DataSphere Technologies Reviews

Updated March 17, 2015
95 reviews filtered by
2.9
Satbir Khanuja

Pros
  • Work life balance is AMAZING-- which I love (in 8 reviews)

• Great way to make money and the work environment makes you want to succeed (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Felt more like a pet project to fill the pockets of upper management than an actual business (in 6 reviews)

• don't expect anything but base salary (which isnt huge (in 5 reviews)

Amazing place to work, but you have to work!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

It's relaxed, tons of incentives, company events, catered lunches, and the opportunity to make bank. You're in control of your own income, so you're not relying on anyone else to pull your weight.

Cons

It's a grind. You have to find your own leads and you're cold calling, so you invest time looking for leads that haven't been called a ton of times, and then you still have to call and convince the potential client to listen to what your offering and buy. It's an awesome product, super affordable, but yelp reviews kill us. The only part that doesn't seem fair is you have a deadline to hit goal, but if they cancel shortly into the next month, you don't have a chance to make up the sale and save yourself from last month. It's a numbers game. You have to expect chargebacks. The clients sign a "contract" for the year, but for some reason are often allowed to cancel which will have a major impact on commission. We spend so much time finding leads, making dials, and struggling to get our message out that when you finally get a sale it's like a high, but the process to get there is strenuous, and when clients cancel it's a really tough blow. You have to be really mentally strong and able to deal with stress and pressure, not in the overall environment, but on a personal level.

Don't let clients back out of the contracts they sign! I know we get negative reviews, but a contract is a contract and we work so hard to get those sales. It's not really fair to encourage urgency and remind us that these are impulse buys if you're going to let the customer back out of their impulsive decision. Also, if chargebacks stop us from making commission, I think those sales should still count toward the rolling average needed to become a Senior Account Executive. We put in the work and got the sales, if we're not going to get paid on it, at lease give the credit that we were able to achieve over 100% of goal and let that count toward the raise. After all, charge-backs take away from our commissions which result in us being hard-off financially, that extra $415 a month would make the world of a difference.

Great environment to start a career in sales

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome environment. Great buzz in the office made it a fun place to be everyday. Ability to write your own 100k+ paycheck with the uncapped commission plan. VERY sellable product. Continuously saw company leaders improve processes, value in the product and investment in its employees. Great opportunity for someone with little to no sales experience come in and grow their skill set. Or for someone with good experience to come in and make great money right away. I started as an AE, was promoted 4x total during my tenure and was able to parlay that into my next career step at another company. Management promotions come from within. Great work-life balance - team events, parties, etc... Great training program and training managers in place.

Cons

If your goal is to stay as an individual contributor in sales, there isn't much upward mobility, other than to continuously increase your production/paycheck. While the commission plan is very lucrative, the base is so low that it can turn away solid incoming candidates from even applying. Poor incoming talent = higher attrition.

Continue to prioritize fixing online reviews. Be flexible if it's needed to keep good leaders in place. Saw too many great people at different levels of management leave while I was there. Increase transparency from all levels of leadership.

DataSphere Technologies Response

Mar 10, 2015HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the company culture, the opportunities to progress and the overall positive experience you had with ... More

Enjoy the job and the environment

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is a real opportunity for comfortable income (GREAT commission structure). If you are able to absorb the process and talk to business owners and executives it is as good as it gets for entry-level sales. The company is growing rapidly and there is definite opportunity for advancement and growth.

Cons

There are unmotivated people who can affect the environment with negativity and complaining, the positive in this fact is that they do not last. This is a job for motivated, positive and fun people, all others weed themselves out.

Keep the lines of communication open. Keep doing what you are doing to continue to move the company in the right direction.

Account executive; Seo; multi media sales; quota; goals; branded recognition; accounts

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hours are great; constantly learning; competition

Cons

No room to grow; repetitive

No room for advancement

Good place with great people

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I recently hit my one year with Datasphere & got another week of PTO.
    I enjoy my team & co-workers. Not all of the managers are great but mine is amazing.
    The environment is fun & we are happy for each other when we make sales.
    There were big changes to our benefits that really helped.
    Lots of opportunities to become a manager, if you want.

Cons

Not a lot that comes to mind. Maybe some better marketing materials to help w/selling to customers.

Keep doing what your doing. This place is great!

Could use a better Training Program

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

AWESOME enviornment, great people, young vibrant community

Cons

throw you out to the water and then its sink or swim. if you need help you better ask for it

more training

Terrible Product

Former Employee - Ad Creation Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Ad Creation Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

the work hours 7-4, but that's about it

Cons

The product being sold is awful, and the people who say it's good have zero idea about SEO, and actual real products. You constantly have to lie to customers telling them they will get ROI which they never do. It's a money well. The benefits were awful, and the pay below par for industry standard. Managers in the creative department incompetent. Tearted like a child. People there who tlak about SEO haven't worked for real companies and they will make you believe the lies they spit.

Just quit.

9. overall the experience at Datasphere on a scale of 1-10 was a 3

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

People there had a positive attitude

Cons

Dead end job base salary was low and entry level for someone with my experience.

Great company with a good product to sell

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great environment that I enjoy working in. My team is fun and supportive. The product really works for small businesses that have a good business but just need affordable ad options.

The benefits have changed this year and they are really decent now. I am impressed.

The work life balance is great too. I never work late or on the weekends which is a great change of pace for me. 4 weeks of PTO and we get the holidays off.

Cons

Sales in general can be a grind so there is no differences here.

Some of the changes that happen don't get communicated until really late. It can be hard to keep up.

I would like more ongoing sales training... sometimes you just need a refresher, if you are having a rough go.

Consider investing in training more for experienced sales but everything else is good. Keep it up!

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

DataSphere has a great culture with great people. An exceptional entry level B2B job opportunity, with substantial growth opportunities. You can make money if you out in the work.

Cons

The Account Executive role is 100% cold calling, so it is the "grind" you often here about when you think "marketing calls" however it will allow for great work/life balance.

Better growth system, with measurables for annual review.

DataSphere Technologies Photos