DataSphere Technologies

datasphere.com

DataSphere Technologies Reviews in Seattle, WA

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Satbir Khanuja

Pros
  • Great training program, excellent work life balance, encouraging team work environment, etc (in 7 reviews)

• Great way to make money and the work environment makes you want to succeed (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • don't expect anything but base salary (which isnt huge (in 6 reviews)

• Felt more like a pet project to fill the pockets of upper management than an actual business (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights
49 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Love making $$$$!!!

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsThis is my first sales job and I love every minute of it. It was great to leave the long, weekend hours of my retail job and join DataSphere. Working Monday-Friday from 7-4 is nice. Don't get me wrong.... somedays it's a hard job but the money makes it worth it to me.

The commissions structure is pretty good too. The sales are made in one month & immediately paid the next month by mid-month. It's very easy to earn good money much faster than other companies. Also, the majority of people hit goal & earn good commissions checks. As top sales person, I get a lot of stuff, more flexibility, and a chance to sell the new products that we are launching. Also, if you get a cancellation, you get to keep 40% of your commissions.

Cities and types of Customers aren't limited for you by management. It's great to find your own niche. I am great at selling to Doctors & Lawyers so I get an extra 10% for those customers too.

Super relaxed and fun environment w/ lots of great prizes to win. President's Club is a trip to Hawaii this year!!!

ConsSome managers aren't doing their job.... Not helping their new employees learn to sell. Manager roles seem pretty slack here.

Some co-workers don't want to work and all they do is complain about what they aren't getting. It can get annoying.

Benefits could improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the improving the medical benefits for employees.

DataSphere Technologies Response

Jul 30, 2014HR

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that you have been able to apply your prior retail experience to the Account Executive role. We look forward to your continued success! If you have ... More

Not a good place for growth

Non-sales (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsPeople are great and fun atmosphere

ConsNot a place for much growth. Employees treated like kids.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the employees with more respect.

The one reason I gave it 2 stars was because I loved the environment and coworkers.

Account Executive (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsThe overall environment is super fun and everyone that works there is awesome. There are always bells ringing and people chanting when others get sales. That is really the main pro working there- all the amazing friends I made..and the fact its M-F and I was off work everyday at 3pm.

ConsFirst things first is the job itself really is a grind. You are making between 60-100 calls daily and trying to get business owners on the phone without getting hung up on. You are required to make minimum 60 dials and have 2 hours of talk time. After so long the job is mentally draining. Its fun at first because they brainwash you into thinking the product is great and you are going to make thousands upon thousands a month when in reality thats not the case at all. The product itself is crap (which is an online banner ad on news stations websites) the product doesnt work, half the time customers cant see their ad, and are given a crappy low quality video the can be made on Powerpoint. Making your monthly goal was a challenge in itself because once people would realize the product didnt work they would cancel. If a client you had cancels within 6 months they take it out of your paycheck, so even if you have an amazing month and you have a lot of people cancel from prior months your paycheck is going to be crap. The place is run solely on politics. If they dont like you, or if you dont sell a ton then basically going to work is dreadful. Thankfully I didnt have that problem but for the people that werent and didnt sell they dont treat you well. Everything around there is constantly changing from the verticals we can sell, to the commission structure, to the senior ae guidelines..once people actually start making money and finding something that sells well or start hitting their goals the next month they change it and make it higher so more people wont get paid. Ive seen people get up and walk out because they would find a way to take away their commission check. If you made your goal by 1 deal and 2 weeks into the next month that person cancels or card gets declined they will take away your whole commission check from the month prior ( you only get a commission check if you hit 100% of your goal) Ive seen people up and walk out because it happened to them, and it happened on a monthly basis. The turn over rate there is ridiculous. At the end of every month there are handfuls of people that leave, and people that just stop showing up. After being there about 6 months you are already a veteran because most people dont make it to a year mark. Wonder why....

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together and stop changing the rules and compensation every month. You supposedly "give us everything to succeed" but yet work against us. Apparently the company isnt doing well if you are unable to afford paying people their commission. Also it would help having a product that actually was beneficial and worked. I feel bad for all the times I actually made people spend their money on such a crappy product.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This IS a great place to learn!

