DataSphere Technologies

Updated March 5, 2015
Updated March 5, 2015
2.8

Satbir Khanuja

Pros
  • Work life balance is AMAZING-- which I love (in 8 reviews)

• Great way to make money and the work environment makes you want to succeed (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Felt more like a pet project to fill the pockets of upper management than an actual business (in 6 reviews)

• don't expect anything but base salary (which isnt huge (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great environment to start a career in sales

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome environment. Great buzz in the office made it a fun place to be everyday. Ability to write your own 100k+ paycheck with the uncapped commission plan. VERY sellable product. Continuously saw company leaders improve processes, value in the product and investment in its employees. Great opportunity for someone with little to no sales experience come in and grow their skill set. Or for someone with good experience to come in and make great money right away. I started as an AE, was promoted 4x total during my tenure and was able to parlay that into my next career step at another company. Management promotions come from within. Great work-life balance - team events, parties, etc... Great training program and training managers in place.

Cons

If your goal is to stay as an individual contributor in sales, there isn't much upward mobility, other than to continuously increase your production/paycheck. While the commission plan is very lucrative, the base is so low that it can turn away solid incoming candidates from even applying. Poor incoming talent = higher attrition.

Continue to prioritize fixing online reviews. Be flexible if it's needed to keep good leaders in place. Saw too many great people at different levels of management leave while I was there. Increase transparency from all levels of leadership.

Good place with great people

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I recently hit my one year with Datasphere & got another week of PTO.
    I enjoy my team & co-workers. Not all of the managers are great but mine is amazing.
    The environment is fun & we are happy for each other when we make sales.
    There were big changes to our benefits that really helped.
    Lots of opportunities to become a manager, if you want.

Cons

Not a lot that comes to mind. Maybe some better marketing materials to help w/selling to customers.

Keep doing what your doing. This place is great!

Great company with a good product to sell

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great environment that I enjoy working in. My team is fun and supportive. The product really works for small businesses that have a good business but just need affordable ad options.

The benefits have changed this year and they are really decent now. I am impressed.

The work life balance is great too. I never work late or on the weekends which is a great change of pace for me. 4 weeks of PTO and we get the holidays off.

Cons

Sales in general can be a grind so there is no differences here.

Some of the changes that happen don't get communicated until really late. It can be hard to keep up.

I would like more ongoing sales training... sometimes you just need a refresher, if you are having a rough go.

Consider investing in training more for experienced sales but everything else is good. Keep it up!

Love it!!!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, awesome training program,uncapped commission, positive and fun work environment,holidays off, really nice co workers

Cons

Really the only thing I can think of is during training they teach you a specific way of doing things and then you go out on the floor and you hear people who are really successful making sales doing the opposite of what they taught you in training. Slightly inconsistent.

Keep up the good vibes and positve attitudes.

Great Opportunity for those who want it...and WORK for it.

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Rapidly changing. Always growing. Young and flexible. Filled with go getters.

Cons

Lots of people make snap judgements. This is an inside sales 100% based on cold calling. You dont make dials = you dont make money. Lots of people are quick to point the finger and hesitate when it comes time to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Invest a bit more in training. Maybe a bit more in the salary area to attract better talent.

Great job!!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The environment is one that you can make a lot of money- if you want to work. I work very hard everyday & earned my spots on new market launches. I am read a few complaints on this site about how only a few people get all the launches but those are probably from people who didn't sell or didn't work hard. It is sales and you have to have goals to work towards.

My managers have supported me and leave me alone to do my job.

Lots of people get promoted into management....it's an option to grow other positions too

My schedule is 7:00-4:00 Monday- Friday. It's awesome to have my evenings and weekends for myself.

Benefits are ok. 401k match is really good

Lots of free lunches, contests, etc

Good commission plan and easy targets to hit

Cons

Workplace is a little too relax & distracting at times. Fellow employees that don't work hard can be a distraction and noisy.

Training doesn't seem to be there after your first week.

Make people do their jobs or get rid of them. Lots of dead weight in sales.

Loved it

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere, culture, speed of sales.

Cons

No felxability in quota and the management skills are not taught until some people are affected.

Better turn around rate on getting the correct skills to te new-hire managers.

Anonymous

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

Voted best places to worked. Great culture, people & products. Always looking to improve customer's value and experience. Unlimited commission for sales and a base salary. Stop looking if you are looking for a great sales position. Quarterly parties or events and monthly company provided lunches.

Cons

Compensation needs to be more competitive. More transparency needed

Allow more input from different levels and departments. Consult with managers and supporting departments before finalizing and rolling out changes for best overall results

If you like sales and believe in advertising, this is your job

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

the compensation plan is awesome. If you like sales and believe in advertising, then this is hands down the job for you. especially if you like your personal life as well.

Cons

if you don't believe in advertising or like cold calling. this is not the job for you. nobody really likes cold calling but this job makes it very easy because the product truly is awesome. So i guess the only con is if you don't believe in advertising then don't take the job.

spend a little more time with the new reps to make sure they truly understand the product as well as the value of it. i understand now but it took me a bit. I would have sold more faster if I believed in the product right off the bat.

Best Place I've worked for so Far

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

Engineering group is extremely bright and fun to work with. Everyone is very friendly and non-judgmental. Maybe it's too small for politics but there is virtually no office politics and everyone just wants to get stuff out the door and make money!

People do tend do stay late but it's not expected. Depending on ship cycle, everyone will stay behind including upper management. Execs roll up their sleeves and get into the details when needed. Things move fast here which is why it's so exciting to do work and see your ideas make immediate impact.
    There is a reason why less than 4 people have left (not counting sales arm) in the history of the company.

Cons

-Salary needs to be more competitive if you want to attract talent from MS, Amazon,Google, etc.
    -Benefits are not good but this is supposed to be getting better
    -On boarding materials need work, especially during hyper growth.

Growth is good but at some point, increase in Salary would help sustain talent and help to spread the word on why someone should leave their jobs to join DS.

DataSphere Technologies Photos