DataSphere Technologies

DataSphere Technologies Reviews in Bellevue, WA

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Satbir Khanuja

45 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This IS a great place to learn!

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsI enjoy my job and I have learned how to sell (no real experience in selling to businesses before here). Just got a promotion to senior AE AND salary increase!!

Love my team & co-workers.... although some people don't seem to understand that sales= cold calls & hitting targets. It is a sales job so there are moments when it's stressful and I have to hit sales targets. I expect that OR I wouldn't be in sales (I would go do something more cushy). The good ones work hard and make money-- while others just complain. It's probably because lots of people aren't great hires.

I have learned a lot from my sales manager and he even helps me close deals at times. While I don't plan to stay forever, I will learn all I can & use my experience to get a great position outside of DataSphere.

Lots of people get promoted into management or other jobs- if they want it.

ConsThere are a lot of people hired here that just aren't cut out to be in sales. It wastes the managers' time and energy. By hiring more talented people with better work habits, managers could be spend on the employees that can sell.

Benefits aren't great!

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your hiring managers to spot talent better. It would reduce the turnover and probably some complaining too.

Love it!!!

Bellevue, WA

ProsGreat work life balance, awesome training program,uncapped commission, positive and fun work environment,holidays off, really nice co workers

ConsReally the only thing I can think of is during training they teach you a specific way of doing things and then you go out on the floor and you hear people who are really successful making sales doing the opposite of what they taught you in training. Slightly inconsistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good vibes and positve attitudes.

ugh

Bellevue, WA

Prosno additional take home work

Cons-high turn over, management only likes you when/if youre selling
    -didnt feel respected or valued
    -culture and work environment nonexistent.....virtually no off-sites or added perks to working here (every party we had was IN the office...cheap-o's)
    -the product is seriously lacking

Advice to Senior Managementdo something about the turn over rate....make people actually like working there and not just bare it because they are desperate for a job

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do not work for this company

Ad Creation Manager (Former Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsMy co-workers are great! I don't think I would survive this place without them. We are all in the same boat with how much we dislike this place.

ConsWhere do I begin. The management is terrible and I would take the high scores on this site with a grain of salt. It is all about who the favorites are of upper management. How the raises work do not make any sense. If you are the number one performer for several quarters and make less than someone who has been with the company for one quarter, please tell me how that makes any sense??? I would not recommend this company to anyone. The turn over rate is really high and it is obvious they don't care about employees that bring value to their business.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider teaching the department heads leadership skills

great job to start a career in sales

Bellevue, WA

Prosuncapped commission. friendly environment full of great people to work with.

Consstale markets. management feels that hiring a massive amount of unqualified people is a good idea. they run through markets and bleed potentially great leads dry. as of 5/14 management has been telling sales floor one thing and going in a completely different direction. plenty of opportunity to move laterally in the company but rarely move up

Advice to Senior Managementqualify the people you hire. the sales managers are overwhelmed with so many new people that they lack the ability to help everyone who needs it including the vets who are the engines.

ON MY WAY OUT!

Bellevue, WA

ProsThe hours are 7am -4pm or 6am -3pm get up early do your job and go home. The team is environment is the best. The sales is easy and not very stressful if you are experienced but if you are not you will struggle. When you make commission at least in my product I sold it was the best. If you manages to stay six months and have high talk time and hit quota another company will head hunt you right out of there with better pay and benefits.

ConsInconsistent policies making Senior AE is a joke. They keep changing the qualifications so lesser people make it. The pay is the lowest in the media & advertising industry and no one stays. There is an inexperienced operations person and most people in the position never worked the position in other companies to give a good outlook. The benefits are the worst and the company meetings are useless.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistency, quality and experience in everything you do will make a huge difference in your culture and longevity. Wonder why you have not been on best places to work? Walk around the sales floor and ask!

Great start but quickly got worse

Bellevue, WA

ProsAwesome employees, no dress code, "come as you are" attitude (as long as you can sell)

ConsHigh pressure, selling products that do not work or look like crap, which will result in you ending up with guilt and lowering your productivity

Advice to Senior ManagementLess micro managing. Get to know your sales people and their strength and weakness and work with each person individually.

Love my job

ProsWork-life balance
    Great coworkers
    Plenty of paid time off
    High Commission potential

ConsVery low base salary
    Communication disconnect between departments, sales/ad creation department. I've lost a few sales due to their focus on how quickly they can finish a customers order instead of taking the time to work with the customer to make it right the first time.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe base pay is the lowest in the industry. It would be awesome if it was raised after your 1 year anniversary.

Terrible Management, Poor Pay, Stay Away!

Bellevue, WA

Pros-Young staff (20's-30's) which makes for a more fun, youthful environment
    -Great music playing, keeps you motivated in a mundane, repetitive job
    -Cool, relaxed environment

ConsThere are quite a few of them.....where to begin?
    -Managers are not managers...they are salespeople who were promoted based on having high sales. Just because you can sell a product well doesn't mean you can effectively manage people.
    -There is a LOT of different radios and music playing and cheering can get incessant. It was fun at first, but it gets extremely obnoxious when you're trying to focus on a call.
    -Hung up on CONSTANTLY...lowers morale very quickly.
    -Expected to put in at least 100 calls a day, or 6 hours of "talk time"
    -The product is really crappy...it's advertising on the customers' local news station's website...down the page quite a bit, rotating with quite a few other businesses
    -Pay is VERY low...they tell you it's a salaried position, but it's not. You get paid about $14/hour after taxes, which in Seattle's cost of living is more like $9/hour. Most of my coworkers, even in their thirties, are living with roommates because they cannot afford to live based on the lack of salary.
    -You only receive commission if you hit your quota. You can be $1 away and not get a commission check!

My personal story: I quit Datasphere because my husband was transferred jobs across the country. I was never paid my commission check (of about $1200) because I moved before working there 90 days. Supposedly it was spelled out in my employee handbook, but I could never see where it stated that. I would have hired a lawyer, but $1200 isn't worth it after considering legal fees! Very unfair...especially since it wasn't my decision to quit; my husband was getting transferred! There was really no choice on my part. I would have quit eventually though!) Also, my manager cussed at me and made me feel threatened quite often. The only time anything was ever done about it was when I went to HR. Even then it always felt awkward. I was glad to get out of there!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're going to promote successful salespeople as managers, make sure that you train them on how to be effective managers. Just because you can sell doesn't mean you can manage others and train them well.

Young adult babysitting

Inside Sales (Former Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsEasy product to sell since management pushes for misrepresentation. Decent for a first job.

ConsHorrible product that doesn't work for any clients. Poor customer retention. Totally unprofessional work environment. Extremely low base salary with decent commission structure as comparable to the salary. Micro managing to the point where it's almost like a young adult daycare. Clueless upper management on tech side.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the "targeting" on your product and deliver something close to what your sales force pushes. It's a good idea with no follow through.

Worked for DataSphere Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

DataSphere Technologies – Why Work for Us?

About Us DataSphere is one of the fastest-growing hyperlocal marketing companies in the US. We help local businesses across the country raise their visibility, convert more customers, and gain a competitive edge… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DataSphere Technologies reviews and ratings in Bellevue, WA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DataSphere Technologies CEO Satbir Khanuja . All 45 reviews posted anonymously by DataSphere Technologies employees.