Dataprise Reviews in Washington, DC

3.7

David E. Eisner

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

They are forward-looking and attempt to balance profits with employee satisfaction.

Current Employee - Network Consultant  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Network Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Dataprise full-time for more than a year

Pros

They will listen to your ideas and occasionally make changes that benefit employees rather than themselves. That is more than most companies will do.

Cons

The amount of billable hours required just to stay in good standing is 35+. That means anything you're doing for a client that isn't billable is basically coming out of your personal time. Frequent travel between client-sites means lunch can sometimes be tough to get for field engineers.

Stop harassing employees who "only" billed 35 hours in a week. At your billable rate, you're making 4375/week when we average 35 hours which is ~20k/month. The average salary is probably around 6k/month giving you a 14k/month margin on each field engineer (-benefits). We're all smart guys, realize this, and resent emails from management complaining about billable hours when we're doing all we can. Management also seems blind to the fact that there is a lot of work that can't be billed to clients (paperwork, some documentation, and correcting the occasional mistake that we or another DP engineer has made).

Mar 31, 2014Director of HR & Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to post a review working for Dataprise! We are glad to see that you overall have had a positive experience with us thus far and hope that continues. We appreciate your ... More

Fun growing company

Current Employee - Network Consultant  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Network Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Dataprise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Rewards good performance and many sponsored happy hours

Cons

I have no complaints that standout in my head.

Keep it up

Mar 31, 2014Director of HR & Recruiting

Thanks for the positive review! We are so glad to see that you are having fun working for us. Please be sure to let us know if you do think of any ways that we can improve - we are always open to ... More

A very fun, dynamic, and challenging.

Current Employee - Mid Level Network Engineer  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Mid Level Network Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Dataprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Network Engineer (Consultant) position really exposes you to many different information systems and technologies. Very good company culture. Overall very good place to work.

Cons

Some internal systems *cough* documentation are a little ..... old school. CRM and Job systems, errr. Lots of travel, but that's the gig.

Improve the documentation system.

Mar 31, 2014Director of HR & Recruiting

We are glad to hear you are having fun and being challenged! We are working to address your feedback related to improving our internal systems and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best place to work and play

Former Employee - Network Engineer  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at Dataprise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-More freedom to work and learn
    -Pay for certifications
    -Benefits and compensation

Cons

-Too much traveling
    -Used to care much more for employee but then management took some bad decisions.

I joined Dataprise in 2008 and stayed with them because I love the environment. They used to care much about their employees but then things changed during 2010. Some wrong people got into wrong positions and that caused many good engineers to leave the organization.

My advice to management is to please invest in your employees as they are the one who represents Dataprise at client site. Also try to retain good engineers and good clients rather than only focusing on getting new business.

Mar 31, 2014Director of HR & Recruiting

Your feedback is very much appreciated - thank you. We feel we have since made great strides in making improvements related to showing our employees that they are valued, investing in our employees ... More

Great company to work for. Continualy Growing

Current Employee - Network Engineer  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Dataprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are genuinely concerned about keeping the engineers happy. Their motto is if our engineers are happy than our client will be too. Consistent company outings, great benefits, and a team atmosphere. Overall pretty pleased. The company isnt just out for profits, but actually is focused on creating a productive, and positive atmospehere as well.

Cons

Commuting can take a toll if you are a remote engineer and have to travel long distances.

Mar 31, 2014Director of HR & Recruiting

Thank you! We are glad to hear you have enjoyed working for Dataprise.

Worked for Dataprise? Contribute to the Community!