DataSphere Technologies

DataSphere Technologies Reviews in Seattle, WA

Updated September 15, 2014
Updated September 15, 2014

Satbir Khanuja

Pros
  • Great training program, excellent work life balance, encouraging team work environment, etc (in 7 reviews)

• Great way to make money and the work environment makes you want to succeed (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • don't expect anything but base salary (which isnt huge (in 6 reviews)

• Felt more like a pet project to fill the pockets of upper management than an actual business (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

49 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Learned a lot and enjoyed my time

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

This was my first "real" job in sales. I learned a TON-- in a very short amount of time. I learned how to sell and have confidence in my abilities to make sales.

I made great money and really enjoyed the environment. I think the product is great and does help our customers brand their business.

I really liked that I could call any business and in any city.... not limited to dentists, real estate or doctors or something.

Cons

Some of software used to process orders and look for prospects aren't great.
    The commission program stung when you missed hitting target & you got zero commissions -- even if you were a dollar short.

invest in the software. It's super hard to have your systems go down when you are trying to close a computer

I was there during the good times

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you like a loose environment, this is the place for you!

Cons

Loud, no real development, lax management

Better benefits and structure to retain/recruit top talent in the area.

Aug 28, 2014HR team

We appreciate your feedback. It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy the high energy environment we offer. We are striking a balance between a casual and fun environment while remaining ... More

Not a good place for growth

Former Employee - Non-sales  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Non-sales in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are great and fun atmosphere

Cons

Not a place for much growth. Employees treated like kids.

Treat the employees with more respect.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The one reason I gave it 2 stars was because I loved the environment and coworkers.

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

The overall environment is super fun and everyone that works there is awesome. There are always bells ringing and people chanting when others get sales. That is really the main pro working there- all the amazing friends I made..and the fact its M-F and I was off work everyday at 3pm.

Cons

First things first is the job itself really is a grind. You are making between 60-100 calls daily and trying to get business owners on the phone without getting hung up on. You are required to make minimum 60 dials and have 2 hours of talk time. After so long the job is mentally draining. Its fun at first because they brainwash you into thinking the product is great and you are going to make thousands upon thousands a month when in reality thats not the case at all. The product itself is crap (which is an online banner ad on news stations websites) the product doesnt work, half the time customers cant see their ad, and are given a crappy low quality video the can be made on Powerpoint. Making your monthly goal was a challenge in itself because once people would realize the product didnt work they would cancel. If a client you had cancels within 6 months they take it out of your paycheck, so even if you have an amazing month and you have a lot of people cancel from prior months your paycheck is going to be crap. The place is run solely on politics. If they dont like you, or if you dont sell a ton then basically going to work is dreadful. Thankfully I didnt have that problem but for the people that werent and didnt sell they dont treat you well. Everything around there is constantly changing from the verticals we can sell, to the commission structure, to the senior ae guidelines..once people actually start making money and finding something that sells well or start hitting their goals the next month they change it and make it higher so more people wont get paid. Ive seen people get up and walk out because they would find a way to take away their commission check. If you made your goal by 1 deal and 2 weeks into the next month that person cancels or card gets declined they will take away your whole commission check from the month prior ( you only get a commission check if you hit 100% of your goal) Ive seen people up and walk out because it happened to them, and it happened on a monthly basis. The turn over rate there is ridiculous. At the end of every month there are handfuls of people that leave, and people that just stop showing up. After being there about 6 months you are already a veteran because most people dont make it to a year mark. Wonder why....

Get your act together and stop changing the rules and compensation every month. You supposedly "give us everything to succeed" but yet work against us. Apparently the company isnt doing well if you are unable to afford paying people their commission. Also it would help having a product that actually was beneficial and worked. I feel bad for all the times I actually made people spend their money on such a crappy product.

