DataArt
www.dataart.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

DataArt Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Not yet rated.

One of the best places to work

Team Lead/Senior Dev (Current Employee)

ProsThere are many things in DA which are done right, and among them:
    1) Flat management tree. You are not gonna have 5 managers sitting on your head, one is more than enough:)
    2) Open culture. If you are "smart and get things done", you'll earn respect and responsibilities.
    3) Internal education program sometimes can be of great help.

Cons1) A lot (really, A LOT) depends on a project you'll be working on. Even though it's not a problem in 95% of cases, the remaining 5% can make your life truly miserable. On the other hand, every new project usually gives you a lot of new experience - new clients, new teams, new managerial styles.
    2) Open space. In general, it could be a nice thing if served with "let's try to not disturb our dear colleagues" kind of attitude. Unfortunately, it's not how it works here. If a person from another corner has something to say, you'll hear it no matter what.

Good impresson, smart people.

Android Developer (Current Employee)
    Kharkiv (Ukraine)

ProsOpportunity to learn and work with different technologies, experienced professinals all around that motivate you to grow to their level, comfortable office.

ConsLarge sized companies always seemed to me as excessively bureaucratic structures which limit employee's perspectives. I hope this company is not like that.

Vast variety of projects

Java Developer (Current Employee)
    Voronezh, Voronezhskaya Oblast' (Russia)

ProsFriendly environment, semi-flexi hours, good pay. Many different opportunities for very different projects with huge technological stack

ConsMany different customers. Possibility of facing dull or straightforward project. SEMI-flexi hours. Can be highly stressful work

Advice to Senior ManagementCarry on

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great job with versatile management

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Kharkiv (Ukraine)

ProsDifferent management level with variety of management approaches. A lot of projects with defferent topics and fine opportunity to grow up.

ConsRather difficult to rise upper grades in huge projects with a lot of involved people.

Advice to Senior ManagementSalary should be reviewed each 6 month as it was discussed on the interview. And it should be constant rule for each employee without exceptions

Almost the best in the local area

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Voronezh, Voronezhskaya Oblast' (Russia)

Pros1. Flexible schedule - it's possible to work here full-time and study at the university. 2. Really great people & specialists - no additional comments here. 3. High speed of career development - it's possible to become a valuable one-man-army specialist in short terms (I've grown from an intern to a senior engineer less than in 1.5 years). 4. Salary growth - highly depends on your skills and reputation among your teammates and project managers. 5. The best place to start your IT career - the company has quite good internship policy and periodically hire a number of interns in different technologies. 6. Frequent inhouse and open seminars and corporate activities

Cons1. Open space - sometimes it's difficult to concentrate on your current tasks since there are lots of people nearby who are on their daily standups. 2. Probability of ending up in a "swamp" - you may stagnate in a long-term project with no perspectives there and gradually lose your qualification with only little chance to leave the project. 3. Working hours - highly depends on the project, but generally an ordinary workday is shifted into the second half of the day 4. Weak horizontal mobility - it's unlikely to change your main technology/area of work 5. Salary growth mechanism - non-transparent for both newbies and some oldbies due to the lack of average values in the local area

Advice to Senior Management1. Track local labour-marked supply more thoroughly and take into account not only average local rates, but also average rates from the "IT capitals" in the country. 2. Provide more opportunities for horizontal mobility (to be honest, this process has started, but it's not as speedy as some people wish). 3. Stay the same and keep the best existing traditions in the sphere of people relations and corporate atmosphere :)

Good place to start your career

Andriod Developer (Former Employee)
    Kherson (Ukraine)

ProsInternship programs for students and non-tech people. Comfortable working environment. Flexible schedule. Free tea, cookies and fruits. Variety rest-events.

ConsSmaller money than other companies offer and salary review painful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing good job. Watch out employee leaving.

Dynamic active company with great friendly people. It is a pleasure to be a part of this strong and ambitious team.

Saint Petersburg (Russia)

ProsPeople and interaction between employees is the main asset. Executive management is very easy to communicate with and ready to help and solve problems proactively.

ConsLow salary compared to the average on market.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore programs to motivate the staff, more teambuilding activities.

Project manager 7 years in the company

ProsLots of opportunities, ephasis on tecnical skills, flexible ... well flexible all. In fact top management is ready to discuss everything. Excelent opportunity to advance.
    Your salary depends on your skills. Period. Friendly and pro-active community.

ConsIf do not like programming or you do not like working in IT, or want to have senior salary automaticlly after 3 years of working in IT, then it is definitely not your company.
    This company is for skilled dedicated people who like their job.
    Salary depends on your skill. No skill increase - no salary increase.
    You should be pro-active. If you do nothing - (almost) nothing would happen.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep moving

Nice place to study, but very average place to work

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Voronezh, Voronezhskaya Oblast' (Russia)

ProsPerfect trainee program: they will teach you everything you need(or want)
    Unlike product companies, here you can gain experience in dozens of technologies.
    Awesome customers, one even helped me with my task, when we were out of schedule.

ConsSalaries are lower than average, one of the lowest offers I ever got.
    Office is very noisy and overcrowded.
    Overworks(may be this is a pro).
    No formal examinations, grades seems random to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, make Dataart a little bit less messy.

I'm a full-time employee at DataArt for more than a year.

Software Developer (Current Employee)

ProsA perfect opportunity to master any programming skill and language. Friendly atmosphere. The company cares about its employees.

ConsThe work day is usually shifted to the second half of the day due to western customers locations.

Worked for DataArt? Contribute to the Community!

DataArt Videos

DataArt – Why Work for Us?

DataArt is a custom software development firm that builds advanced solutions for the financial services, healthcare, hospitality and other industries. Combining domain knowledge with offshore cost advantages and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DataArt reviews and ratings. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by DataArt employees.