DataSphere Technologies

Updated February 23, 2015
Updated February 23, 2015
2.9

Satbir Khanuja

Pros
  • Work life balance is AMAZING-- which I love (in 8 reviews)

• Great way to make money and the work environment makes you want to succeed (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Felt more like a pet project to fill the pockets of upper management than an actual business (in 6 reviews)

• don't expect anything but base salary (which isnt huge (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

48 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Great company with a good product to sell

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great environment that I enjoy working in. My team is fun and supportive. The product really works for small businesses that have a good business but just need affordable ad options.

The benefits have changed this year and they are really decent now. I am impressed.

The work life balance is great too. I never work late or on the weekends which is a great change of pace for me. 4 weeks of PTO and we get the holidays off.

Cons

Sales in general can be a grind so there is no differences here.

Some of the changes that happen don't get communicated until really late. It can be hard to keep up.

I would like more ongoing sales training... sometimes you just need a refresher, if you are having a rough go.

Consider investing in training more for experienced sales but everything else is good. Keep it up!

overall the experience at Datasphere on a scale of 1-10 was a 3

I worked at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

People there had a positive attitude

Cons

Dead end job base salary was low and entry level for someone with my experience.

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

DataSphere has a great culture with great people. An exceptional entry level B2B job opportunity, with substantial growth opportunities. You can make money if you out in the work.

Cons

The Account Executive role is 100% cold calling, so it is the "grind" you often here about when you think "marketing calls" however it will allow for great work/life balance.

Better growth system, with measurables for annual review.

First sales job

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good but not great sales training, ok product to sell over the phone

Cons

Had to start super early.

I was there during the good times

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you like a loose environment, this is the place for you!

Cons

Loud, no real development, lax management

Better benefits and structure to retain/recruit top talent in the area.

Aug 28, 2014HR team

We appreciate your feedback. It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy the high energy environment we offer. We are striking a balance between a casual and fun environment while remaining ... More

Not a good place for growth

Former Employee - Non-sales in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Non-sales in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People are great and fun atmosphere

Cons

Not a place for much growth. Employees treated like kids.

Treat the employees with more respect.

The one reason I gave it 2 stars was because I loved the environment and coworkers.

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The overall environment is super fun and everyone that works there is awesome. There are always bells ringing and people chanting when others get sales. That is really the main pro working there- all the amazing friends I made..and the fact its M-F and I was off work everyday at 3pm.

Cons

First things first is the job itself really is a grind. You are making between 60-100 calls daily and trying to get business owners on the phone without getting hung up on. You are required to make minimum 60 dials and have 2 hours of talk time. After so long the job is mentally draining. Its fun at first because they brainwash you into thinking the product is great and you are going to make thousands upon thousands a month when in reality thats not the case at all. The product itself is crap (which is an online banner ad on news stations websites) the product doesnt work, half the time customers cant see their ad, and are given a crappy low quality video the can be made on Powerpoint. Making your monthly goal was a challenge in itself because once people would realize the product didnt work they would cancel. If a client you had cancels within 6 months they take it out of your paycheck, so even if you have an amazing month and you have a lot of people cancel from prior months your paycheck is going to be crap. The place is run solely on politics. If they dont like you, or if you dont sell a ton then basically going to work is dreadful. Thankfully I didnt have that problem but for the people that werent and didnt sell they dont treat you well. Everything around there is constantly changing from the verticals we can sell, to the commission structure, to the senior ae guidelines..once people actually start making money and finding something that sells well or start hitting their goals the next month they change it and make it higher so more people wont get paid. Ive seen people get up and walk out because they would find a way to take away their commission check. If you made your goal by 1 deal and 2 weeks into the next month that person cancels or card gets declined they will take away your whole commission check from the month prior ( you only get a commission check if you hit 100% of your goal) Ive seen people up and walk out because it happened to them, and it happened on a monthly basis. The turn over rate there is ridiculous. At the end of every month there are handfuls of people that leave, and people that just stop showing up. After being there about 6 months you are already a veteran because most people dont make it to a year mark. Wonder why....

Get your act together and stop changing the rules and compensation every month. You supposedly "give us everything to succeed" but yet work against us. Apparently the company isnt doing well if you are unable to afford paying people their commission. Also it would help having a product that actually was beneficial and worked. I feel bad for all the times I actually made people spend their money on such a crappy product.

Aug 29, 2014HR team

We appreciate your feedback. It is unfortunate you didn't see value in our product. One of our core values is to obsess about delivering value to customers. We constantly look at how to add more ... More

Love it!!!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, awesome training program,uncapped commission, positive and fun work environment,holidays off, really nice co workers

Cons

Really the only thing I can think of is during training they teach you a specific way of doing things and then you go out on the floor and you hear people who are really successful making sales doing the opposite of what they taught you in training. Slightly inconsistent.

Keep up the good vibes and positve attitudes.

great job to start a career in sales

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

uncapped commission. friendly environment full of great people to work with.

Cons

stale markets. management feels that hiring a massive amount of unqualified people is a good idea. they run through markets and bleed potentially great leads dry. as of 5/14 management has been telling sales floor one thing and going in a completely different direction. plenty of opportunity to move laterally in the company but rarely move up

qualify the people you hire. the sales managers are overwhelmed with so many new people that they lack the ability to help everyone who needs it including the vets who are the engines.

Do not work for this company

Former Employee - Ad Creation Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Ad Creation Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My co-workers are great! I don't think I would survive this place without them. We are all in the same boat with how much we dislike this place.

Cons

Where do I begin. The management is terrible and I would take the high scores on this site with a grain of salt. It is all about who the favorites are of upper management. How the raises work do not make any sense. If you are the number one performer for several quarters and make less than someone who has been with the company for one quarter, please tell me how that makes any sense??? I would not recommend this company to anyone. The turn over rate is really high and it is obvious they don't care about employees that bring value to their business.

Consider teaching the department heads leadership skills

Jul 14, 2014HR

Thank you for the feedback. We’re disappointed to hear that your experience was not positive. We pride ourselves on rewarding employees with merit and bonuses based on individual performance. We ... More

DataSphere Technologies Photos