Datameer

www.datameer.com

Datameer Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jun 11, 2014
Datameer – San Mateo – “Datameer”

Stefan Groschupf

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Innovative Unique Product and best of all Awesome People!

Marketing (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsDatameer is such an innovative company, I work with a lot of smart, talented and passionate people. Datameer has an amazing product that is very unique to the big data space. It has received a lot of traction in the news recently.

We just moved offices and the location in San Francisco is close to BART and being on the 4th floor we have an amazing view of the city! Light, bright and airy!

This is also an organization where they tend to recognize and promote within. I have seen several people in the sales and engineering department move up and around. Even their inside sales reps there is a career path and they can move into field sales. Virtually unheard of at my last organization.

ConsBeing a startup, sometimes certain projects take more time with work/life balance, but it is not all the time and what you do here, you can really see a difference and how it impacts business!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with the innovation of the product. Recognize hard workers and be willing to be flexible with employees.

I love the company culture and people there

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsYou can learn a lot. Lovely people with very positive attitude. A great example of a productive "team".

ConsCompany overall is very cost sensetive

Advice to Senior ManagementMore stock or option to employees may generate a more positive sense of ownership in the team...

Always learning something new in a exploding technology

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

Pros- Lots of opportunity to make a difference
    - Lean product with lots of potential
    - Great, smart, hard working people willing to help each other succeed
    - Lots of visibility on where company is heading
    - Generous benefits
    - Numerous career opportunities.

Cons- Not an environment to warm up a seat every day.
    - As a fast growing company, lots of challenges keeping internal systems organized (Growing pains).
    - Need to trim some fat from product and focus on things Datameer is good at.

Advice to Senior ManagementFast growing companies need great people to take things to next level. Need to invest more resources to attract and maintain great people.
    Also, as a growing global company, communication challenges need to be addressed by adopting better collaboration tools.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love Love Love working here!

Director Inside and Sales Operations (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

Pros- I have more autonomy and influence than other startups I've worked for
    - There is a top level strategy that everyone understands and is working towards
    - Marketing and sales are aligned…delicious to me as I'm in sales

Cons- Office is a bit clunky (used to be law office) but we are moving the The City and this will be resolved.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in the product and people.

Great company in an incredible market space.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

Pros- Exploding market space
     - Intelligent and hard working team
     - Great product that has backing by an impressive list of Fortune companies (including a few that have also decided to invest in the company)

Cons- Lacking the publicity of some of the bigger players

Great product, people and customers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsThe product is extremely effective in small to large organizations. And the most successful companies continue to use the product year after year. People are smart, hard-working, creative and fun to work with.

ConsUnlike at some companies, you need to focus and get things done. If you prefer to come up with ideas and not follow through, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow and empower your employees as you grow the company.

Great product, customers and people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsThe product is extremely effective, and the biggest, most successful companies continue to use the product year after year.
    Dynamic, hard-working, create and smart people that are fun to work with.

ConsUnlike some companies, this is a place you need to execute. So you need to enjoy what you're doing and stay focused on results. If you like to pontificate and not do the work, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire good people and continue to grow existing employees

Brutal culture, tough environment to work in.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsSolving an interesting problem with exciting technology, big data is a huge area of upside and some of the tier one venture capitalists have taken notice. Datameer is in a space that is growing rapidly.

ConsNothing gets done without the CEO approval. Lot's of bullying and talking down to people. Isolated office space, no one communicates with each other. Lack of interesting perspectives or ideas, unless of course it comes from the CEO. Several people have left due to the brutal and unforgiving culture.

Advice to Senior Managementdelegate decisions, trust your people, and hire nicer people.

Great Product and Great People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsThe product in development has a great opportunity to solve large and small data integration and visualization needs for all company sizes. Some incredible engineers and people working at the company that made coming to work enjoyable. A very big market opportunity and a good place to work.

ConsThe CEO was difficult to work with. While very talented in many aspects like engineering, product management and design, his leadership style is inconsistent and immature. The board members and other management are solid which helps.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to build a great product and work to keep the great people there.

Grossly undervalued employees. Waste of time in all regards. Dead end.

IT Engineer (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsFree lunch? A few very nice hard working folks.

ConsRemote, lack of culture, lack of content employees, lack of respect for fellow employees.
    CEO apprarently drinks a lot but doesn't allow employees to. General lack of energy, excitement and inspiration from staff. Internal systems are very disorganized and everyone seems to be on the wrong page more times than not.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire leaders who care and employees that desire to create an amazing work environment.

Worked for Datameer? Contribute to the Community!