DataTrans Solutions

Mike Franks
1 Rating

Good place to work.

I have been working at DataTrans Solutions full-time

Pros

Solid company, well established in the EDI sector, with a very promising future. The projects are challenging and diverse. The products are constantly evolving. The clientele is broad and always expanding. An all around good place for anyone who wants to be challenged.

Cons

The benefits have improved though out the years, but there is still space for improvement.

Enjoying It!

Current Employee - EDI Analyst in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at DataTrans Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at DataTrans are fantastic. DTS has allowed me to grow professionally while providing me guidance to succeed in an ever changing work environment. I can't thank them enough for all of the opportunities they have given me. When I was first brought on, the one on one training was great, and throughout my learning process I had shoulders to lean on if I had any questions or issues come up. This type of environment promotes positive growth, not only for the company, but personally for each individual who is apart of the company.

Family oriented.

Cons

Benefits plan is lacking, but from my understanding management is working to create a better plan for it's employees. Other then that I can't complain.

Great place to work.

I have been working at DataTrans Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked at DataTrans for years and overall I've been very happy. Like any company that is successful, it has evolved over time...for the better. It is a very dynamic, rapidly changing environment. The people are smart and friendly. They work hard but also have fun. Management gives its team the flexibility to handle issues as they see fit. There's no micro management and they are very fair to the people work there. They have a good 401K, vacation and time off plan. I saw the negative review and was kind of surprised. It doesn't sound like the same company.

Cons

Benefits aren't quite what you might have at a larger company, but the pay is good. I know management is looking into ways to improve this.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very stiff and "corporate" for an IT company

Former Employee - Developer  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Developer in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at DataTrans Solutions

Pros

The pay was OK for the level of experience I had. A couple of the people that work there were nice enough. I did learn a lot about EDI.

Cons

DTS has a very boring stiff corporate style culture. Everyone must wear slacks and all shirts must have a collar even though nobody (except sales) ever sees clients. Developers and Sys Admins are expected to work extra hours often in the middle of the night. Even though you are supposed to have PTO, the owner never actually wants to let employees have time off. While DTS does offer insurance, the premiums and coverage are EXTREMELY expensive (I'm talking ~3X the cost of self pay). Bonuses that were promised were often not delivered or they would be ~10% of what they were claimed to be. Over all, it was just not a good place to work.

Management should take it easy. DTS is a software company and the culture should reflect that. If you can't offer something please don't promise it to try and convince employees to work for you. Treating people right can go a long way to supplement bonuses and decent insurance. I'm just talking about simple things like letting people take vacation when they feel they need it, keeping snacks in the office, or relaxing the dress code for people that have no need to "dress up". Employees are WAY more productive if they are allowed to collaborate and actually talk through issues.

Worked for DataTrans Solutions? Contribute to the Community!