DataSphere Technologies

Updated August 17, 2014
Updated August 17, 2014

2.9

Satbir Khanuja

Pros
  • Great training program, excellent work life balance, encouraging team work environment, etc (in 7 reviews)

• Great way to make money and the work environment makes you want to succeed (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • don't expect anything but base salary (which isnt huge (in 6 reviews)

• Felt more like a pet project to fill the pockets of upper management than an actual business (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

It's not perfect but it's a good place to work.

Pros

It's pretty easy to get hired because of growth and turnover. It's a particularly good job for those just out of college who need to get some solid work experience. The atmosphere is upbeat, the goals are reasonable and the CEO is very innovative in small business marketing.

Cons

The senior sales management rarely interacts with the sales team(s). They seem to have a lot of closed door meetings with sales managers but they rarely use their status to just hang around the floor and offer encouragement and advice. The benefits are not that great.

Have senior managers (sales VP's) be less aloof and more helpful with the sales teams.

Entry Level Company

Pros

Decent place to start to build your resume. Usually hires people straight out of school.

Cons

Limited upward mobility and low pay leads to most people moving on within two years. Get your experience and use it to move on. Almost all company focus is on the sales floor, support roles receive far less attention and recognition.

Aug 4, 2014HR

We appreciate your feedback. Every department is an important piece of the business and we are sorry to hear you felt your department did not receive enough attention and recognition. Even though you ... More

Love my job!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Job is tough but rewarding on the commissions side. Also- we can earn extra bonuses, prizes & President's Club trips. Cool in my book.

Great place to get solid sales experience. Loving selling the new mobile stuff.

Culture is great & we have a lot of fun.

I know lots of companies say that you can build your career there but it's really true here. All of the sales managers were once reps. Where does that happen?!

The leaders in Tempe really care about doing the right thing for their employees.

Cons

Some of my co-workers are sleazy, shady sales types.
    It's sales so it can be tough at time.
    Benefits aren't great.

Consider improving your benefits a bit.
    Stop hiring some of those shady sales types or get them out of here.
    Keep having the parties and free lunches.

Aug 15, 2014HR

Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear about the things you like about the company. We are especially excited that you love selling mobile. We want to make sure that all concerns are being ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun atmosphere

Former Employee - Sales Executive  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Fun, laid back, casual dress code.

Cons

Very low base, too loud of music at times and too many charge backs.

When I was there it seemed liked those who were dishonest made the most money. Not good for morale on the floor.

College Frat Party

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

Pros

You can make money if your willing to sell a product with no value to small business owners.

Cons

I felt the environment lacked any professionalism. Mostly college kids who don't care if the product they are selling has any value at all. I just felt like the place was a giant scam.

Grow up.

Aug 21, 2014HR

We appreciate your feedback. It is unfortunate you did not enjoy the environment or see value in the product. We want to provide a casual and fun environment but still exhibit professional behavior ... More

Great environment

Pros

Loved everything about it. Great way to make money and the work environment makes you want to succeed

Cons

There should be more room for growth and it should be given to people who have shown they can succeed i the company

None! Best managers I have ever had

Jul 2, 2014HR

Thank you for your positive review! Please feel free to discuss opportunities for growth and development with your manager. If you ever have any other concerns feel free to talk to HR.

Not a good place for growth

Former Employee - Non-sales  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Non-sales in Bellevue, WA

Pros

People are great and fun atmosphere

Cons

Not a place for much growth. Employees treated like kids.

Treat the employees with more respect.

The one reason I gave it 2 stars was because I loved the environment and coworkers.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

Pros

The overall environment is super fun and everyone that works there is awesome. There are always bells ringing and people chanting when others get sales. That is really the main pro working there- all the amazing friends I made..and the fact its M-F and I was off work everyday at 3pm.

Cons

First things first is the job itself really is a grind. You are making between 60-100 calls daily and trying to get business owners on the phone without getting hung up on. You are required to make minimum 60 dials and have 2 hours of talk time. After so long the job is mentally draining. Its fun at first because they brainwash you into thinking the product is great and you are going to make thousands upon thousands a month when in reality thats not the case at all. The product itself is crap (which is an online banner ad on news stations websites) the product doesnt work, half the time customers cant see their ad, and are given a crappy low quality video the can be made on Powerpoint. Making your monthly goal was a challenge in itself because once people would realize the product didnt work they would cancel. If a client you had cancels within 6 months they take it out of your paycheck, so even if you have an amazing month and you have a lot of people cancel from prior months your paycheck is going to be crap. The place is run solely on politics. If they dont like you, or if you dont sell a ton then basically going to work is dreadful. Thankfully I didnt have that problem but for the people that werent and didnt sell they dont treat you well. Everything around there is constantly changing from the verticals we can sell, to the commission structure, to the senior ae guidelines..once people actually start making money and finding something that sells well or start hitting their goals the next month they change it and make it higher so more people wont get paid. Ive seen people get up and walk out because they would find a way to take away their commission check. If you made your goal by 1 deal and 2 weeks into the next month that person cancels or card gets declined they will take away your whole commission check from the month prior ( you only get a commission check if you hit 100% of your goal) Ive seen people up and walk out because it happened to them, and it happened on a monthly basis. The turn over rate there is ridiculous. At the end of every month there are handfuls of people that leave, and people that just stop showing up. After being there about 6 months you are already a veteran because most people dont make it to a year mark. Wonder why....

Get your act together and stop changing the rules and compensation every month. You supposedly "give us everything to succeed" but yet work against us. Apparently the company isnt doing well if you are unable to afford paying people their commission. Also it would help having a product that actually was beneficial and worked. I feel bad for all the times I actually made people spend their money on such a crappy product.

This IS a great place to learn!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

Pros

I enjoy my job and I have learned how to sell (no real experience in selling to businesses before here). Just got a promotion to senior AE AND salary increase!!

Love my team & co-workers.... although some people don't seem to understand that sales= cold calls & hitting targets. It is a sales job so there are moments when it's stressful and I have to hit sales targets. I expect that OR I wouldn't be in sales (I would go do something more cushy). The good ones work hard and make money-- while others just complain. It's probably because lots of people aren't great hires.

I have learned a lot from my sales manager and he even helps me close deals at times. While I don't plan to stay forever, I will learn all I can & use my experience to get a great position outside of DataSphere.

Lots of people get promoted into management or other jobs- if they want it.

Cons

There are a lot of people hired here that just aren't cut out to be in sales. It wastes the managers' time and energy. By hiring more talented people with better work habits, managers could be spend on the employees that can sell.

Benefits aren't great!

Train your hiring managers to spot talent better. It would reduce the turnover and probably some complaining too.

Love it!!!

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Great work life balance, awesome training program,uncapped commission, positive and fun work environment,holidays off, really nice co workers

Cons

Really the only thing I can think of is during training they teach you a specific way of doing things and then you go out on the floor and you hear people who are really successful making sales doing the opposite of what they taught you in training. Slightly inconsistent.

Keep up the good vibes and positve attitudes.

Worked for DataSphere Technologies? Contribute to the Community!