Dataprise

Updated Jun 17, 2014

David E. Eisner

Great Place to Work!

Rockville, MD

ProsRewarding work, great company culture, opportunities for advancement, they invest in you as an employee through on-going training/development programs, laid back work environment, great benefits, fun company sponsored events outside of work (happy hours, parties, yearly gala, etc).

ConsIt is fast-paced, but that really isn't a con--makes the work day go faster!

Advice to Senior ManagementI have nothing bad to say, Dataprise is a great company and I know that I have a lot of opportunities for advancement within the company as they continue to grow.

DO NOT WORK HERE

Remote Support Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsNONE< other than an onsite regrigerator that is hardly anthing to brag about. They always have sandwich meat and no bread.

ConsHorrible building, terrible management, terrible work flow. Terrible schedules.
    You wear too many hats at this company. They may tell you that you are a bread maker but you will find yourself making shoes instead.

They pride themselves on having several small meetings a day and pulling you into the office just to perpetuate fear amongs the other employees.

The only way you would stay there is if you were entry level and you didn't know any better.

DISFUNCTIONAL

Advice to Senior ManagementStart all over, the turnover rate is too high

Very rude employees particularly on the help desk as they are perpetuating bad habbits because some of their employees have been there too long for their own good.

HR is verry condescending and rubs it in your face as they lie to you blatently during the interview process.

HR is very disconnected from the actual experience of their employees

Flag Review
    Dataprise Director of HR & Recruiting responded to this review Jun 20, 2014 EditDelete
    I am disappointed to hear that you did not have a positive experience working at Dataprise and appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We strive as a company to always be as ... More

I am the first and only Director Of Remote and Cloud Services

Director of Remote and Cloud Services (Current Employee)
    Rockville, MD

ProsWanted to clarify a previous post published using my title. I am the first person at Dataprise to hold this title as it did not exist previous to my joining the team. I am not sure who published the aforementioned post, but I can assure you it was not the Director of Remote and Cloud Services.

I am very Happy with the Company , love the culture (best I have seen in my 20 yrs in business) and feel very excited as to the direction we are heading in. The future for this company is bright. My team is top notch and they are provided with room for growth and career expansion unlike anything I have ever seen. Even in company that drwaf dataprise in size and revenues.

The fact is that here at Dataprise you will have the ability to achieve your goals, but the effort and time investment has to come from you. Things will not magically drop from the sky for you here, but neither will they anywhere else. Individual commitment and great work ethics will take you far in our organization.

We have an engaged and passionate Senior Management team that strives to provide a quality experience for our clients as well as our team members. There will always be those that disagree, but if you have any doubts... Come take a look at our career page and if you have what it takes to work with best, send us your resume and let's talk.

ConsVery fast paced, multitask environment, not for everyone. This is NOT a con, but it is definitely a fact.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Couldn't be happier with Dataprise

Network Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsDataprise is a great company to work for and I'm glad to be a part of this organization. The team I work with on a daily basis is a huge factor to that. Everyone is working towards a common goal here and that is to provide our clients with world class IT support. My manager is extremely helpful whenever I need it and gives me great feedback to help me along with my goals and career. My co-workers are great. We are always helping each other with projects and to get the job done. I've been here 4 years and can't see myself working anywhere else. I'm extremely excited to see where this company has been and where we are headed. Definitely an exciting time for Dataprise right now!!!

ConsI can't think of any cons in regards to this company

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Really, really horrible place to work

Director Remote and Cloud Services (Former Employee)
    Rockville, MD

ProsThere are some good people at the working level in this company that work hard and know what they are doing.

ConsThe issues start at the top. Their COO is not up for the job and is simply there because he's the brother in law of the owner. He's a total joke. The atmosphere in the work environment is simply awful, everyone is on edge and constantly blaming each other for every little problem that happens. There's no sense of teamwork here. The ownership expects you to work incredibly hard and they do not share at all in the rewards. If you make a mistake, you may very well get fired for it. And don't expect a compensation package on your way out the door, they will literally fire you days before your last paycheck, I saw it happen more than once and it happened to me personally. You'll have no runway at all to find another job. They take the "at will" provision of employment very literally. They run through employees at an alarming rate, those who are smart get out as soon as they sense the toxic environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind some real leadership from outside of the organization, you've taken it as far as you will with the team that you have right now.

Flag Review
    Dataprise Director of HR & Recruiting responded to this review Apr 4, 2014 EditDelete
    First, I am sorry to hear you feel this way and wish you all the best. However I would be remiss, if I did not comment as there is some information here that is inaccurate. First, the COO is not the ... More

Very good environment to work. Everyone is very helpful.

ProsEngineers and management are very nice and always very helpful.

ConsThe company does not do a good job of training employees.

Flag Review
    Dataprise Director of HR & Recruiting responded to this review Mar 31, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you are enjoying your experience with Dataprise thus far and are working on improving our training offerings.

Great place to work

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
    Rockville, MD

ProsGreat management ,they take care of the employees. good place to work. great people.

ConsGrowing fast, not really a con. but adjusting to the fast growth can be a challenge.

Advice to Senior Managementnothing really, they are doing a great job. have been working for 3+ years and loving it.

Flag Review
    Thank you for the positive review and positive feedback! We are so glad you are enjoying your experience with Dataprise and hope that continues.

It is a learning experience

Remote Support Engineer (Current Employee)
    Rockville, MD

ProsI have obtained so much knowledge.

ConsWe have more clients than we have employees to support the clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to have more frequent Training sessions.

Flag Review
    Thank you for your feedback! That's great to see that you're learning a lot of new information and are being challenged. Being short staffed is a growing pain of ours, however, we have recently hired ... More

They are forward-looking and attempt to balance profits with employee satisfaction.

Network Consultant (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsThey will listen to your ideas and occasionally make changes that benefit employees rather than themselves. That is more than most companies will do.

ConsThe amount of billable hours required just to stay in good standing is 35+. That means anything you're doing for a client that isn't billable is basically coming out of your personal time. Frequent travel between client-sites means lunch can sometimes be tough to get for field engineers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop harassing employees who "only" billed 35 hours in a week. At your billable rate, you're making 4375/week when we average 35 hours which is ~20k/month. The average salary is probably around 6k/month giving you a 14k/month margin on each field engineer (-benefits). We're all smart guys, realize this, and resent emails from management complaining about billable hours when we're doing all we can. Management also seems blind to the fact that there is a lot of work that can't be billed to clients (paperwork, some documentation, and correcting the occasional mistake that we or another DP engineer has made).

Flag Review
    Thank you for taking the time to post a review working for Dataprise! We are glad to see that you overall have had a positive experience with us thus far and hope that continues. We appreciate your ... More

Fantastic

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee)
    Rockville, MD

ProsReward high functioning employees with growth and responsibility. Salaries are competitve and benefits good. Work is challenging.

ConsNothing significant. It has been a very positive place to work and I have enjoyed a very productive career there.

Flag Review
    Thank you so much! We are glad to hear you enjoy working at Dataprise and really appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.

Worked for Dataprise? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dataprise reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dataprise CEO David E. Eisner. All 42 reviews posted anonymously by Dataprise employees.