DataSphere Technologies Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Satbir Khanuja

Pros
  • Work life balance is AMAZING-- which I love (in 8 reviews)

• Great way to make money and the work environment makes you want to succeed (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Clueless upper management on tech side (in 6 reviews)

• Base salary is low and the average cost of an ad to place is very low and the commission is not great so you make no money here (in 5 reviews)

What an Awesome place to work!

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

- Very seasoned and knowledgeable Senior Leadership - Overall very high IQ among employees - Energetic and youthful culture - Company moves fast, grows fast and makes intelligent decisions fast - I love coming to work! - There is plenty of opportunity for quick promotion - Living and breathing modern startup turned medium sized company…you can feel it being alive in the air – People want to be here!

Cons

- It’s grown pretty quickly, on the job training could be better - Benefits need improvement (my understanding they are working on this) - Internal resources need some improving (pretty typical for a startup type company)

Advice to Management

Leadership has been great, but as the companies grows and steers towards profitability I would like to see an increase employee salary. Other than that, keep doing what you are doing.

If you like sales and believe in advertising, this is your job

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

the compensation plan is awesome. If you like sales and believe in advertising, then this is hands down the job for you. especially if you like your personal life as well.

Cons

if you don't believe in advertising or like cold calling. this is not the job for you. nobody really likes cold calling but this job makes it very easy because the product truly is awesome. So i guess the only con is if you don't believe in advertising then don't take the job.

Advice to Management

spend a little more time with the new reps to make sure they truly understand the product as well as the value of it. i understand now but it took me a bit. I would have sold more faster if I believed in the product right off the bat.

Anonymous

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

Voted best places to worked. Great culture, people & products. Always looking to improve customer's value and experience. Unlimited commission for sales and a base salary. Stop looking if you are looking for a great sales position. Quarterly parties or events and monthly company provided lunches.

Cons

Compensation needs to be more competitive. More transparency needed

Advice to Management

Allow more input from different levels and departments. Consult with managers and supporting departments before finalizing and rolling out changes for best overall results

Loved it

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere, culture, speed of sales.

Cons

No felxability in quota and the management skills are not taught until some people are affected.

Advice to Management

Better turn around rate on getting the correct skills to te new-hire managers.

Great job!!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is one that you can make a lot of money- if you want to work. I work very hard everyday & earned my spots on new market launches. I am read a few complaints on this site about how only a few people get all the launches but those are probably from people who didn't sell or didn't work hard. It is sales and you have to have goals to work towards. My managers have supported me and leave me alone to do my job. Lots of people get promoted into management....it's an option to grow other positions too My schedule is 7:00-4:00 Monday- Friday. It's awesome to have my evenings and weekends for myself. Benefits are ok. 401k match is really good Lots of free lunches, contests, etc Good commission plan and easy targets to hit

Cons

Workplace is a little too relax & distracting at times. Fellow employees that don't work hard can be a distraction and noisy. Training doesn't seem to be there after your first week.

Advice to Management

Make people do their jobs or get rid of them. Lots of dead weight in sales.

Great Opportunity for those who want it...and WORK for it.

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rapidly changing. Always growing. Young and flexible. Filled with go getters.

Cons

Lots of people make snap judgements. This is an inside sales 100% based on cold calling. You dont make dials = you dont make money. Lots of people are quick to point the finger and hesitate when it comes time to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Advice to Management

Invest a bit more in training. Maybe a bit more in the salary area to attract better talent.

Love it!!!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, awesome training program,uncapped commission, positive and fun work environment,holidays off, really nice co workers

Cons

Really the only thing I can think of is during training they teach you a specific way of doing things and then you go out on the floor and you hear people who are really successful making sales doing the opposite of what they taught you in training. Slightly inconsistent.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good vibes and positve attitudes.

Great company with a good product to sell

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment that I enjoy working in. My team is fun and supportive. The product really works for small businesses that have a good business but just need affordable ad options. The benefits have changed this year and they are really decent now. I am impressed. The work life balance is great too. I never work late or on the weekends which is a great change of pace for me. 4 weeks of PTO and we get the holidays off.

Cons

Sales in general can be a grind so there is no differences here. Some of the changes that happen don't get communicated until really late. It can be hard to keep up. I would like more ongoing sales training... sometimes you just need a refresher, if you are having a rough go.

Advice to Management

Consider investing in training more for experienced sales but everything else is good. Keep it up!

Good place with great people

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I recently hit my one year with Datasphere & got another week of PTO. I enjoy my team & co-workers. Not all of the managers are great but mine is amazing. The environment is fun & we are happy for each other when we make sales. There were big changes to our benefits that really helped. Lots of opportunities to become a manager, if you want.

Cons

Not a lot that comes to mind. Maybe some better marketing materials to help w/selling to customers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. This place is great!

DataSphere Technologies Response

Jun 15, 2015 – HR team

Thank you for your input. We're happy to hear that you have seen value in the changes to the 2015 benefits. Enjoy your extra week of paid time off to celebrate your first anniversary with us.

Great environment to start a career in sales

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome environment. Great buzz in the office made it a fun place to be everyday. Ability to write your own 100k+ paycheck with the uncapped commission plan. VERY sellable product. Continuously saw company leaders improve processes, value in the product and investment in its employees. Great opportunity for someone with little to no sales experience come in and grow their skill set. Or for someone with good experience to come in and make great money right away. I started as an AE, was promoted 4x total during my tenure and was able to parlay that into my next career step at another company. Management promotions come from within. Great work-life balance - team events, parties, etc... Great training program and training managers in place.

Cons

If your goal is to stay as an individual contributor in sales, there isn't much upward mobility, other than to continuously increase your production/paycheck. While the commission plan is very lucrative, the base is so low that it can turn away solid incoming candidates from even applying. Poor incoming talent = higher attrition.

Advice to Management

Continue to prioritize fixing online reviews. Be flexible if it's needed to keep good leaders in place. Saw too many great people at different levels of management leave while I was there. Increase transparency from all levels of leadership.

DataSphere Technologies Response

Mar 10, 2015 – HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the company culture, the opportunities to progress and the overall positive experience you had with ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed