DataSphere Technologies Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Satbir Khanuja

Pros
  • Work life balance is AMAZING-- which I love (in 8 reviews)

• Great way to make money and the work environment makes you want to succeed (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Clueless upper management on tech side (in 6 reviews)

• Base salary is low and the average cost of an ad to place is very low and the commission is not great so you make no money here (in 5 reviews)

Account Executive

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't say enough about how much I loved working for this company! I worked there for 2 years in the Tempe location and it provided so well for my family and I they will probably never know. But if anyone were to ask me about this place I would recommend them in a heart beat.

Cons

I mean I really can't think of anything to say in this section.

Advice to Management

Try to coach a little more is all.

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to make a lot of money & fantastic people to work alongside

Cons

Not thorough enough training/product knowledge and managers are not compensated properly

DataSphere Review

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

Good training program; room to grow within the company; motivating management team.

Cons

Lots of cold-calling (as you would imagine with this type of sales company.); Not a whole lot of energy on the sales floor so it's hard to stay excited; extremely "scripted" sales pitch. Also, it's hourly pay, NOT a salary!!! You clock in and clock out every day!

Advice to Management

TAKE DOWN THE CUBICLES!!!!!! The energy in the room is way too low and just makes you want to fall asleep, not make dials. The "metrics" are a good way to measure effort, but I think it'd be more effective to measure the amount of time on the phone, not the amount of dials.

Zero integrity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed dress code. Can come and go as you please, basically.

Cons

The company has no morale integrity. Most staff are highly disgruntled and the morale is extremely low. Management turns a blind eye. Most are there to earn some money, while searching for other opportunities. Sales lies about the product just to hook people. Its a bait and switch. Customers are scammed. The Yelp reviews are all true. Run and don't look back.

Advice to Management

Rehire all fresh management and have some professional integrity. Provide a REAL product. Landwatch is only decent product you provide. Model after that.

Eh...It was alright

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

Lots of turnover, so you can move up quickly. Management keeps things light, quarterly employee parties, free lunch once a month.

Cons

Terrible infrastructure. Management only cares about the sales team, and could care less about the lies the sales people tell that the rest of the company then has to deal with angry customers that scream and yell about getting scammed. If you like getting yelled at, then sure, work here. This company does not value the customer experience.

Advice to Management

Pay the sales people less commission, pay the customer service team a commission to keep the customers from cancelling after they figure out the lies they were told to sign up. Realize that it takes more than sales to build a company.

Aug 12, 2015 – HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As it may have been a while since you have been an employee, you should know that we have made many changes to our customer operations team to ensure ... More

account executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

commission is a plus if you work hard, it's a great job to learn mobile marketing

Cons

not very professional atmosphere- high ratio of male:female, feels like a frat at times

Advice to Management

Try to hire people who are actually qualified for the job

Don't even bother

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere was coo. Everyone is chill an laid back. Perfect size for a call center. Schedule was coo too.

Cons

The product didn't work and they expect you to sell as many businesses as you can. Even the managers knew the product did't work. Management was bad too. They lied all the time us an never tried to help. They only want whats best for them not the employee.

Advice to Management

This place was bad to work at.

Senior Account Executive

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mostly fun atmosphere. Was pretty good compensation... Was.

Cons

Product doesn't work, period. Compensation is good, then you get cancellations, then compensation sucks because you're chasing all your "outs". They tolerate mis-representation on the sales floor. They take entry level employees and try to teach them BS script sales. No actual consultative sales process. These kids think they are learning sales - they're learning lies. This is a branding product, not a product that gets clients from one end of the funnel to the other. Unless a company has an advertising budget for branding (like TV Ads and billboards) this is a waste of time.

Advice to Management

Throw in the towel. Your sales base will erode to nothing. Your throwing good money after bad, trying to float a product that isn't designed for the right target market. Buyer beware, don't buy their products or work here.

Aug 12, 2015 – HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We are sorry that you did not have a good experience here at DataSphere. Although you feel that the product doesn't work, we have over ... More

Work Status

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Super laid back People are friendly and motivating Hours are awesome First 3 months is 100% of what ever you make

Cons

There really is nothing negative to say about this place.

Advice to Management

None

Jul 8, 2015 – HR team

Thanks for taking the time to provide input. We appreciate your insights & comments.

Company Review

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn Sales and the sales process and gain experience. You don't have to take your work home with you, very social and friendly fun filled atmosphere. Fun place to work.

Cons

Compensation could be better. In Sales, pretty low starting base salaries. Commission is "ok" but could be better. Great place for entry level to gain experience and fun culture but not a good place for growth or moving up and learning more. Needs more ongoing training.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your employees to reduce churn. Raise base salaries of sales reps at least $10K/year more to a more industry average level, and provide more opportunities for growth by providing more ongoing management/leadership training, etc. Also to reduce turnover invest more in your product to make sure it's something stellar to sell to SMB's.

RSS Feed </> Embed