increase pay

So much potential wasted

Software Development Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsCompetitive Salary
    Interesting Project
    Relaxed environement and lot's of interesting and competent people.

Cons-management that create entropy by having poor technical background
    -permanent internal competition that leads to poor strategy decision\
    -No recognition for programer. You have to become a manager if you want too be recognize. But it's often people who don't know how to code, and spend lot's of time in meeting, who get promoted. Thus there's a disconnection between management and programmer.

Advice to Senior Managementit's not because one doesn't know how to code that he will be a good manager... this lead to technically poor management that can't understand what their staff are doing.

FR

ProsGlobal company with wide ranges of accountability offered to employees

Consvery poor governance with a management working under FEAR
    very bad work life balance

Immature organization for a company this size.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsHighly innovative company with great strategic vision and extremely talented people. Excellent product and technology.

ConsVery immature sales organization that doesn't know how to recruit or retain top sales talent. Culturally insensitive and arrogant corporate culture that forces french talking points that do not translate internationally. Marketing and branding organization is a joke. Executive committee is petty, immature, arrogant and disconnected with the tactical realities of running a business this size.

My experience at Dassault Systemes India has been a true eye opener of bad corporate policies

Junior Consultant (Current Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

Pros1) Opportunity to interact with C level executives
    2) Become a brand ambassador for 3D mock-up and digitalization software
    3) Opportunity to take-up challenging projects
    4) Opportunity to work on multiple domain and work with cross functional teams

Cons1) No career path of progression for graduates/post graduates recruited from top Management Schools and Engineering institutes
    2) Clarity for career progression not given at the time of joining the company
    3) Sales driven organization so job security is a concern

Advice to Senior Management1) Work culture needs to improve drastically. Here the attitude is dog-eat-dog and uncertainty of future in the company
    2) Do not recruit graduates/post graduates to spoil there career @ Dassault Systemes

Worked for Dassault Systemes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dassault Systemes reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dassault Systemes CEO Bernard Charles. All 90 reviews posted anonymously by Dassault Systemes employees.