DataSift

www.datasift.com

DataSift Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Rob Bailey

Rapid growth is the first order of the day at DataSift

Sales (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsTeam oriented collaborative culture is the secret to our success, along with fully engaged, energized and forward thinking supportive leadership; and great people. Plenty of autonomy to be creative and innovative in my job.

ConsNone unless you don't take well to a fast paced open environment where continued change is a certainty and opportunity is plentiful for innovative thinker/doers.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of the most critical and challenging parts of management is deciding who makes the team and where you play them. Let's keep bringing in great people and using them to their fullest potential.

I Love DataSift

Executive (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThis company is definitely a rocket ship, growing like crazy and will be public company one day. Love working with incredibly smart, fun hard working people on really interesting work.

ConsThe DataSift culture is pretty intense and fast moving. If you are looking for a slow day job, this probably isn't your place.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore free lunches!

Jun 24, 2014

Thanks for the feedback and advice for more free lunches. I will pass it along to Senior Management and gauge their "appetite."

Exciting to be on the team of one of the top ten start-up companies in big data

Head of Human Resources (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros* DataSift has been named as one of the top ten start-up companies in big data.

* Datasift is igniting the next generation of social insight and changing the way enterprises, companies and teams turn social data into strategic advantage.

* Great Leadership: smart, experienced and transparent

* Great people working with amazing technology!

Cons* Expect your basic start-up chaos.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Super workplace, great colleagues and unique business culture...

Technical Product Manager (Current Employee) Reading, England (UK)

ProsWork challenges, fun & games, (very) talented people. Unique culture that makes you feel part of something bigger than just 'work'.

ConsPerks could be better. Company has start-up mentality, but is probably a bit beyond that stage why you would expect a set of core benefits that currently aren't there, i.e. pension contribution, health insurance (UK only) etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementSafeguard the DataSift culture - we are in for a ride, but core values are important and must be protected.

Jun 24, 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. DataSift is in the process of improving the UK benefits scheme. So be on the lookout for information on pension contributions, PMI and Season Ticket Loan programs ... More

Great place to work; full of innovation in a fast growing market and a great culture too.

Technical Product Manager (Current Employee) Reading, England (UK)

ProsFast growing company in a fast growing market
    Innovative approach to market problems
    Highly skilled and high calibre employees
    Great culture and office facilities
    Free food
    Lean development process increasing speed to market
    Opportunity to travel to US offices

ConsChallenges of communication with US offices
    No Pension

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose the great culture you have created as the company grows

Smart people, high performing company

ProsWorking with smart people on great technology.
    Lunch is provided.
    Employees are well supported with regards training and conferences.

ConsStartup chaos
    Formulating processes and procedures
    Communication can be poor
    No pension or health care

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication between the UK and US offices to prevent cultural divide
    Need to look at benefits package

May 18, 2014

Thank you for the feedback. I think most employees would agree that one of the greatest positive aspects of DataSift is the smart people and great technology.

I'm glad this employee took the time
    ... More

Poor Leadership, Poor Management & investment required!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Reading, England (UK)

ProsYou do get some cool gadgets when you start there but only if you are developer. No one else matters to the company or it's management team. You can tweet and use facebook at work but be warned they change the rules from underneath you.

If you like working in a silo this is a great place to work!

ConsThe company is disorganized, has no direction, mangement is virtually zero and their focus is on technical masterpieces and not on making money. There is no strategy being lead from the senior management team and the company desperately needs VC funding.

The product is not unique and as a result there are competitors in the US that are more forward thinking with a better leadership team so they need to look after their staff and provide the benefits and services that you would expect form a company of this size looking to make waves.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider getting a CMO in very soon, look at why staff are leaving in droves at the moment and why you are strugglign to recruit people. A companies reputation is one of it's most important assets so consider what you say before tweeting!

The company needs to find it's unique value proposition and pitch itself in it's niche against it's competitors in a sensible and informed manner. Salaries need to be competitive within the market and pensions should be offered (they aren't currently and they should be). Bonuses and targets would help as would valuing all employees no matter what department they work in.

And above all take the ego out of the office and make it a friendly and exciting place to work.

May 18, 2014

I cannot argue whether or not this was valid feedback in 2011 since it was before I joined DataSift, but a lot has changed since the!. DataSift is well funded; having received a $15MM series B round ... More

Worked for DataSift? Contribute to the Community!