DataSphere Technologies

Updated August 17, 2014
Updated August 17, 2014

2.9

Satbir Khanuja

Pros
  • Great training program, excellent work life balance, encouraging team work environment, etc (in 7 reviews)

• Great way to make money and the work environment makes you want to succeed (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • don't expect anything but base salary (which isnt huge (in 6 reviews)

• Felt more like a pet project to fill the pockets of upper management than an actual business (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Love my job!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Job is tough but rewarding on the commissions side. Also- we can earn extra bonuses, prizes & President's Club trips. Cool in my book.

Great place to get solid sales experience. Loving selling the new mobile stuff.

Culture is great & we have a lot of fun.

I know lots of companies say that you can build your career there but it's really true here. All of the sales managers were once reps. Where does that happen?!

The leaders in Tempe really care about doing the right thing for their employees.

Cons

Some of my co-workers are sleazy, shady sales types.
    It's sales so it can be tough at time.
    Benefits aren't great.

Consider improving your benefits a bit.
    Stop hiring some of those shady sales types or get them out of here.
    Keep having the parties and free lunches.

DataSphere Technologies Response

Aug 15, 2014HR

Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear about the things you like about the company. We are especially excited that you love selling mobile. We want to make sure that all concerns are being ... More

This IS a great place to learn!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

Pros

I enjoy my job and I have learned how to sell (no real experience in selling to businesses before here). Just got a promotion to senior AE AND salary increase!!

Love my team & co-workers.... although some people don't seem to understand that sales= cold calls & hitting targets. It is a sales job so there are moments when it's stressful and I have to hit sales targets. I expect that OR I wouldn't be in sales (I would go do something more cushy). The good ones work hard and make money-- while others just complain. It's probably because lots of people aren't great hires.

I have learned a lot from my sales manager and he even helps me close deals at times. While I don't plan to stay forever, I will learn all I can & use my experience to get a great position outside of DataSphere.

Lots of people get promoted into management or other jobs- if they want it.

Cons

There are a lot of people hired here that just aren't cut out to be in sales. It wastes the managers' time and energy. By hiring more talented people with better work habits, managers could be spend on the employees that can sell.

Benefits aren't great!

Train your hiring managers to spot talent better. It would reduce the turnover and probably some complaining too.

Love it!!!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Great work life balance, awesome training program,uncapped commission, positive and fun work environment,holidays off, really nice co workers

Cons

Really the only thing I can think of is during training they teach you a specific way of doing things and then you go out on the floor and you hear people who are really successful making sales doing the opposite of what they taught you in training. Slightly inconsistent.

Keep up the good vibes and positve attitudes.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Opportunity for those who want it...and WORK for it.

Pros

Rapidly changing. Always growing. Young and flexible. Filled with go getters.

Cons

Lots of people make snap judgements. This is an inside sales 100% based on cold calling. You dont make dials = you dont make money. Lots of people are quick to point the finger and hesitate when it comes time to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Invest a bit more in training. Maybe a bit more in the salary area to attract better talent.

Enjoy my time have and I learned a lot in the process

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

Pros

I enjoy my job and I have learned how to sell (no real experience in selling to business before here). It is a sales job so there are moments when it's stressful and I have to hit sales targets. I expect that OR I wouldn't be in sales (I would go do something more cushy).

I have learned a lot from my sales manager in the last 5 months and he even helps me close deals at times.

Company lunch meetings once a month with lots of free food. Haven't been to a party yet but I hear they are pretty fun too.

I have won an iPad, tickets, etc. It's nice to have rewards for hard work.

Lots of people get promoted into management or other jobs- if they want it.

New commissions plan works to make $$$

Cons

There are a lot of people hired here that just aren't cut out to be in sales. It wastes the managers time and energy- time they could be spend on the employees that can sell.

Great job!!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

Pros

The environment is one that you can make a lot of money- if you want to work. I work very hard everyday & earned my spots on new market launches. I am read a few complaints on this site about how only a few people get all the launches but those are probably from people who didn't sell or didn't work hard. It is sales and you have to have goals to work towards.

My managers have supported me and leave me alone to do my job.

Lots of people get promoted into management....it's an option to grow other positions too

My schedule is 7:00-4:00 Monday- Friday. It's awesome to have my evenings and weekends for myself.

Benefits are ok. 401k match is really good

Lots of free lunches, contests, etc

Good commission plan and easy targets to hit

Cons

Workplace is a little too relax & distracting at times. Fellow employees that don't work hard can be a distraction and noisy.

Training doesn't seem to be there after your first week.

Make people do their jobs or get rid of them. Lots of dead weight in sales.

Loved it

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Atmosphere, culture, speed of sales.

Cons

No felxability in quota and the management skills are not taught until some people are affected.

Better turn around rate on getting the correct skills to te new-hire managers.

Anonymous

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Voted best places to worked. Great culture, people & products. Always looking to improve customer's value and experience. Unlimited commission for sales and a base salary. Stop looking if you are looking for a great sales position. Quarterly parties or events and monthly company provided lunches.

Cons

Compensation needs to be more competitive. More transparency needed

Allow more input from different levels and departments. Consult with managers and supporting departments before finalizing and rolling out changes for best overall results

If you like sales and believe in advertising, this is your job

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

Pros

the compensation plan is awesome. If you like sales and believe in advertising, then this is hands down the job for you. especially if you like your personal life as well.

Cons

if you don't believe in advertising or like cold calling. this is not the job for you. nobody really likes cold calling but this job makes it very easy because the product truly is awesome. So i guess the only con is if you don't believe in advertising then don't take the job.

spend a little more time with the new reps to make sure they truly understand the product as well as the value of it. i understand now but it took me a bit. I would have sold more faster if I believed in the product right off the bat.

Great company to work for & great place to grow

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Culture is great & you can really transfer/ get promoted internally. I know lots of companies say that you can build your career there but it's really true at Datasphere. There are people promoted to sales manager or other non-sales positions often.

The company really cares about doing the right thing & taking care of their employees!!

Job is tough but rewarding.

Cons

At times, I question the hiring practices. There have been some bad hires in the sales team. Most get termed quickly but maybe if they slowed down a bit- they would make better choices. It appears that this Is changing though & we are hiring better sales types that are less sleazy.

Worked for DataSphere Technologies? Contribute to the Community!