Aug 29, 2014HR team

We appreciate your feedback. It is unfortunate you didn't see value in our product. One of our core values is to obsess about delivering value to customers. We constantly look at how to add more ... More

This IS a great place to learn!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy my job and I have learned how to sell (no real experience in selling to businesses before here). Just got a promotion to senior AE AND salary increase!!

Love my team & co-workers.... although some people don't seem to understand that sales= cold calls & hitting targets. It is a sales job so there are moments when it's stressful and I have to hit sales targets. I expect that OR I wouldn't be in sales (I would go do something more cushy). The good ones work hard and make money-- while others just complain. It's probably because lots of people aren't great hires.

I have learned a lot from my sales manager and he even helps me close deals at times. While I don't plan to stay forever, I will learn all I can & use my experience to get a great position outside of DataSphere.

Lots of people get promoted into management or other jobs- if they want it.

Cons

There are a lot of people hired here that just aren't cut out to be in sales. It wastes the managers' time and energy. By hiring more talented people with better work habits, managers could be spend on the employees that can sell.

Benefits aren't great!

Train your hiring managers to spot talent better. It would reduce the turnover and probably some complaining too.

Love it!!!

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work life balance, awesome training program,uncapped commission, positive and fun work environment,holidays off, really nice co workers

Cons

Really the only thing I can think of is during training they teach you a specific way of doing things and then you go out on the floor and you hear people who are really successful making sales doing the opposite of what they taught you in training. Slightly inconsistent.

Keep up the good vibes and positve attitudes.

great job to start a career in sales

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

uncapped commission. friendly environment full of great people to work with.

Cons

stale markets. management feels that hiring a massive amount of unqualified people is a good idea. they run through markets and bleed potentially great leads dry. as of 5/14 management has been telling sales floor one thing and going in a completely different direction. plenty of opportunity to move laterally in the company but rarely move up

qualify the people you hire. the sales managers are overwhelmed with so many new people that they lack the ability to help everyone who needs it including the vets who are the engines.

Do not work for this company

Former Employee - Ad Creation Manager  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Ad Creation Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

My co-workers are great! I don't think I would survive this place without them. We are all in the same boat with how much we dislike this place.

Cons

Where do I begin. The management is terrible and I would take the high scores on this site with a grain of salt. It is all about who the favorites are of upper management. How the raises work do not make any sense. If you are the number one performer for several quarters and make less than someone who has been with the company for one quarter, please tell me how that makes any sense??? I would not recommend this company to anyone. The turn over rate is really high and it is obvious they don't care about employees that bring value to their business.

Consider teaching the department heads leadership skills

Jul 14, 2014HR

Thank you for the feedback. We’re disappointed to hear that your experience was not positive. We pride ourselves on rewarding employees with merit and bonuses based on individual performance. We ... More

ugh

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

no additional take home work

Cons

-high turn over, management only likes you when/if youre selling
    -didnt feel respected or valued
    -culture and work environment nonexistent.....virtually no off-sites or added perks to working here (every party we had was IN the office...cheap-o's)
    -the product is seriously lacking

do something about the turn over rate....make people actually like working there and not just bare it because they are desperate for a job

ON MY WAY OUT!

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The hours are 7am -4pm or 6am -3pm get up early do your job and go home. The team is environment is the best. The sales is easy and not very stressful if you are experienced but if you are not you will struggle. When you make commission at least in my product I sold it was the best. If you manages to stay six months and have high talk time and hit quota another company will head hunt you right out of there with better pay and benefits.

Cons

Inconsistent policies making Senior AE is a joke. They keep changing the qualifications so lesser people make it. The pay is the lowest in the media & advertising industry and no one stays. There is an inexperienced operations person and most people in the position never worked the position in other companies to give a good outlook. The benefits are the worst and the company meetings are useless.

Consistency, quality and experience in everything you do will make a huge difference in your culture and longevity. Wonder why you have not been on best places to work? Walk around the sales floor and ask!

Worked for DataSphere Technologies? Contribute to the Community!