Datrose Reviews

1.8
William W Rose

1. Administrative Assistant

I worked at Datrose

Pros

Management was superior. They helped you grow, and encouraged you to move up in y our career. Working side by side with Lockheed Martin was a great learning experience. There was a lot of management that also encouraged you and challenged you within your career.

Cons

The benefits are terrible with this company.

2. I personally can't stand working for this company the only reason I stay is because I'm still searching.

I have been working at Datrose

Pros

Some of the students and staff are really nice and make good conversation.

Cons

A manager that knows not what she's doing, talks down to you. Also the manager won't believe a word your saying ever whether you are right or wrong over students.

Advice to Management

Find a new manager ASAP.

Backstabbing liars

Former Employee - Tech Support for Apex Systems in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Tech Support for Apex Systems in Durham, NC

I worked at Datrose full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At first I thought the training was pretty good and the pay was decent.

Cons

E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. let me start by giving you my background. I am A+ and Net+ certified. I took this job because I thought that I would get some great experience and with Kodak being such a large and well known company, I felt like I could really have a chance to grow with the company. The position I was hired for was tech support in a call center environment. The training lasted about 6 weeks, and it was pretty good. Much more training than I have ever received at any other job. And then came time to hit the phones. They literally threw us on the phones and said good luck. Lucky for me, I was a sociable person so I quickly found people that I could go to with questions. They have a stupid metric where they figure how long you should be on the phone per call.. But they do not take into account that a lot of calls involved calming people down first, and then having to do things like shut down the entire photo lab, one piece of equipment at a time and then bring it all back up, one piece at a time and in a specific order.. just that alone would eat up an hour easy... and if you had to do a software install? there goes 2-3 hrs of your day and that's if everything runs smoothly. I would be called in to discuss my performance, and they never said "oh, well i see you were doing software installs" or anything...it was always "well you need to move the call along"..HOW?? It isn't the tech's fault that the equipment is slower than molasses in January. Then they rolled out new software and apparently didn't test it. Bug after bug after bug was being found and still they did nothing. They refuse to fix issues that you point out to them, they refuse to do anything to help give their customers better service, and the moment you turn your back they will stick a knife in it. I have worked for some crappy bosses and some shady companies in the past, but this place really takes the cake. Basically, if you want to work here, DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER. You will need to blow off customers, and end calls without resolutions to make the upper management happy. From the posts I see here, I see they just simply doubled down. I am hoping this company shuts down soon as no one should be treated the way they treat their employees.

Advice to Management

What's the point? they don't listen and never will.

Awful experience

Former Employee - Call Center Technician in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Call Center Technician in Durham, NC

I worked at Datrose

Pros

the option to have a 4x10 schedule

Cons

Micromanaged zero tolerance for electronic devices does not put customer first, the job is about just moving calls moving desks constantly for no apparent reason at all no pay raises ever, people working there 3 years longer than I did were getting the same pay no raises when you do get a promotion, which doesn't make since very high turnover

Advice to Management

stop micromanaging and looking over the shoulders of employees

Horrible Company

Former Employee - Ces in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Ces in Durham, NC

I worked at Datrose full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Datrose has no Pros. They lie to there employees constantly.

Cons

No leadership, People still making what they started with 2-3 years after working with Datrose.

Advice to Management

Dont promise peopl the world then fall way short.

Not very concerned with their contract employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Datrose full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits aren't bad, at least they offer them

Cons

No support from management, no leadership offered once placed

Advice to Management

Pay more visits to your sites & try promoting a more positive working environment

Datrose Future

Former Employee - Operations in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Operations in Rochester, NY

I worked at Datrose full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good people, some decent solutions

Cons

Horrible management, CEO, VP's and other are not in the real world. It's hard to believe they can survive as a recruitment firm. I give them 18 months to survive.

Advice to Management

Retire, its time to sell firm.

9. a place too work

Current Employee - Technician in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Technician in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Datrose full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

a place too work and make a living

Cons

no health ins that at a good cost

Do NOT work here

I worked at Datrose

Pros

- Starting pay of $15 (isn't even worth it for what you put up with....the starting pay of $15 is being cut more and more -- I've heard most new employees get 9-10/hr now).

Cons

- Most of the people working here have been paid more previously, and are being taken advantage of due to the economy. There are so many great people working here that deserve more pay and a better opportunity. -Expect 10 cents per year as a raise, if you ever get one. I worked here 3 years and received 30 cents over that time span (and was told to not tell anyone else, as I was only one of few that were receiving increased pay). - Micromanagement to the max. I've worked in retail and it pales in comparison to how lower level and upper level management treats their employees. Multiple managers down your throat almost constantly. - They only care about numbers, not their employees or their client. Lower as well as upper management have left this company due to them being more "numbers" oriented than focused on their client. - During your reviews, they would rather you be on the phone less than actually solve the clients problems. If you are in the clients best interest, it is seen as a downfall (because you spend too long on the phone fixing things), and don't expect to be promoted. The ones who get promoted are as short with the client as possible and favorites of the lower management. - No sick leave, 5 days of vacation after an entire year of working full-time with them. Any absence will take away from that one week your second year, meaning by the end of the year you are lucky to have a single day left. - Your work goes unnoticed. No matter how much work ethic you have, don't expect to receive any accolades or acknowledgement. You get paid the same whether you do the work or not -- there is NO incentive to be had. - Morale is incredibly low. They try to spice up the place by holding different themed work days, but what they fail to realize is that people care about supporting their families and earning a living -- not what is going to be eaten at the potluck.

Advice to Management

There's nowhere I can start to give advice to such a poorly run company.

Not bad, but not great either.

I worked at Datrose full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Perfect for entry level positions and gaining experience.

Cons

Benefits were less than desirable. Not much vacation time. Health insurance was very expensive, especially if you have a family.

RSS Feed </> Embed