DataBank IMX

Updated January 26, 2015
Updated January 26, 2015
2.5

Chuck Bauer

Growing company, lots of opportunity!

I have been working at DataBank IMX (more than a year)

Pros

The company is experiencing strong growth so there's plenty of opportunity to do interesting work and advance into higher levels. Also, lots of support for work from home. Much of the field managment is very competent and they care about people.

Cons

Communication throughout the organization could be improved.

DataBank a good place to work

I worked at DataBank IMX

Pros

Good company doing many things the right way

Cons

acquiring companies at a fast pace, seemed to lose focus on some existing personnel

Make sure you keep your personnel focused and driven

Disappointing experience

Former Employee - Data Entry Operator in West Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Data Entry Operator in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at DataBank IMX full-time

Pros

Flexible hours. Great for people who need their daytime free as they have swing shifts available. Helps develop and increase your typing and data entry skills.

Cons

I worked as one of many longterm temps in this office doing data entry of 8,000 kph/hr. We were *very* under-paid for the job we had. Very little communication in office. Training, policies, and procedures were rarely communicated, leaving us employees to find out the hard way on our own. Training structure was terrible, especially for such a detail-oriented job. This office was having constant turnover because of all these reasons. Either employees would get fed up and quit, or, like me, would be let go for false reasons. In my case, I was let go for not being fast enough, but I met their daily quota and often exceeded it, and my kph/hr was also at their requirement. They also let go of several other temps at the same time for similar reasons. None of the regular, permanent employees seemed happy or enthusiastic about working there and were just going through the motions. They looked and acted like they would rather be anywhere else. You would think that management would get a clue and do something about all these problems. Don't they get tired of having to constantly train new people because they can rarely retain any employees?

Most importantly, I suggest that you pay your employees what they and the job are worth. You demand so much yet pay a piddly salary of only $10.50/hr. That job should be at least $12.50/hr. And foster an environment where employees love their job, the management, and are happy to work there. Stop the high turnover rate and train management to retain employees.

Awful Experience. Where Is The Leadership?

I worked at DataBank IMX full-time

Pros

Some positive people who really want to help.

Competent technical support team.

Some very knowledgeable people with years of experience.

Cons

Lack of competent leadership and poor communication from management . Management has been busy with scouting, buying and merging activities. Most available support and money seemed to be pouring into these activities. All indications are that the goal is to sell the company and they are trying to cut expenses until a buyer can be found. Absentee Management does not care about building the business internally or treating their employees fairly. Employees take the blame when the job cant get done due to insufficient resources. Databank IMX does not have a local presence in many areas and they do not have an effective go to market strategy.

Change out some of the management team and find leaders who understand how to motivate employees and are able to get things done. Employees do not care how many companies they acquire if they are not getting a piece of the ownership. Employees are not motivated by fear, so it is important not to reward this type of unprofessional behavior.Time for a new regime.

Don't bother....

I worked at DataBank IMX full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As it is at most companies, there are many decent people in this company working so hard, trying to make this company work.

Cons

The medical benefits are awful, do they even meet the Obamacare guidelines? There is no company culture--it is just made up. The management doesn't listen to their employees, and they don't expect a work/life balance. They want you to work long hours, weekends, and don't care when you do. They micromanage and think they know everything, and won't listen to Subject Matter Experts, as they know more.

Listen to your people, why did you hire them?

This company's goal is to grow and it was very clear at some future point in time they would be sold.

Former Employee - Solutions Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Solutions Analyst in Orlando, FL

I worked at DataBank IMX full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They had great parties and events for the team.

Cons

Two weeks of vacation for a tech company is nuts.

Positioning for sale, Benefits package is below market,. Lots of better employers out there in the market.

Current Employee - Low-Mid Management
    Current Employee - Low-Mid Management

I have been working at DataBank IMX

Pros

Good group of people who work hard to hit ridiculous deadlines set by salespeople. Management is largely absentee so we can run the business the way we see fit.

Cons

Poor top down communication. Company only growing by acquisition. Ops and sales constantly battling each other. Poor benefit package and always cost cutting to position company for sale.

Sell already and infuse company with some new, vibrant management that thinks differently from what has worked for 10 years and moves the company forward. Right now acquisitions are only thing to get excited about....and that doesn't affect us much!

I loved working for such a great employer

Former Employee - Data Entry Operator/Document Prep Technician in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Data Entry Operator/Document Prep Technician in Canton, MA

I worked at DataBank IMX full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working with College students to assure all documents are complete and correct, working with a great team and a good management team, Open door Policy to voice concerns with Management. TEAM WORK.

Cons

Better Heath benefits, Timely reviews and raises. Should of been more cross training, Nothing more than that, Databank is a great Company to work for. I would recommend to others.

Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at DataBank IMX full-time

Pros

Great company for growth, very fast paced environment, great talent, nice company culture

Cons

Left hand isn't always talking to the right hand in terms of different management throughout the company, makes it confusing and frustrating at times

Learn to be on the same page and share common goals

Poor, unfocused management. Looking for a new opportunity? You can do better than DataBank.

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant
    Former Employee - Solutions Consultant

I worked at DataBank IMX full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My co-workers were great, within my office. The engineering management and teams are all impressive, smart people.
    Might be a better place once the Sales Management hierarchy gets completely re-vamped.

Cons

Slow to adapt to changes in the marketplace, or to adopt new, more efficient ways of doing business. Not much support for career growth within Software Sales. Consistent push to over-sell and under-deliver. VP's without clear directives, other than "make more money." Desperately need an HR department.

Get a real HR department. Be much more clear and communicative about company direction and goals.

DataBank IMX Photos