DataSphere Technologies Reviews

Updated April 9, 2015
101 reviews filtered by
2.8
Satbir Khanuja

Pros
  • Work life balance is AMAZING-- which I love (in 8 reviews)

• Great way to make money and the work environment makes you want to succeed (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Felt more like a pet project to fill the pockets of upper management than an actual business (in 6 reviews)

• don't expect anything but base salary (which isnt huge (in 5 reviews)

1. Good environment, not a long term, okay training ground

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

Chance to make easy comission

Cons

Little compensation. High turnover. No room for growth.

Advice to Management

Actual salaries, no clocking in. Higher wages. More opportunity to grow.

2. SR Account Rep

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fantastic Training. Great income potential

Cons

High intensity. No time to waste here.

Advice to Management

Recognize the need to transition from end of month push to new month restart

3. Senior Strategic Sales

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great People to work with

Cons

too much revolving door in sales

Advice to Management

Ongoing Training with Sales Reps

Sales Rep

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

Great culture, staff was friendly, people were willing to help each other, overall not a bad place to work if you are into sales.

Cons

Strictly cold calling phone sales, searching for prospective lead clients on craigslist and google. Management doesn't do much to help you move forward.

Advice to Management

I would focus more on the career development aspect of the job instead of just making sure that all employees make the correct amount of phone calls each day.

Amazing place to work, but you have to work!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

It's relaxed, tons of incentives, company events, catered lunches, and the opportunity to make bank. You're in control of your own income, so you're not relying on anyone else to pull your weight.

Cons

It's a grind. You have to find your own leads and you're cold calling, so you invest time looking for leads that haven't been called a ton of times, and then you still have to call and convince the potential client to listen to what your offering and buy. It's an awesome product, super affordable, but yelp reviews kill us. The only part that doesn't seem fair is you have a deadline to hit goal, but if they cancel shortly into the next month, you don't have a chance to make up the sale and save yourself from last month. It's a numbers game. You have to expect chargebacks. The clients sign a "contract" for the year, but for some reason are often allowed to cancel which will have a major impact on commission. We spend so much time finding leads, making dials, and struggling to get our message out that when you finally get a sale it's like a high, but the process to get there is strenuous, and when clients cancel it's a really tough blow. You have to be really mentally strong and able to deal with stress and pressure, not in the overall environment, but on a personal level.

Advice to Management

Don't let clients back out of the contracts they sign! I know we get negative reviews, but a contract is a contract and we work so hard to get those sales. It's not really fair to encourage urgency and remind us that these are impulse buys if you're going to let the customer back out of their impulsive decision. Also, if chargebacks stop us from making commission, I think those sales should still count toward the rolling average needed to become a Senior Account Executive. We put in the work and got the sales, if we're not going to get paid on it, at lease give the credit that we were able to achieve over 100% of goal and let that count toward the raise. After all, charge-backs take away from our commissions which result in us being hard-off financially, that extra $415 a month would make the world of a difference.

Great environment to start a career in sales

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome environment. Great buzz in the office made it a fun place to be everyday. Ability to write your own 100k+ paycheck with the uncapped commission plan. VERY sellable product. Continuously saw company leaders improve processes, value in the product and investment in its employees. Great opportunity for someone with little to no sales experience come in and grow their skill set. Or for someone with good experience to come in and make great money right away. I started as an AE, was promoted 4x total during my tenure and was able to parlay that into my next career step at another company. Management promotions come from within. Great work-life balance - team events, parties, etc... Great training program and training managers in place.

Cons

If your goal is to stay as an individual contributor in sales, there isn't much upward mobility, other than to continuously increase your production/paycheck. While the commission plan is very lucrative, the base is so low that it can turn away solid incoming candidates from even applying. Poor incoming talent = higher attrition.

Advice to Management

Continue to prioritize fixing online reviews. Be flexible if it's needed to keep good leaders in place. Saw too many great people at different levels of management leave while I was there. Increase transparency from all levels of leadership.

DataSphere Technologies Response

Mar 10, 2015HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the company culture, the opportunities to progress and the overall positive experience you had with ... More

Enjoy the job and the environment

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is a real opportunity for comfortable income (GREAT commission structure). If you are able to absorb the process and talk to business owners and executives it is as good as it gets for entry-level sales. The company is growing rapidly and there is definite opportunity for advancement and growth.

Cons

There are unmotivated people who can affect the environment with negativity and complaining, the positive in this fact is that they do not last. This is a job for motivated, positive and fun people, all others weed themselves out.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open. Keep doing what you are doing to continue to move the company in the right direction.

Good place with great people

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I recently hit my one year with Datasphere & got another week of PTO.
    I enjoy my team & co-workers. Not all of the managers are great but mine is amazing.
    The environment is fun & we are happy for each other when we make sales.
    There were big changes to our benefits that really helped.
    Lots of opportunities to become a manager, if you want.

Cons

Not a lot that comes to mind. Maybe some better marketing materials to help w/selling to customers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. This place is great!

Account executive; Seo; multi media sales; quota; goals; branded recognition; accounts

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hours are great; constantly learning; competition

Cons

No room to grow; repetitive

Advice to Management

No room for advancement

Classless place with NO leadership.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You can say you are employed, you have free parking. Some of the people are talented, but they are not supported by management.

Cons

Immature work environment. Sales are a "hustle". No effort to improve systems for sales reps. No leadership at all. This place is a zoo. Avoid at all costs. Unless you are tacky and pushy. Run by a bunch of guys that have an ego problem. No one there is anyone you'd ever choose as a mentor or anyone to follow.

Advice to Management

Let your entire sales management team go and start over.

DataSphere Technologies Photos