Datstat Reviews

Updated May 6, 2014
Updated May 6, 2014
2.9

Elizabeth Miller, Ph.D.

Super fun and hardworking crowd

I have been working at Datstat full-time

Pros

The people at DatStat are awesome, friendly, hardworking, and generally a joy to be around. The CEO is very open, encouraging, and passionate.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that there's no real lunch room. Other than that, no complaints!

A place that's come a long way

I have been working at Datstat part-time

Pros

After reading some of the other (probably older) reviews I would have to say that management at this company seems to have come a long way. Incoming work is much more fleshed out and detailed so that exactly what is expected is known to everyone. The company is expanding their target user base as well as the number of people working here. The work atmosphere is very open and inviting and I feel like I can ask any question without being looked down on. The work is also challenging, not all the time, but most of the time, and new ideas are always welcome. People here are very interested in the work we do and are always looking to better the work we do, produce better products and make better experiences for customers.

Cons

From time to time the atmosphere can fall a little bit below the professional level and people can loose site of their tasks and get lost in conversation. But I would have to say that, to a degree, this can be refreshing when working long days and can help re-invigorate your work performance and interest.

Communication and explicit expectations are KEY in development.

Datstat Response

Aug 18, 2014DatStat

Thank you for your support, and we welcome your continued feedback. We hope that we are valuing you as a person and as an employee as well. It is our intention to create a high-performing culture ... More

Management needs improvement, lack of leadership.

I have been working at Datstat full-time

Pros

Unlike other companies in Seattle, who relies heavily on IT industries, Datstat works with healthcare industry clients.

Cons

So many people leaves the company. Except for management, who's been around since the beginning of the company, the entire company is built on temp and short term employees. Over worked and under paid.

High quality work doesn't come from high expectation only. Train your employees and communicate your expectations clearly.

Datstat Response

Aug 18, 2014DatStat

Thank you for your response and suggestions. We do pride ourselves on setting a high quality standard in all the work we do. We find that some people prefer our method of on-the-job training as it ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great first job

I have been working at Datstat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent work/life balance. I feel like a trusted employee because of the freedom I've been given to explore ideas related to the products we build. The office culture in my area of the building is casual yet industrious so I feel accomplished without feeling overwhelmed.

Cons

Guidelines for a project are not laid out very clearly at times.

A little more organization around high level discussions about feature planning for our products would be very helpful.

CEO was unprofessional in our meeting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Datstat full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has been around for years, but the growth has been limited because of the managers they have in place. Its a startup company, yet they've been in business for a number of years.

Cons

The office is ground floor of an apartment complex and there is no parking. The company wants to grow, but doesn't know how to build out their sales department. The CEO may know products/solutions, but doesn't know how to build out and bring in new business on a large scale.

CEO isn't a natural leader and in my opinion a liability when it comes to interfacing with potential partners or internal staff. Bring in experienced business minded people who understand that a company can't be built on temps. I haven't heard of any successful company being built by part time employees.

Lacks training and strong leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Datstat full-time

Pros

Great perks including free food and game room, some great people to work with, laid back environment, start-up culture.

Cons

Unorganized management. Lacks training, there is a sink or swim model. It is a small office but there is little to no transparency. Extremely high turn over rate.

Develop training to help employees succeed. Try to retain employees.

Bad Management! I work in a 20 million Revenue start-up now, better corporate culture, better benefit, better pay.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Datstat as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I'm surprise to see the Pros written by another reviewer here. Pretty sure I know who that would be, management doesn't hesitate to trick people in believing this is actually a good company to start your career. the "True Pros" here would be there are always job openings, in result of constant firing. Mostly happens right after summer. A good interview question would be ask them how long had most of the employees been with the company, employees as in people in staff level. If the answer is anywhere more than two years (which would obviously be a lie, I know everybody there), then ask have their career been advanced within these two years or so, more specifically, how many of them moved to management level? (and then just sit back and observe how your interviewer would carry out another lie) Would be an very interesting interview experience.

Cons

No Cons at Dastat? Really? How many characters can I write here? I worked at Datstat for less than half a year, had already observed so much problems with management. From first day of employment, you are provided with no direction, no training, work given is so much different from your job description and you are expected to know exactly what to do. Of course, unsatisfied customers on daily basis, lower level staff get blamed and fired to save the company's reputation. Management never own up to the work, by never I meant not once when I was working there. So Cons, expected to get blamed and expected to get fired. it'll be great to check with Labor department to see number of unemployment cases filed with this company. Statistics would prove my point.

Treat your employees with heart. There's other management styles than Micromanagement.
    And my fellow colleagues, leave Datstat, there's so many companies out there in the market love your talent, want you to think independently. I've been happily employed since leaving Datstat.

An exciting, stimulating, and challenging environment

I have been working at Datstat full-time

Pros

DatStat is filled with intelligent, interesting, and motivated people who care about the company and what it is trying to accomplish.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons of working at DatStat

Datstat Photos

Riding the Ducks!
Team DatStat for the Fremont Briefcase Relay
View from our offices

+ Add Photo

Worked for Datstat? Contribute to the Community!