DataSphere Technologies

DataSphere Technologies Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
Updated September 15, 2014

Satbir Khanuja

Pros
  • Great training program, excellent work life balance, encouraging team work environment, etc (in 7 reviews)

• Great way to make money and the work environment makes you want to succeed (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • don't expect anything but base salary (which isnt huge (in 6 reviews)

• Felt more like a pet project to fill the pockets of upper management than an actual business (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company and great experience

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Work life balance is great. Sounds like our PTO balances just increased too.:)
    -I enjoy the relaxed environment where people actually like each other and work well together.
    -The executive team is very approachable and involved with all employees. It's not some set of figureheads off in a corner somewhere. They get involved.
    -Development opportunities exist -- if you are interested. You can take on new projects or assignments that increase your skills.

Cons

Company moves really fast and sometimes our interdepartment communication can be impacted negatively. One department will find out too late when changes happen & we might have had valuable input. I do think that happens in most startup environment though.

Keep doing what we are doing. Keep the level of politics low and the productivity high. Great company to work for.

Try to take the pressure of High Pressure Sales

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Team environment. Everyone works together and plays together. Help is offered when needed, from everyone. Beer-Thirty, friendly competition, they feed you all the time. Regular company wide events, such as trivia, golfing. Managers don't micromanage. Site manager is always available too, and has done the lowest part of the job so he knows what it's like.

Cons

Cold Calling Sales, need to do your own lead generation using what ever websites on Google or Google itself. Can run into issues with companies being called by other reps, some are very "picked over" and is difficult to find ones that haven't been called 10+ times in the last year or the "HOLY GRAIL" of companies that has never been called.

Learned a lot and enjoyed my time

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

This was my first "real" job in sales. I learned a TON-- in a very short amount of time. I learned how to sell and have confidence in my abilities to make sales.

I made great money and really enjoyed the environment. I think the product is great and does help our customers brand their business.

I really liked that I could call any business and in any city.... not limited to dentists, real estate or doctors or something.

Cons

Some of software used to process orders and look for prospects aren't great.
    The commission program stung when you missed hitting target & you got zero commissions -- even if you were a dollar short.

invest in the software. It's super hard to have your systems go down when you are trying to close a computer

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people and good company.

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have enjoyed my time here. During the past 2 years, I have had the opportunity to do a number of new things & stay challenged the entire time.

No shortage on creative ideas. The company is always thinking of way to improve ourselves. I like that things are never stale.

It's a high energy & down to earth environment.

Great work life balance. I have maybe worked more than 40 hours per week once or twice in 3 years.

Cons

Inexperienced managers in a number of positions. I am all for promoting from within but some of the managers don't behave or operate like role models.

At times, there are too many changes happening and at times- not thought through. It causes a number of problems on the ground.

Not always comfortable with the sales efforts. If I read the reviews from customers, I feel like we don't hold people accountable enough for honesty.

Get rid of sales people and sales leadership that aren't following the rules.

Review benefits offerings. While the PTO is competitive, the medical benefits are not.

Sep 4, 2014HR

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear you have had the opportunity to develop during your time at DataSphere. We are also glad that you appreciate the work life balance that we offer ... More

Love my job!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Job is tough but rewarding on the commissions side. Also- we can earn extra bonuses, prizes & President's Club trips. Cool in my book.

Great place to get solid sales experience. Loving selling the new mobile stuff.

Culture is great & we have a lot of fun.

I know lots of companies say that you can build your career there but it's really true here. All of the sales managers were once reps. Where does that happen?!

The leaders in Tempe really care about doing the right thing for their employees.

Cons

Some of my co-workers are sleazy, shady sales types.
    It's sales so it can be tough at time.
    Benefits aren't great.

Consider improving your benefits a bit.
    Stop hiring some of those shady sales types or get them out of here.
    Keep having the parties and free lunches.

Aug 15, 2014HR

Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear about the things you like about the company. We are especially excited that you love selling mobile. We want to make sure that all concerns are being ... More

It's not perfect but it's a good place to work.

I worked at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

It's pretty easy to get hired because of growth and turnover. It's a particularly good job for those just out of college who need to get some solid work experience. The atmosphere is upbeat, the goals are reasonable and the CEO is very innovative in small business marketing.

Cons

The senior sales management rarely interacts with the sales team(s). They seem to have a lot of closed door meetings with sales managers but they rarely use their status to just hang around the floor and offer encouragement and advice. The benefits are not that great.

Have senior managers (sales VP's) be less aloof and more helpful with the sales teams.

I was there during the good times

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you like a loose environment, this is the place for you!

Cons

Loud, no real development, lax management

Better benefits and structure to retain/recruit top talent in the area.

Aug 28, 2014HR team

We appreciate your feedback. It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy the high energy environment we offer. We are striking a balance between a casual and fun environment while remaining ... More

Fun atmosphere

Former Employee - Sales Executive  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Tempe, AZ

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun, laid back, casual dress code.

Cons

Very low base, too loud of music at times and too many charge backs.

When I was there it seemed liked those who were dishonest made the most money. Not good for morale on the floor.

Money is good, job not so much

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

The money. People are also nice here.

Cons

Completely directionless and out of touch. Shady business practices.

Aug 29, 2014HR team

Thank you for your review and we value your input. Since you are a current employee with us, we would love the opportunity to speak with you directly to understand your comments better. At ... More

College Frat Party

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can make money if your willing to sell a product with no value to small business owners.

Cons

I felt the environment lacked any professionalism. Mostly college kids who don't care if the product they are selling has any value at all. I just felt like the place was a giant scam.

Grow up.

Aug 21, 2014Sr. Director of HR

We appreciate your feedback. It is unfortunate you did not enjoy the environment or see value in the product. We want to provide a casual and fun environment but still exhibit professional behavior ... More

Worked for DataSphere Technologies? Contribute to the Community!