Data Processing Sciences

Add Photos

Scott Nesbitt

Great Company!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsVery laid back working environment. Management does a good job assigning employees tasks and then giving them the freedom to complete those tasks with minimal supervision. The company will pay for certifications after only 3 months of employment and offers a generous amount of paid time off. Company Executives are extremely approachable and friendly and go out of their way to make you feel valued. The company recruiter is very honest and does a great job providing you with a realistic view of the position and the company. I had a lot of questions prior to accepting the job offer and regardless of whether it was early in the morning or late at night he was always available to speak with me.

ConsSome of the more tenured employees tend to feel entitled and do not pull their weight as much as the newer employees do. I haven't been impressed with the HR Director. She always seems to be out of the office and rarely answers compensation and benefits questions in a timely manner. The benefits are not as good as some of the other companies I have worked for in the past but the quality of life that DPSciences offers is more important to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementPresent employees with a defined career path so they are aware of advancement opportunity.

Great company to work for

Employee (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsFamily style company
    Great co-workers
    Flexible schedules
    Caring management

ConsI have absolutely no complaints about DPS.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change the model. What you are doing is working.

Exudes mediocrity in all aspects.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat technical exposure, complete access to most companies which you support (Domain admin, full RTR/SW/Call Mgr access). Reimbursement for certifications (including attempts), education (5k). Exposure to a wide range of Cisco and Microsoft products. Generally hires intelligent people.

ConsComplete lack of documentation, processes (including emergencies), feedback from management, and poor treatment of employees. DPS, fights tooth and nail for salary increases regardless of position. Expect 10-20% less than comparable positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect and as dignified beings with intrinsic value, rather than objects to be fearmongered (do it or expect to be fired). Document knowledge processes and ensure engineers and sales provides adequate information to provide customers with the support they pay for. Create an environment which encourages employees rather than forces the bare minimum.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsFlexibility in your schedule
    No micro managers
    uncapped earning potential

Consno marketing department
    sales reps are required to manage presales and postsales efforts

Advice to Senior ManagementFree up sales reps time to focus on selling and less on administrative and project management tasks.

Worked for Data Processing Sciences? Contribute to the Community!