Datrose Reviews

Updated July 12, 2014
Updated July 12, 2014
1.9

William W Rose

It seemed to start well, but it deteriorated very badly.

Former Employee - Agent  in  Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Agent in Durham, NC

I worked at Datrose as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Other than the fact that it beats having to draw unemployment, there aren't really any. There is the dignity of being employed, but beyond that; not much else.

Cons

The office culture is: overt micro-management, preferential treatment concerning advancement opportunities, based upon arbitrary personal opinion and borderline inappropriate personal relationships. Management has this way of keeping you under their thumb once you have infringed on their judgment, and they have this way of "finding things" wrong with your performance, almost as a means of retaliation. As a person who had been there for many years, the last 2 years there were some of the worst of my 27 year working career...I am very disappointed with the way things went for me personally, and I watched as it went pretty much the same way for MANY others before me. The disappointment for me, is that I really loved the work, but the way the work environment is controlled didn't and in my opinion never will make things better out there...

I wish them well...but I'm not certain how well it's going to go. Either way, I'm just glad I won't be affected either way. What's funny is, that if I ever find out that they changed back to the way things were, I'd actually be interested in going back. I loved the work that much.

My advice to ANYONE still working there: Hang if you can hang. My advice to anyone considering it: if you can't find anything else, then you gotta do what you gotta do. I just pray that that working here is your LAST and most desperate option; because otherwise you should NOT take this job...you will eventually regret it.

4 Words: Be about the people.

4 More: Stop sleeping with management.

4 more: Stop micro-managing; it's unethical.

and a few more for the road: This was the BEST job I ever had in terms of the job itself. But in the end, I got offered up by management for no other reason so unethical as the saving of some hours. I am perpetually offended by that, and I will never forget that my hard work and dedication to that work got played out as if I was negligent and irresponsible...

And that really hurt. Personally.

Horrible Company

Former Employee - Ces  in  Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Ces in Durham, NC

I worked at Datrose full-time for less than a year

Pros

Datrose has no Pros. They lie to there employees constantly.

Cons

No leadership, People still making what they started with 2-3 years after working with Datrose.

Dont promise peopl the world then fall way short.

Not very concerned with their contract employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Datrose full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits aren't bad, at least they offer them

Cons

No support from management, no leadership offered once placed

Pay more visits to your sites & try promoting a more positive working environment

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Datrose Future

Former Employee - Operations  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Operations in Rochester, NY

I worked at Datrose full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some good people, some decent solutions

Cons

Horrible management, CEO, VP's and other are not in the real world. It's hard to believe they can survive as a recruitment firm. I give them 18 months to survive.

Retire, its time to sell firm.

a place too work

Current Employee - Technician  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Technician in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Datrose full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

a place too work and make a living

Cons

no health ins that at a good cost

Do NOT work here

I worked at Datrose

Pros

- Starting pay of $15 (isn't even worth it for what you put up with....the starting pay of $15 is being cut more and more -- I've heard most new employees get 9-10/hr now).

Cons

- Most of the people working here have been paid more previously, and are being taken advantage of due to the economy. There are so many great people working here that deserve more pay and a better opportunity.

-Expect 10 cents per year as a raise, if you ever get one. I worked here 3 years and received 30 cents over that time span (and was told to not tell anyone else, as I was only one of few that were receiving increased pay).

- Micromanagement to the max. I've worked in retail and it pales in comparison to how lower level and upper level management treats their employees. Multiple managers down your throat almost constantly.

- They only care about numbers, not their employees or their client. Lower as well as upper management have left this company due to them being more "numbers" oriented than focused on their client.

- During your reviews, they would rather you be on the phone less than actually solve the clients problems. If you are in the clients best interest, it is seen as a downfall (because you spend too long on the phone fixing things), and don't expect to be promoted. The ones who get promoted are as short with the client as possible and favorites of the lower management.

- No sick leave, 5 days of vacation after an entire year of working full-time with them. Any absence will take away from that one week your second year, meaning by the end of the year you are lucky to have a single day left.

- Your work goes unnoticed. No matter how much work ethic you have, don't expect to receive any accolades or acknowledgement. You get paid the same whether you do the work or not -- there is NO incentive to be had.

- Morale is incredibly low. They try to spice up the place by holding different themed work days, but what they fail to realize is that people care about supporting their families and earning a living -- not what is going to be eaten at the potluck.

There's nowhere I can start to give advice to such a poorly run company.

Not bad, but not great either.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Manassas, VA

I worked at Datrose full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people. Perfect for entry level positions and gaining experience.

Cons

Benefits were less than desirable. Not much vacation time. Health insurance was very expensive, especially if you have a family.

Started out great and took a turn for the worse

I worked at Datrose

Pros

Some of the people were great to work with.

Cons

No accountability, not very flexible, no motivation.

If you like being chained to your desk and needing permission to go to the bathroom, then this is the company for you

I worked at Datrose

Pros

good clientele, easy to get to, the owner of the company has class (unlike the rest of his executive staff

Cons

they watch every second of your time and make you account for it, atmosphere not condusive to recruiting well (small, cramped cubicles)

if you want to attract and retain good talent, earn the respect of your recruiters and make them WANT to do good for you

even prisoners get time in the yard...

Former Employee - Help Desk Technician  in  Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Durham, NC

I worked at Datrose full-time for more than a year

Pros

pay is decent
    most of the co-workers are awesome
    i am only continuing to write because there is a 20 word minimum for this category and there is honestly nothing else postiive about this crap company

Cons

They do not care about their employees' lives, they treat their employees like puppets. They expect that when they say "jump" you are to reply with "how high"
    There are constant schedule changes due to un-organization of the management team. None of them really seem to have a grasp on most technical concepts and more so just know how to file paper work and look at call volumes.
    Benefits are horrible, if you do decide to sign up to be covered through their insurance, expect to see at least half of each week's income be taken out to pay for this
    You are only allowed 40 PAID HOURS OFF A YEAR. This includes: vacation, sick time, PTO. If you were to schedule an appointment during the work day, expect for them to take what time you would have missed from the 40 hours as well.
    There is no such thing as receiving seniority here. If you are a tenured employee, you can expect the same treatment as those just hired.
    They hold stupid potlucks for "hat day" in an attempt to improve employee morale, but fail to ever really listen to their employees and change the things that they need to.
    They are very cut-throat and have fired employee's for miniscule reasons, instead of working with them to improve in the areas that are needed.
    They fired people 2 days before Thanksgiving.
    No real room to move up here. They have their favorites that will get the promotions. They create "developmental" roles where there is no increase in pay...just a different type of work. It's all a big joke.
    It is impossible to dedicate yourself to any sort of schedule outside of this work environment as you never have any idea of what your next schedule will be and when it will come. They give less than a week's notice on any sort of major schedule changes, in fact...there was a huge one sent out the Friday NIGHT before Christmas Eve (Christmas Eve being on a Monday)

You need to start improving the way that you treat your employees. Your staff is only as efficient as they are happy. And your staff is miserable. There is not one agent in that call center that is happy with the way they are being treated there. Even prisoners get time in the yard.

Worked for Datrose? Contribute to the Community!