DataSphere Technologies

datasphere.com

DataSphere Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Satbir Khanuja

Pros
  • Great training program, excellent work life balance, encouraging team work environment, etc(in 7 reviews)

• Great way to make money and the work environment makes you want to succeed(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • don't expect anything but base salary (which isnt huge(in 6 reviews)

• Felt more like a pet project to fill the pockets of upper management than an actual business(in 6 reviews)

No money here....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsGreat people, relaxed atmosphere, ping pong tables, kegs of beer, poker for prizes, etc

ConsBase salary is low and the average cost of an ad to place is very low and the commission is not great so you make no money here. Required to make 40 calls a day. Extremely high turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest some time doing this job yourself so you see what your employees are going through and realize that you need to be able to provide results and pay your people more.

Account Executive

Account Executive (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsFun work environment, relaxed, decent commission structure

ConsHorrible product, managers do nothing whatsoever

Advice to Senior ManagementMake managers more than just dj's. All they do is read online artlicles and change the music genre once in awhile.. oh and they yell out names of people who make sales that day and give pep talks. They are worthless but it's not their fault.

Datasphere Experience

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsGreat training program, excellent work life balance, encouraging team work environment, etc.

ConsNo real cons to speak of. Great Company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be nice to maybe have some ongoing career development and training as you progress in your time at the company. Overall great place to learn sales and start your career! Also would be good to have more clearly defined career paths that you can head into after learning the fundamentals of sales and exceeding objectives.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executive

Account Executive (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsEveryone was helpful, managers were open to working with you, and the office environment stays casual which keeps everyone pretty loose. Potential for a lot of commission to be made.

ConsBasically one job duty... calling random companies. No working with clients once deals are closed. Minimal information and metrics/data about the product that you are selling, mostly because its not very good. Basically forced to sell a product while having to be quite vague. Sales staff and trainers often give contradicting advice.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork closely with employees to find something that works for them and try to limit contradicting advice.

Love this place!!

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsThis was my first sales job and I loved every minute of it. It was great to leave the long, weekend hours of my old job and join DataSphere. Working Monday-Friday from 7-4 was great.

The commissions structure is solid and rewarding. The sales are made in one month & immediately paid the next month by mid-month. It's very easy to earn good money much faster than other companies. Also, the majority of people hit goal & earn good commissions checks. As top sales person, I earned extra bonuses. Also, if you get a cancellation, you get to keep 40% of your commissions.

Markets and types of Customers aren't limited for you by management. It's great to find your own niche.

Lots of opportunities to advance your career. 100% of the sales managers have been promoted from the sales roles at datasphere. People also leave sales and going into other departments too.

Free company lunches, contests, tickets to Seahawks games, iPads, and more. President club was fun & in Vegas!!

ConsThe base salary is low... Very low. You definitely need to earn commission to survive. It also never goes up. No raises ever!!

Some managers aren't doing their job.... Not helping their new employees learn to sell. Manager roles seem pretty slack here.

Turnover feels high.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider giving raises or promotions with a sales role. Keep your hardworkers longer.

You can do better.

(Former Employee)

ProsIt's a job. Co-workers were nice. Can do well in sales...

ConsSad attempts to prove respect for employees when there actually was none. Many a corner cut. A major focus on metrics and micromanagement. Felt more like a pet project to fill the pockets of upper management than an actual business. Priorities were clearly centered around sales (which had quite the churn rate by the way) so there's a lot of fast talking and over celebrating going on. Take any five star rating on this site with a big grain of salt.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the job market wasn't so terrible, Datasphere would not survive. Show some real appreciation for the people that make your company successful. By that I don't mean more referral programs for free Kindle Fires and similar "Incentive" programs, they just come off as desperate. I will give you some credit: It's a smart move hiring people just out of school or without degrees, considering it's likely that they haven't worked at a decent company yet and don't know any better.

Cold Call

Account Executive (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsRelaxed work environment. Freedom to do what you think is best to get the job done. Co-workers are looking out for each other and provide insight on how to sell better.

ConsNo training for management to help account executives. Only a few great managers. Can feel a little a little micromanaged. Some systems in place are not used fairly.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be an anonymous reviews for managers so they can be more effective leaders instead of saying the same things over and over again

Typical Inside Sales

Account Executive (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsManagement makes the day fun with games and activities.
    Commission plan is solid.
    Clear cut goals.

ConsHigh pressure.
    Hit goals or get fired.
    Not enough coaching offered by leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain one on one coaching sessions and help execs relate to customers better

Forward Thinking Company - Always Training, Changing, and Challenging norms

Account Executive (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsManagement is focused and driven to help you succeed and the environment is relaxed to inspire creative activity. The energy is high and the senior account executives are some of the smartest, driven people I have ever met.

ConsThe Marketing is okay, and it is developing. I think they understand that the product is a little weak.The only value you really have to sell with is the partnership with the News Stations. "Calling on behalf of King5" opens a lot of doors. That's it though. If you found a business owner that was egotistical enough to overlook the flatness of the product and the weak ROI - winner winner chicken dinner.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelopment Team - Create more depth in this product. Your structure and leadership is right. I think the next step would be to start specializing to more industries than just Real Estate. If you did that more, you would have more of the success you see in LandWatch. This is too great of a company to dissolve due to failing appeal.

Sales Managers: Keep rocking it! You are all my Heroes.

HORROR

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsDecent co workers, good location.

ConsEntire company is an illusion designed to line the pockets of the few.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit.

Worked for DataSphere Technologies? Contribute to the Community!