Daugherty Business Solutions Reviews

Reset
5.0
Daugherty Business Solutions President and CEO Ron Daugherty
Ron Daugherty

Pros
  • Decent pay and work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• When they say " Work Life Balance, they truly mean it with great benefits-their medical is the best in industry (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Daugherty is a staff aug company that tries to sell itself as a consultancy on par with big 4 (in 12 reviews)

• Most of the work in Atlanta is really just staff augmentation work (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Solid company that truly values work/life balance & career growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time

Pros

My experience at Daugherty Business Solutions is good. It is a great place to work. After working at various companies throughout my career you can easily recognize when a company strives and takes the measures of doing things right and keeping their folks happy, and it doesn't become a challenge to write a review on them. It's sort of like when you discover a good restaurant, a gem, and you want all of your friends/colleagues to know about them to experience how good it could be. I've watched how Daugherty does not just talk to the talk but truly walk the walk in how they operate. They say they value work/life balance-check I've seen that here. No travel required with this company. They say they have clear defined career growth plans and allow you to be a driver of your career path- check I've seen it here. There are smart and passionate people all around here at Daugherty that are going after the same goal. On top of that they are people that you can become good friends with.

Cons

Commute is a bit tough but that's anywhere in Atlanta. Luckily, there is some work hours flexibility with that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work you're doing in Atlanta. Continue to have that team collaborative approach.

Daugherty Business Solutions Response

Jul 28, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your kind words! That's exactly what we strive to be in all of our offices, and we're so excited that you've found a great place to work with us. Thanks for your feedback.

Senior Manager

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great People (Attracting top talent from Big 5 consulting ) - Top Clients ( Daugherty works with Many fortune 500 clients) - Work Life Balance (No Travel, no crazy hours) - Great Vision

Cons

- Like any other fast growing consulting firm it may have growing pains in terms f process

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great job

Entrepreneurial atmosphere with lots of personal career growth potential

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Daugherty Atlanta Branch is rapidly expanding. Recent leadership changes created many opportunities for advancement and personal career growth. Culture is very entrepreneurial. It's an environment that is open to change and carving out your own niche. Worth a look if you're a rockstar who's tired of being just another fish in the big pond. Plus, we have great clients in the Atlanta area!

Cons

Trade off of weekly travel for Atlanta traffic/commute. Clients are all over the metro area. Career management is self driven.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Daugherty Business Solutions Response

Jul 28, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

We're glad you're enjoying your time at Daugherty! Thanks for your feedback and for helping us continue to be better as a company.

Quality people, process and tools

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Daugherty has great colleagues that I can work with. They are smart, professional and actually nice. There isn't the cut-throat competitiveness that exists in other consulting firms.

Cons

Vacation has been a challenge but the company rolled out a new PTO policy which should be better.

Advice to Management

Don't tip the balance of focus between Client and Consultant. There seems to be a good balance right now.

Great work life balance, benefits better than national firm and quality of people

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

After working for top 3 consulting firms for over a decade, I decided to make a move to a local model boutique consulting firm "Daugherty", 3 reasons why I true love my career at Daugherty: - When they say " Work Life Balance, they truly mean it with great benefits-their medical is the best in industry - Great clients including list of fortune 500 - Above all they are picking up cream from top consulting firms, so you are surrounded and talented people who value family life, work life and hate big 4 politics

Cons

When you work with any company of its size you are bound to face the following challenges/opportunities to improve: - Not all Policies and Procedures are matured - PTO not too great but frankly speaking even though I had great PTO package in a top consulting firm, I could never take advantage of it anyways.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job and don't give up on the core values of this company as we grow

The best there is.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoy a stead work/life balance while gaining a ton of experience, picking up state of the art skills, expanding your communication skills. Also, the free food & beverages, great peers, social events, and after hours learning opportunities are a plus.

Cons

Client work comes and goes, so you will have to be patient in-between projects. Don't worry though bench-work will keep you busy. ;)

Advice to Management

Negotiating more vacation days would be a HUGE factor to change during the hiring process. *This one perk could spike your retention and prevent talented candidates from accepting other offers. Think about it, 1 or 2 weeks of additional vacation in return for talented candidates that could potentially revolutionize your future business for years to come.

8. Excellent Company

Current Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Lots of opportunities for career growth in the Atlanta Office

Cons

Sometimes a long commute to get to office

Advice to Management

Continue doing what your doing

A great consulting firm to work for

Current Employee - Project/Program Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project/Program Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

One of the key benefits of working at Daugherty is the local business model (no travel). This company is very focused on excellent client delivery and has an excellent reputation. The management team is great to work with and they really want you to succeed. They try very hard to place you in assignments that fit with your career plans. The firm is small enough that you can make a big contribution to the growth and success of the firm, but big enough to have a good portfolio of clients and a growing range of technical and strategic solutions. The health benefits plan is the best around.

Cons

The vesting period for the 401k plan should be reduced.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on treating your employees well. Improve the 401k plan vesting period.

Culture, Aptitude and Growth Opportunity

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

What Daugherty Business Solutions brings to the table is different from most other consulting companies. They are excellence focused - hence the aptitude. They espouse a culture of delivering value - hence making you invaluable to the customer you're consulting for. And they are small enough, and growing rapidly, for you to grow with. They have a welcoming workforce that wants to see you succeed - and they have fun too. Non-existent politics. What more could one ask for.

Cons

Caution! You may become a bit of a nerd here. Translation: you will become very good and versatile in your area.

Advice to Management

Keep up the growth momentum and culture. And keep providing opportunities to your consultants. They're the reason for your success.

Innovative No-Travel Consulting Opportunities in Atlanta

Current Employee - Business Architect in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Architect in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Daugherty is a growing local consulting firm that is focused on making a real difference for clients, while matching their consultants with career growing opportunities. Work-life balance and innovative thinking in the areas of Business Intelligence as well as a defined methodology in business process and analysis make Daugherty an exciting place to work.

Cons

Daugherty is a growing brand in the consulting market. It does not yet carry the name recognition of the Big 4 firms, however the motivation of leadership and caliber of talent will help build that over the coming years.

Advice to Management

Consider the consultant's core strengths AND passions when matching them with roles and opportunities. This will only increase team productivity and dynamics, leading to our shared success!

RSS Feed </> Embed