Datavail

Mark Perlstein

Consulting Senior SQL Server DBA

Current Employee - Senior SQL Server Database Administrator in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior SQL Server Database Administrator in Denver, CO

I have been working at Datavail full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can work from home sometimes and they are always working to get new business.

Cons

Don;t get to meet with the rest of the company

Keepp doing what you're doing. Business seems good.

Don't bother giving 2 weeks notice!

Former Employee - Senior SQL Server Database Administrator in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior SQL Server Database Administrator in Denver, CO

I worked at Datavail full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good salary and benefits. You can work from home sometimes. Coworkers are generally good.

Cons

You can get thrown into new situations and jobs with no training or help from management. Absolutely no response from the company after I gave notice. Only clue I had was that all my access was denied the next day. I was still meeting with clients at the time.

My resignation was handled very unprofessionally. The only official notice I got was from Trinet, our benefits company. That came several days later.

Unhygienic, unhealthy and unprofessional HR recruitment team in India

I have been working at Datavail full-time

Pros

Didn't see any Pros for this company in India. Recruiting HR People are very much frustrating and dont know the cullture.

Cons

The recruiting staff (HR staff) in India showed a very unhygienic, unhealthy and unprofessional attitude to one of their requirement. One fine day I got a call from them for one of their requirement. They asked me various questions and my current CTC, expected CTC notice period and all. I told them that I want 30 to 40 hike on my current CTC. They agreed to that and processed my resume and conducted 3-4 rounds of interview including 2 rounds form US over skype. After every thing done they told me that they ere not able to offer more than my current CTC. So please do not trust them and be care full.... they are just wasting every body's time .... seems they have lots of time to spend and they are doing so by calling the candidates....again very very unhygienic, unhealthy and unprofessional staff they have in HR team in India......

Please work with your recruiting team in India for better result and productivity. They are just wasting time of others... they might have much time to waste but they don't have right to waste other's time....

About the company

I have been working at Datavail full-time

Pros

None , as this does not help to improve your career
    Not for ambitious people.

Cons

1) No stability of jobs
    2) Hikes have been cut-down

Try to keep the hard-working people.

Ambitious company with great opportunities

I have been working at Datavail

Pros

The company has several different levels of expertise with superior training. Since it's a smaller company, access to executives to understand larger ideas and feedback from direct co-workers is in abundance. Everyone gets along well and the company culture is both ambitious and realistic.

Cons

Broomfield is not centrally located. Most employees either live in Boulder or Denver, causing a longer commute than some may be used to.

As the company grows, there will be more structure to the organization. I hope that the future will always have the welcoming vibe to bounce around ideas that it does now.