Daugherty Business Solutions Reviews

Reset
4.3
Daugherty Business Solutions President and CEO Ron Daugherty
Ron Daugherty

Pros
  • Decent pay and work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• When they say " Work Life Balance, they truly mean it with great benefits-their medical is the best in industry (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Daugherty is a staff aug company that tries to sell itself as a consultancy on par with big 4 (in 12 reviews)

• Most of the work in Atlanta is really just staff augmentation work (in 9 reviews)

Entrepreneurial atmosphere with lots of personal career growth potential

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Daugherty Atlanta Branch is rapidly expanding. Recent leadership changes created many opportunities for advancement and personal career growth. Culture is very entrepreneurial. It's an environment that is open to change and carving out your own niche. Worth a look if you're a rockstar who's tired of being just another fish in the big pond. Plus, we have great clients in the Atlanta area!

Cons

Trade off of weekly travel for Atlanta traffic/commute. Clients are all over the metro area. Career management is self driven.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Daugherty Business Solutions Response

Jul 28, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

We're glad you're enjoying your time at Daugherty! Thanks for your feedback and for helping us continue to be better as a company.

Senior Manager

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great People (Attracting top talent from Big 5 consulting ) - Top Clients ( Daugherty works with Many fortune 500 clients) - Work Life Balance (No Travel, no crazy hours) - Great Vision

Cons

- Like any other fast growing consulting firm it may have growing pains in terms f process

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great job

Solid company that truly values work/life balance & career growth

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time

Pros

My experience at Daugherty Business Solutions is good. It is a great place to work. After working at various companies throughout my career you can easily recognize when a company strives and takes the measures of doing things right and keeping their folks happy, and it doesn't become a challenge to write a review on them. It's sort of like when you discover a good restaurant, a gem, and you want all of your friends/colleagues to know about them to experience how good it could be. I've watched how Daugherty does not just talk to the talk but truly walk the walk in how they operate. They say they value work/life balance-check I've seen that here. No travel required with this company. They say they have clear defined career growth plans and allow you to be a driver of your career path- check I've seen it here. There are smart and passionate people all around here at Daugherty that are going after the same goal. On top of that they are people that you can become good friends with.

Cons

Commute is a bit tough but that's anywhere in Atlanta. Luckily, there is some work hours flexibility with that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work you're doing in Atlanta. Continue to have that team collaborative approach.

Daugherty Business Solutions Response

Jul 28, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your kind words! That's exactly what we strive to be in all of our offices, and we're so excited that you've found a great place to work with us. Thanks for your feedback.

Quality people, process and tools

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Daugherty has great colleagues that I can work with. They are smart, professional and actually nice. There isn't the cut-throat competitiveness that exists in other consulting firms.

Cons

Vacation has been a challenge but the company rolled out a new PTO policy which should be better.

Advice to Management

Don't tip the balance of focus between Client and Consultant. There seems to be a good balance right now.

Atlanta Branch headed in the wrong direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Overall the people at Daugherty are great. They are experienced professionals that know their craft. They employees themselves are great and the culture is very easy to assimilate into.

Cons

The leadership in Atlanta has changed over drastically in the last 5 months. The 6 top leaders all left at the same time to start up their own consulting firm, Aspirent, and has left the corporate leadership reaching at straws. So far their idea of fixing and righting the ship is somewhat laughable. They are reverting right back to being a staff augmentation shop where we are bidding on anything and everything just so we can "Grow". This is not what they sold to me. It's obvious to a lot of people that they are looking for "yes" men (women) to step into leadership that they can control from St. Louis. But be wary as it looks like they are firing or forcing out anyone who would object or question anything.

Advice to Management

Encourage people to speak their minds and bring some contrasting ideas to the table. This is how ideas and organizations grow. However, if you want people to just be cheerleaders for your brand and pretend everything is ok when we are hemorrhaging from multiples lines of service and losing business left and right to our competition than please do not do a thing.

7. Employment Review

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great benefits and competitive compensation. Management is concerned about keeping the consultants happy. They really attempt to create a community and overcome the challenges of all the employees being displaced.

Cons

Not really true consulting. Most of the work in Atlanta is really just staff augmentation work. Career path is not clear. The "part time" management structure doesn't really support career growth. Lot of ad hoc busy work. Expectation to participate on multitude of committees on your own time, but not clear value to many of these activities. Most training available only on employee's own time with little company support.

Advice to Management

Better training opportunities. Rationalize the committees to ensure true value proposition. Consider a professional hr person.

Company in Decline

Former Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and competitive salary. They pay overtime. There are some great consultants on the team. Beautiful Atlanta offices. Local delivery model.

Cons

Corporate leadership is incapable of leading or growing this business. After almost 30 years, the company is only 1000 Consultants. The only real Consulting office was Atlanta and the whole leadership team just left, same thing happens in every office about every 5 years. Corporate Leadership drives the best leaders away and then the office collapses and gas to be rebuilt.

Advice to Management

Corporate Management needs to retire and leave the company to the next generation of leaders.

Work/Life Balance + Fair Comp & Ben

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time

Pros

The local consulting model, combined with the focus of a growing but small practice in Atlanta, results in DBS' ability to provide for work life balance above the big 4. Client base is diverse enough to provide for career growth and the chance to work within many industries, combined with a great/clear promotion policy and huge branch growth, it makes it an exciting place to work full of opportunity. Compensation is more than fair, with the chance to receive overtime pay. Benefits are comprehensive and not outlandishly expensive.

Cons

- Time off policies. Everyone starts with a net zero balance on vacation, earning the first ten days at year one. Far less than working in industry, for sure. - Staff augmentation feel at certain clients. While the gap is bridged by office activities, those are typically pro bono hours, and not always enough to make one feel that they are not "Me, Inc." contracted to client through DBS.

Great work life balance, benefits better than national firm and quality of people

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

After working for top 3 consulting firms for over a decade, I decided to make a move to a local model boutique consulting firm "Daugherty", 3 reasons why I true love my career at Daugherty: - When they say " Work Life Balance, they truly mean it with great benefits-their medical is the best in industry - Great clients including list of fortune 500 - Above all they are picking up cream from top consulting firms, so you are surrounded and talented people who value family life, work life and hate big 4 politics

Cons

When you work with any company of its size you are bound to face the following challenges/opportunities to improve: - Not all Policies and Procedures are matured - PTO not too great but frankly speaking even though I had great PTO package in a top consulting firm, I could never take advantage of it anyways.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job and don't give up on the core values of this company as we grow

11. Excellent Company

Current Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Lots of opportunities for career growth in the Atlanta Office

Cons

Sometimes a long commute to get to office

Advice to Management

Continue doing what your doing

RSS Feed </> Embed