Datapipe Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.7
Robb Allen

1. Great Company to grow your skill set!

Current Employee - Systems Administrative in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Systems Administrative in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Datapipe full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Best group of people you can work with. Lots of opportunity to learn the latest and greatest technology. Free lunch once per week. Great work/life balance!

Cons

Weak Benefits. Little room for advancement.

Everyone worried about getting fired

I have been working at Datapipe

Pros

Company gives you a lot of autonomy. If you like being a remote worker the company allows for that in certain positions. Cloud space is hot. Some solid name clients.

Cons

Lots of good people leaving the company has everyone on edge that they could either be fired/let go at any time or wondering if whether they should be proactive and start looking for other jobs. Most people I talk to here have options and seem to be looking around. Management is poor. Everyone seems stressed and frustrated. People get experience here and if they are any good they move on to more lucrative roles in better companies/cultures.

Advice to Management

Fix the toxic culture. Do something innovative to get people proud to be working here. Communicate like professionals with staff. Involve people in decisions more and encourage input in a genuine way. Don't talk badly about employees behind their backs.

Poor Management

I have been working at Datapipe full-time

Pros

The company has a good story and positioning.

Cons

Execution and integration of services are poor. Resources are stretched very thin and people are overworked, overstressed, and poorly trained. This leads to unhappy or underwhelmed clients who end up cancelling.

Advice to Management

Staff needs more accountability and training.

5. Billing - Accounts Receivable

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Datapipe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was only employed by Datapipe for a short period after it's acquisition of Layered Tech. Having been laid off 6 months after the acquistion I have little insight about Datapipes work environment. However, I say that Datapipe's management & staff went out of their way to make the inevitable loss of our jobs as painless as possible. Flexibility was allowed in our work schedule to preform job searchs and schedule interviews and we were provided with a generous severance package . Furthermore, our collective and individual knowledge of our customer base and business processes were respected and appreciation was shown for the assistance provided while transitioning Layered Tech to become part of Datapipe.

Cons

While I could speak to the Cons (and Pros) of Layered Tech's Management nothing I could say would be of value since LT no longer exist. As far as Datapipe, I have no insight on this subject.

Advice to Management

I wish the best of luck to Datapipe's Staff & Management.

6. Admin

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Datapipe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My team mates are what brings me to work

Cons

Regional mgmt here in KC are bully's ....

Advice to Management

Replace with tenured operational leaders that may bring real results to us and the frontline

Software Consultant

I have been working at Datapipe

Pros

Pretty cascual atmospher and pretty much relaxed not a lot of pressur.

Cons

They do not know what they are g=doing. Software is like magic, as they call it.

Advice to Management

Shape up. Need to know what you are getting into.

8. Chance to work on the cutting edge

I have been working at Datapipe

Pros

Unlike most managed service companies Datapipe truly puts its client business requirements at the top of their to-do list. Each engagement is a chance to learn new technology and work with some some of the most cutting edge technology to deliver customer service.

Cons

Sure a growing company that is competing with companies 10 times its size is going to have growing pains. Most of the complainers on here have been burnt by the normal churn of a company trying to grow. Hard truth is that sometimes if you want to succeed you have to look deeper than perks and benefits.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your mid level managers who feel the heatbeat of what it will take to get us to the next level.

After the fact

Current Employee - N/A in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - N/A in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at Datapipe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Nice co-workers - Casual attire - Free lunches on Thursdays (but you already know the old saying about free lunches)

Cons

- Pathetic PTO policy - Hypocrisy when it comes to remote working (ie. the management that tells you there is not remote working works remotely all the time) - Advancement is not based on merit - Benefits are blow par... expect to have them take (steal) your flex pay if you haven't used it before you leave

Advice to Management

Communicate big picture with staff. Foster enthusiasm. Demonstrate the commitment you request of your staff.

Great company, needs more organization and maturity

I worked at Datapipe

Pros

You'll work with a team of seasoned professionals who want to get the job done. Theres plenty to do, and you'll be put on task a number of times. Collaboration is great and everyone works together.

Cons

Nothing is really documented well.. make a mistake and there are frustrations. Instead of getting frustrated with an employee, work with them to correct mistakes and define processes that the team as a whole can follow. Too much oral tradition and wasteful paper standard operating procedures that dont guide on how to get a job done right the first time. Dont screw up.

Advice to Management

Keep it together. Work on getting your team to document processes. Treat your employees better and cut the politics game out. Its getting you nowhere. You lost a lot of top talent and ultimately your reputation will suffer.

Work Atmosphere

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at Datapipe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of exposure to technology, Free Lunch once a week, which is actual just them throwing you a bone !

Cons

Long non stop working Days, lots of after hours and weekend work, mostly at a short notice with little option to opt out. Being told on Thursday that you have to work that weekend or taking work home every evening is the norm.Team leads while very technical are not very good at Management of such thing as resource utilization which lead to the long hours and double work. Managers work short weeks while employees bust their butts. No room for growth, you won't go any further than the position you take, you will on the other hand continue to get more and more work.

Advice to Management

Managing resources does not mean only playing boss and driving your team into the ground while you enjoy an excellent work life balance. It means being able to delegate work and manage the available resources you have so there is adequate time to do things right. Learn to except recommendations from your staff, not every suggestion or plan has to be done the way you see fit if the customer is happy and the job is done. You have to realize that there are eight hours in a day so it's not always a good idea to promise your bosses that you can get 16 hours of work done in that time and drive your employees into the ground to get it done then complain the every I wasn't dotted or T crossed.

RSS Feed </> Embed