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsI enjoy my job and I have learned how to sell (no real experience in selling to businesses before here). Just got a promotion to senior AE AND salary increase!!

Love my team & co-workers.... although some people don't seem to understand that sales= cold calls & hitting targets. It is a sales job so there are moments when it's stressful and I have to hit sales targets. I expect that OR I wouldn't be in sales (I would go do something more cushy). The good ones work hard and make money-- while others just complain. It's probably because lots of people aren't great hires.

I have learned a lot from my sales manager and he even helps me close deals at times. While I don't plan to stay forever, I will learn all I can & use my experience to get a great position outside of DataSphere.

Lots of people get promoted into management or other jobs- if they want it.

ConsThere are a lot of people hired here that just aren't cut out to be in sales. It wastes the managers' time and energy. By hiring more talented people with better work habits, managers could be spend on the employees that can sell.

Benefits aren't great!

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your hiring managers to spot talent better. It would reduce the turnover and probably some complaining too.

Love it!!!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsGreat work life balance, awesome training program,uncapped commission, positive and fun work environment,holidays off, really nice co workers

ConsReally the only thing I can think of is during training they teach you a specific way of doing things and then you go out on the floor and you hear people who are really successful making sales doing the opposite of what they taught you in training. Slightly inconsistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good vibes and positve attitudes.

ugh

Account Executive (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

Prosno additional take home work

Cons-high turn over, management only likes you when/if youre selling
    -didnt feel respected or valued
    -culture and work environment nonexistent.....virtually no off-sites or added perks to working here (every party we had was IN the office...cheap-o's)
    -the product is seriously lacking

Advice to Senior Managementdo something about the turn over rate....make people actually like working there and not just bare it because they are desperate for a job

Do not work for this company

Ad Creation Manager (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsMy co-workers are great! I don't think I would survive this place without them. We are all in the same boat with how much we dislike this place.

ConsWhere do I begin. The management is terrible and I would take the high scores on this site with a grain of salt. It is all about who the favorites are of upper management. How the raises work do not make any sense. If you are the number one performer for several quarters and make less than someone who has been with the company for one quarter, please tell me how that makes any sense??? I would not recommend this company to anyone. The turn over rate is really high and it is obvious they don't care about employees that bring value to their business.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider teaching the department heads leadership skills

DataSphere Technologies Response

Jul 14, 2014HR

Thank you for the feedback. We’re disappointed to hear that your experience was not positive. We pride ourselves on rewarding employees with merit and bonuses based on individual performance. We ... More

great job to start a career in sales

Account Executive (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

Prosuncapped commission. friendly environment full of great people to work with.

Consstale markets. management feels that hiring a massive amount of unqualified people is a good idea. they run through markets and bleed potentially great leads dry. as of 5/14 management has been telling sales floor one thing and going in a completely different direction. plenty of opportunity to move laterally in the company but rarely move up

Advice to Senior Managementqualify the people you hire. the sales managers are overwhelmed with so many new people that they lack the ability to help everyone who needs it including the vets who are the engines.

ON MY WAY OUT!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsThe hours are 7am -4pm or 6am -3pm get up early do your job and go home. The team is environment is the best. The sales is easy and not very stressful if you are experienced but if you are not you will struggle. When you make commission at least in my product I sold it was the best. If you manages to stay six months and have high talk time and hit quota another company will head hunt you right out of there with better pay and benefits.

ConsInconsistent policies making Senior AE is a joke. They keep changing the qualifications so lesser people make it. The pay is the lowest in the media & advertising industry and no one stays. There is an inexperienced operations person and most people in the position never worked the position in other companies to give a good outlook. The benefits are the worst and the company meetings are useless.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistency, quality and experience in everything you do will make a huge difference in your culture and longevity. Wonder why you have not been on best places to work? Walk around the sales floor and ask!

Great start but quickly got worse

Account Executive (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsAwesome employees, no dress code, "come as you are" attitude (as long as you can sell)

ConsHigh pressure, selling products that do not work or look like crap, which will result in you ending up with guilt and lowering your productivity

Advice to Senior ManagementLess micro managing. Get to know your sales people and their strength and weakness and work with each person individually.

Worked for DataSphere Technologies? Contribute to the Community!