DataTrans Solutions Reviews

Mike Franks
1 Rating

1. Good place to work.

I have been working at DataTrans Solutions full-time

Pros

Solid company, well established in the EDI sector, with a very promising future. The projects are challenging and diverse. The products are constantly evolving. The clientele is broad and always expanding. An all around good place for anyone who wants to be challenged.

Cons

The benefits have improved though out the years, but there is still space for improvement.

2. Worst management I've ever worked for.

I have been working at DataTrans Solutions

Pros

Benefits a decent, and company culture is pretty nice. I really like all of the people I've worked with here, and Datatrans provides drinks and once a month massages

Cons

Pour organizational structure, extreme lack of cross training. Management has made a habit of hiring someone to do one thing, but making them do something else entirely (well beyond what should be under other duties as assigned). When interviewing, they will sell the company as a great place to grow and work, but the only thing that is growing is the politics.

Advice to Management

When you hire somebody for a job, try to keep their assigned tasks to that job description as much as possible. Also, when an improvement needs to be made, don't hold it up by delaying/denying necessary purchases then complain to employees when tasks aren't getting done.

3. Enjoying It!

Current Employee - EDI Analyst in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at DataTrans Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people at DataTrans are fantastic. DTS has allowed me to grow professionally while providing me guidance to succeed in an ever changing work environment. I can't thank them enough for all of the opportunities they have given me. When I was first brought on, the one on one training was great, and throughout my learning process I had shoulders to lean on if I had any questions or issues come up. This type of environment promotes positive growth, not only for the company, but personally for each individual who is apart of the company.

Family oriented.

Cons

Benefits plan is lacking, but from my understanding management is working to create a better plan for it's employees. Other then that I can't complain.

5. Great place to work.

Current Employee - EDI Analyst in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at DataTrans Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at DataTrans for years and overall I've been very happy. Like any company that is successful, it has evolved over time...for the better. It is a very dynamic, rapidly changing environment. The people are smart and friendly. They work hard but also have fun. Management gives its team the flexibility to handle issues as they see fit. There's no micro management and they are very fair to the people work there. They have a good 401K, vacation and time off plan. I saw the negative review and was kind of surprised. It doesn't sound like the same company.

Cons

Benefits aren't quite what you might have at a larger company, but the pay is good. I know management is looking into ways to improve this.

6. Very stiff and "corporate" for an IT company

Former Employee - Developer in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Developer in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at DataTrans Solutions

Pros

The pay was OK for the level of experience I had. A couple of the people that work there were nice enough. I did learn a lot about EDI.

Cons

DTS has a very boring stiff corporate style culture. Everyone must wear slacks and all shirts must have a collar even though nobody (except sales) ever sees clients. Developers and Sys Admins are expected to work extra hours often in the middle of the night. Even though you are supposed to have PTO, the owner never actually wants to let employees have time off. While DTS does offer insurance, the premiums and coverage are EXTREMELY expensive (I'm talking ~3X the cost of self pay). Bonuses that were promised were often not delivered or they would be ~10% of what they were claimed to be. Over all, it was just not a good place to work.

Advice to Management

Management should take it easy. DTS is a software company and the culture should reflect that. If you can't offer something please don't promise it to try and convince employees to work for you. Treating people right can go a long way to supplement bonuses and decent insurance. I'm just talking about simple things like letting people take vacation when they feel they need it, keeping snacks in the office, or relaxing the dress code for people that have no need to "dress up". Employees are WAY more productive if they are allowed to collaborate and actually talk through issues.

DataTrans Solutions Photos

View of building from the street

+ Add Photo