DataDirect Networks

Updated January 26, 2015
Updated January 26, 2015

DataDirect Networks Co-Founder & CEO Alex Bouzari
Alex Bouzari

Changing culture for the better

Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at DataDirect Networks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company on a positive uptick, management is involved in the day to day and steering the company in a great direction

Cons

Company very focused on HPC and parallel computing, doing very well in that industry and does not have a great enterprise offering

While focusing on continued leadership in the HPC and parallel computing, DDN needs an Enterprise offering

Great Company Culture!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at DataDirect Networks

Pros

Great team culture. Growing and on the right path forward. Technology and roadmap are first rate- set to dominate the market in less than 2 years. Already dominating HPC.

Cons

Pretty demanding sales machine. Senior leadership is very growth focused and diligent about qualifying opportunities and validating pipeline. I guess these are not really so much cons, just something to be aware of if you are looking at a sales role and are not experienced in a high growth sales org.

Keep focus. Its good to be flexible to market needs but these things should not impact our technology development schedule.

The Best and Smartest Company

Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clarita, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at DataDirect Networks

Pros

Smart company all around from their Leadership, Employees and Technology. The culture is very energetic, fast paced, fun and empathetic/caring. Beyond their team, they have the best tools, resources and processes. The employees are valued, trusted and everyone works as team. DataDirect Networks runs a very tight ship, I have never experienced anything like it. They compensate their employees very good and have great benifit with extended paid holiday time off for employees to be with our families. The CEO and President will also go above and beyond in acknowledging all their 600 plus employees. DataDirect Networks is a fast growing company, they are the leaders in Big Data Storage and it's an honor to be among this great company in what they are accomplishing and stand for.

Cons

DataDirect Networks is a high tech company and there was a lot to learn, so it was a little intimidating at first, but they have world class training and it's important to stay up to date in taking advantage of all their training resources beyond what is required to always be learning. Not really a con, but just some wisdom for future employees.

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at DataDirect Networks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Market leaders in HPC, Life Sciences, Financial Services, Oil&Gas or any research requiring large I/O or large capacity Excellent with customers when you find the right field, SE's are very knowledgable and probably the best in the field.
    Great people, great management and on top of it very competitive compensation.

Cons

Marketing team is great, but could be more impactful, if they had more resources.

Keep promoting what DDN does best more publicly!!

Serious Technology that is Making a Difference

I have been working at DataDirect Networks

Pros

The company is building a strong culture of employee recognition
    Management supports career goals, growth and transitions
    Strong corp work ethic is balanced by very flexible attitudes towards work styles, locations, hours
    Working on the category-leading products with passionate people is challenging, motivating and fun
    Lots of motivation from interacting with customers who are leaders in their field, and who are working on systems, materials, models, energy sources, and more that will fundamentally change the way we live

Cons

People who expect the culture to be like a mega tech company are not a good fit - they struggle. So, when you're interviewing ask lots of questions about fit and get several current employees' input.

Thought leading technology, flexible work schedule, a place to flourish and always be challenged

Current Employee - Business Development in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at DataDirect Networks

Pros

DDN is a place to take your career to the next level. Opportunities abound and the invention culture in the company is without compare. I am allowed to be involved in any project that interests me and where I can make a difference. The opportunity to work from home from time to time is embraced and opportunities for travel and to work directly with customers are easily come by.

Cons

The culture is very high intensity, results driven. Some people find the constant push for results to be very stressful.

Reward and recognize top performers heavily. Listen to team members when concerns about the organization's ability to scale and produce results is getting fragile. Invest in more good people to support the goals of the company.

Technology

I worked at DataDirect Networks

Pros

It has some interesting works

Cons

It will probably keep lying on going public soon. Don't fall into the trap

Don't lie.

Abusive relationship. Employees try so hard, there are hints of progress, but the bull eventually kills all energies

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at DataDirect Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart, innovative and hard working people. I met some great people and friends. Even followed them when things fell apart. DDN can be a nice, small boutique vendor, but not much more.

Cons

They had a window of opportunity to be leaders and mucked it up. Once in a Lifetime has passed. You missed it. Make a plan and STICK to it!

Read the back of your business card everyday. The values are a joke. People work for people. Humble yourself and show some appreciation and respect.

New Day Every Day

I have been working at DataDirect Networks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you want monotony and a 9-5 this certainly isn’t the place! I like to learn something new every day and get creative with the job given me and have been able to do that at DDN. It moves super fast. Shifting project priorities. Culture promotes idea generation and ownership. Autonomous yet collaborative. Great people and energy. Definitely an exciting place to work.

Cons

Moving fast and shifting priorities simultaneously can be challenging. Got to learn to roll with it. Sometimes the asks are unrealistic and you’re not given enough time implementation success.

Leadership team is super smart, creative and highly respected. And such passion for what we do and what we want to accomplish. Trust in us. Let the details go. We will succeed beyond your expectations.

Back on track

I have been working at DataDirect Networks full-time (less than a year)

Pros

they seem to be back on track with a lot of vertical markets
    - growth opportunities

Cons

- lack of proper training
    - bonus plan not competitive enough

DataDirect Networks Photos