DataSphere Technologies

Updated November 23, 2014
Updated November 23, 2014
2.8

Satbir Khanuja

Pros
  • Work life balance is AMAZING-- which I love (in 8 reviews)

• Great way to make money and the work environment makes you want to succeed (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Felt more like a pet project to fill the pockets of upper management than an actual business (in 6 reviews)

• don't expect anything but base salary (which isnt huge (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

ugh

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

no additional take home work

Cons

-high turn over, management only likes you when/if youre selling
    -didnt feel respected or valued
    -culture and work environment nonexistent.....virtually no off-sites or added perks to working here (every party we had was IN the office...cheap-o's)
    -the product is seriously lacking

do something about the turn over rate....make people actually like working there and not just bare it because they are desperate for a job

Boiler Room with prizes

Current Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun environment. Fast paced and there are always sales dropping. Should meet some good people. The management from Washington had bright and intelligent sales minds. Easy one call sales so a shorter sales process. Good if you are in between jobs. Easy ramp up period for new hires.

Cons

Hired unqualified leadership. Those who didn't perform were ignored. You could go a day without a sale and you were looked down upon. Pay is low compared to the Washington location. Be ready for tons of change constantly. Very entry level sales. Tons of pressure that mounts up quickly. Do not call sales are abundant. Lots of cancels ...

Don't allow your potential stars to roam unattended. They will find work elsewhere.

DataSphere Technologies Response

Jul 2, 2014HR

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud to offer a base salary plus an uncapped commission plan that rewards our Account Executives who meet or exceed their monthly sales quota. The majority of ... More

Great start but quickly got worse

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome employees, no dress code, "come as you are" attitude (as long as you can sell)

Cons

High pressure, selling products that do not work or look like crap, which will result in you ending up with guilt and lowering your productivity

Less micro managing. Get to know your sales people and their strength and weakness and work with each person individually.

Run...don't walk away from this company!!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Casual dress code
    -Young and fun environment
    -Uncapped commission
    -Paid time off & Paid holidays
    -Lots of freedom as long as you're selling
    -You can receive a $2 base pay increase as long as you are 140% to goal in 5 consecutive months.

Cons

-Low pay ($12/hr with no overtime)
    -One-time pay out of commission. No Residual
    -Product DOES NOT work
    -Sales associates have to (not want to) lie in order to sell the product bc it is so bad
    -Customers cancel within the first 90 days of a 12 month contract bc the product does not work
    -Local news stations are trying to cancel their agreements with Datasphere bc it is untrustworthy
    -No repeat customers (need I say why?)
    -Sales associates call customers "dumb" for signing up.
    -High turnover. 2-10 people leave every month.
    -Management is a joke. Most have drug problems and turn a blind eye to sales associates lying to get deals bc their commission checks depend on our sales.
    -HR doesn't exist here
    -Benefits are expensive and a joke
    -The company finds a way to avoid paying out commissions.
    -20-30% of sales associates actually make goal
    -The company does not care about their employees, only lining their pockets.
    -No growth opportunities

Your business model is so poor, you'd be better off firing everyone and starting from scratch or closing your doors entirely.

ON MY WAY OUT!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The hours are 7am -4pm or 6am -3pm get up early do your job and go home. The team is environment is the best. The sales is easy and not very stressful if you are experienced but if you are not you will struggle. When you make commission at least in my product I sold it was the best. If you manages to stay six months and have high talk time and hit quota another company will head hunt you right out of there with better pay and benefits.

Cons

Inconsistent policies making Senior AE is a joke. They keep changing the qualifications so lesser people make it. The pay is the lowest in the media & advertising industry and no one stays. There is an inexperienced operations person and most people in the position never worked the position in other companies to give a good outlook. The benefits are the worst and the company meetings are useless.

Consistency, quality and experience in everything you do will make a huge difference in your culture and longevity. Wonder why you have not been on best places to work? Walk around the sales floor and ask!

Terrible product that is being sold to people who don't know nay better, and managers who are incompetent.

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Well the job is easy so i can't complain, a monkey could do this.

Cons

Where does one start? (This is within a non-sales department)

- Anyone who is manager or a lead, has been solely promoted because they've been here long enough or sucked up. The people who are in these positions have ZERO people management skills, and most of the time don't know what they're doing (successful way to build a company)
    - the pay is a JOKE. any other real company pays at least $10,000 or more for the same position
    - again the team leads or managers like to re-assign work to other people because they themselves do not want to deal with clients
    - there is absolutely zero professional growth here, you will not learn much after a month or so
    - The benefits are a joke, you're better off not having insurance because it's basically catastrophic insurance
    -The turnover is so horrible, every month there's a contest with an incentive if you refer people who get hired, pathetic. maybe invest that money into your people's salaries so you won't have this high of a turnover.
    - The products are sold to people who don't know any better, it's a crappy product and everyone knows it.

Stop promoting people just because they've been here long enough. The people who are managing have zero skills. maybe do some market research while you're at it too- the salaries are a joke, and you all know this.

Love my job

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work-life balance
    Great coworkers
    Plenty of paid time off
    High Commission potential

Cons

Very low base salary
    Communication disconnect between departments, sales/ad creation department. I've lost a few sales due to their focus on how quickly they can finish a customers order instead of taking the time to work with the customer to make it right the first time.

The base pay is the lowest in the industry. It would be awesome if it was raised after your 1 year anniversary.

Avoid

I worked at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

Great company benefits, relaxed work environment, parties every month, no overtime as they stress work life balance. Fun atmosphere.

Cons

Training is a joke. My dept (won't mention), there is no formal training. "Here's your computer, log on, get yourself familiar with the programs, ask questions" No real guidance, structure, too very laid back. Expects you to succeed with barely any support.

I've had worse jobs

Current Employee - Customer Success Advisor in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Advisor in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Monday-Friday work schedule, casual dress code, fun people, fun parties, easy to get hired on, good location, no taking work home with you.

Cons

Low pay in an expensive part of town. Terrible benefits. High turnover. Focus is definitely not on those in non sales positions.

Focus more on compensation for non sales positions.

Terrible Management, Poor Pay, Stay Away!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Young staff (20's-30's) which makes for a more fun, youthful environment
    -Great music playing, keeps you motivated in a mundane, repetitive job
    -Cool, relaxed environment

Cons

There are quite a few of them.....where to begin?
    -Managers are not managers...they are salespeople who were promoted based on having high sales. Just because you can sell a product well doesn't mean you can effectively manage people.
    -There is a LOT of different radios and music playing and cheering can get incessant. It was fun at first, but it gets extremely obnoxious when you're trying to focus on a call.
    -Hung up on CONSTANTLY...lowers morale very quickly.
    -Expected to put in at least 100 calls a day, or 6 hours of "talk time"
    -The product is really crappy...it's advertising on the customers' local news station's website...down the page quite a bit, rotating with quite a few other businesses
    -Pay is VERY low...they tell you it's a salaried position, but it's not. You get paid about $14/hour after taxes, which in Seattle's cost of living is more like $9/hour. Most of my coworkers, even in their thirties, are living with roommates because they cannot afford to live based on the lack of salary.
    -You only receive commission if you hit your quota. You can be $1 away and not get a commission check!

My personal story: I quit Datasphere because my husband was transferred jobs across the country. I was never paid my commission check (of about $1200) because I moved before working there 90 days. Supposedly it was spelled out in my employee handbook, but I could never see where it stated that. I would have hired a lawyer, but $1200 isn't worth it after considering legal fees! Very unfair...especially since it wasn't my decision to quit; my husband was getting transferred! There was really no choice on my part. I would have quit eventually though!) Also, my manager cussed at me and made me feel threatened quite often. The only time anything was ever done about it was when I went to HR. Even then it always felt awkward. I was glad to get out of there!

If you're going to promote successful salespeople as managers, make sure that you train them on how to be effective managers. Just because you can sell doesn't mean you can manage others and train them well.

DataSphere Technologies Photos