DataSphere Technologies

Updated February 23, 2015
Updated February 23, 2015
2.7

Satbir Khanuja

Pros
  • Work life balance is AMAZING-- which I love (in 8 reviews)

• Great way to make money and the work environment makes you want to succeed (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Felt more like a pet project to fill the pockets of upper management than an actual business (in 6 reviews)

• don't expect anything but base salary (which isnt huge (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

overall the experience at Datasphere on a scale of 1-10 was a 3

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

People there had a positive attitude

Cons

Dead end job base salary was low and entry level for someone with my experience.

Could use a better Training Program

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

AWESOME enviornment, great people, young vibrant community

Cons

throw you out to the water and then its sink or swim. if you need help you better ask for it

more training

Unless you're a felon, run for your life!

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Most of the things that are cons to me could potentially be pros to others. It is a very laid back work environment, but to the point that the norm is unprofessionalism.

Cons

This is not a place you want on your resume. It is the most unprofessional work environment I have ever seen. First off, there is absolutely zero background check. Literally, they'll hire anyone. You can wear whatever you want to work (not a good thing in this case), sexual harassment is tolerated like it's normal and very widespread, alcohol is allowed in the building, and the use of e-cigarettes is allowed at your desk. If this appeals to you, then great you'll love it. If not, RUN!!!

Start doing background checks. Make it a safer place for women to work. I cannot believe the things male employees get away with saying to their female coworkers. Provide the managers with adequate HR training. It's like they're completely naive, mainly because they've been promoted from within and have no management experience. Ban the use of e-cigarettes inside the building (they're not safe for those of us who don't want toxins in our air). Have basic dress code guidelines. I don't want to feel like I'm working at Hooters.

Feb 10, 2015HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We would like to address the issues you have listed. None of the concerns you have stated above are acceptable and we do not tolerate any of ... More

Great company with a good product to sell

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great environment that I enjoy working in. My team is fun and supportive. The product really works for small businesses that have a good business but just need affordable ad options.

The benefits have changed this year and they are really decent now. I am impressed.

The work life balance is great too. I never work late or on the weekends which is a great change of pace for me. 4 weeks of PTO and we get the holidays off.

Cons

Sales in general can be a grind so there is no differences here.

Some of the changes that happen don't get communicated until really late. It can be hard to keep up.

I would like more ongoing sales training... sometimes you just need a refresher, if you are having a rough go.

Consider investing in training more for experienced sales but everything else is good. Keep it up!

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

DataSphere has a great culture with great people. An exceptional entry level B2B job opportunity, with substantial growth opportunities. You can make money if you out in the work.

Cons

The Account Executive role is 100% cold calling, so it is the "grind" you often here about when you think "marketing calls" however it will allow for great work/life balance.

Better growth system, with measurables for annual review.

LIARS

I worked at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

There are no good reasons to work your tail off cold calling for upper management who takes all the cake.

Cons

Challenges, my gosh I can write a private novel on their lies, favoritism and fraud.

Stop cheating your agents ..

Good Place

I worked at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

Great work life balance, great people

Cons

Its a grind but people are there to help you and support you

Keep doing what you are doing, I know its hard to keep people. Its a cold calling job, its tough.

Feb 18, 2015HR team

Thank you for your feedback.

Company is growing, client relationships still lacking.

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

The office is a fun place to be and you will like to come to work. You have to be a self starter, and you have to know how to ask for help when you need it. On that note, you also need to know who to ask for help. (everybody here thinks they know everything) There are fun staff events, holidays, and activities. The pay is good.

Cons

Many clients become confused about what they have actually purchased because practically all of the technical details are retained from the client during the sales process in order to speed things up.

Sales reps are taught to dial as hard and fast as possible, not to stop and think about who they are selling to and if it is a good fit.

Sales calls are never recorded, evidence of what is said during the sale can never be verified and causes repeated complaints from clients.

Customer satisfation is still frustratingly bad. Although it's "better" than in the past, there are still constant and continual customer service issues and complaints revolving around customer expectations set in place by the sales rep that signed them up for the service. Rather than mitigating gracefully, many of these complaints and conflicts are dealt with by insensitive, shortsighted and frankly unethical means... Many clients feel mislead ("robbed" oftentimes) after having their problem "resolved" by customer success (buyout of the contract is usually insisted as the only option).

Look at Yelp, BBB, and other platforms online for feedback from clients. Facebook comments for DataSphere have been disabled for obvious reasons. The company is focusing on on-boarding the clients as quickly as possible to fulfill the agreement and activity guarantees, but not enough time or care is spent qualifying customers and ensuring that they are aware of what the product actually provides and that this is truly a benefit to their business.

Slow down, lower the number of expected dials, and teach your reps to make logical calls to logical prospects.

Create a more nurturing, custom on-boarding process that allows for dialogue with the customer and an Ad Manager about their business goals and what they hope to achieve from our service.

Allow cancellations to be mitigated gracefully and painlessly for a customer!!!! (E.G. If a customer has fulfilled at least three months of service and the costs of production have been satisfied, allow them to cancel with no buyout and do what makes them happy rather than angering them and fueling their BBB/Yelp complaints)

Dec 9, 2014HR

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your input as we are always looking at ways we can improve.

We have made a number of exciting changes to our customer
    ... More

First sales job

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good but not great sales training, ok product to sell over the phone

Cons

Had to start super early.

Don't accept this job if you have other options.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is a casual dress code, rewards sometimes given based on performance, and no cap on commission. Hours are 7-4 so you don't have to worry about being pressured into working overtime. This is an average sales job, so take it for what it is.

Cons

Very high turnover rate. I don't recognize most of the people working here because they are all newer than me, and not many last longer than a few months. If you don't show potential in the first few weeks, management seems to ignore you until you quit. You don't get paid commission unless you hit your monthly goal, and even then you have to hope that clients don't cancel their accounts - if they do, you don't get paid, even if you hit your goal. There is not much room for growth, just an opportunity to become "senior" based on performance, where you get 5k extra annually and a bigger chair. Lastly, many clients will call you personally to complain that the product you sold them doesn't work, and they will even call you out by name on bad Yelp reviews about the company. I am not sure if the product works or not, but based on what my clients say about the process, it is very difficult morally for me to sell this product. The joke on the sales floor is that it's a scam, and the reviews on Yelp would back that up.

Work on retention: retention of clients, and retention of employees. Employees are basically told in training by the site director that this is a temporary job.

Oct 17, 2014HR team

As a commissioned sales person, you must understand that
    ... More