DataBank IMX Reviews

2.9
Chuck Bauer

1. They genuinely care

I worked at DataBank IMX part-time

Pros

Everyone is seen as being on the same team. Great support system.

Cons

Lots of ambiguity in corporate infrastructure due to M&A's

2. Senior Sales Executive

I worked at DataBank IMX

Pros

Solid Production Staff and Management Team

Cons

Production Scheduling relevant to delivery

Advice to Management

Continue to improve production through latest hardware and software solutions

3. Great job to quit.

Current Employee - Data Entry in Beltsville, MD
    Current Employee - Data Entry in Beltsville, MD

I have been working at DataBank IMX full-time

Pros

The immediate managers at entry level are fantastic. They are flexible with time off and have great personalities. Truly is a solid work environment. Everyone at my branch is amazing. BUT...

Cons

Upper management of the company should be fired. Completely ignorant and insensitive. During one of our "talks" because we had to downsize because they lost business, one upper management belittled our receptionist by saying "you're not an expert" as an example of how easy it is to work here. They will like to visit every once in a while and remind you how terrible people like them exist. No room to grow. Imagine doing the same exact thing for a decade or two. There is several examples.

Advice to Management

Seek therapy.

5. I experienced check sorting, documents scanning, that was my first time

Former Employee - Data Entry Operator/Document Prep Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at DataBank IMX full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working here, fast pace work new experience with processing medical checks and records

Cons

Being able to remember coding, order, wasn't hard repetitions

Advice to Management

Enjoyed working for this company gained alot of experience here

6. Working with the company for several years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at DataBank IMX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to help grow the company and make meaningful impacts in the way we do business. Great environment to experience the transition from a small company to its next steps. Senior leadership is beginning to communicate more frequently and we are already seeing positive movement in morale and alignment with key objectives.
    Perks include working from home, generally there is minimal travel, and 401k plans.
    Great place if you thrive on driving yourself and in being creative.

Cons

Still face the challenges of a growing company working through the Obamacare challenges.

Advice to Management

Continue to reinforce strategy and how our near term goals are supporting these. Frequent communication is planned and this is expected to pay dividends.
    Reward all hard work. The focus should not be only on sales.

7. Growing company, lots of opportunity!

I have been working at DataBank IMX (More than a year)

Pros

The company is experiencing strong growth so there's plenty of opportunity to do interesting work and advance into higher levels. Also, lots of support for work from home. Much of the field managment is very competent and they care about people.

Cons

Communication throughout the organization could be improved.

8. DataBank a good place to work

I worked at DataBank IMX

Pros

Good company doing many things the right way

Cons

acquiring companies at a fast pace, seemed to lose focus on some existing personnel

Advice to Management

Make sure you keep your personnel focused and driven

The worst

I worked at DataBank IMX

Pros

There are predetermined times for breaks.

Cons

If you are a minority, there is no room for a advancement. In addition, there is a culture of nepotism that is openly practiced.

10. Disappointing experience

Former Employee - Data Entry Operator in West Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Data Entry Operator in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at DataBank IMX full-time

Pros

Flexible hours. Great for people who need their daytime free as they have swing shifts available. Helps develop and increase your typing and data entry skills.

Cons

I worked as one of many longterm temps in this office doing data entry of 8,000 kph/hr. We were *very* under-paid for the job we had. Very little communication in office. Training, policies, and procedures were rarely communicated, leaving us employees to find out the hard way on our own. Training structure was terrible, especially for such a detail-oriented job. This office was having constant turnover because of all these reasons. Either employees would get fed up and quit, or, like me, would be let go for false reasons. In my case, I was let go for not being fast enough, but I met their daily quota and often exceeded it, and my kph/hr was also at their requirement. They also let go of several other temps at the same time for similar reasons. None of the regular, permanent employees seemed happy or enthusiastic about working there and were just going through the motions. They looked and acted like they would rather be anywhere else. You would think that management would get a clue and do something about all these problems. Don't they get tired of having to constantly train new people because they can rarely retain any employees?

Advice to Management

Most importantly, I suggest that you pay your employees what they and the job are worth. You demand so much yet pay a piddly salary of only $10.50/hr. That job should be at least $12.50/hr. And foster an environment where employees love their job, the management, and are happy to work there. Stop the high turnover rate and train management to retain employees.

Don't bother....

I worked at DataBank IMX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As it is at most companies, there are many decent people in this company working so hard, trying to make this company work.

Cons

The medical benefits are awful, do they even meet the Obamacare guidelines? There is no company culture--it is just made up. The management doesn't listen to their employees, and they don't expect a work/life balance. They want you to work long hours, weekends, and don't care when you do. They micromanage and think they know everything, and won't listen to Subject Matter Experts, as they know more.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people, why did you hire them?

RSS Feed </> Embed