Daugherty Business Solutions Reviews

Reset
3.6
Daugherty Business Solutions President and CEO Ron Daugherty
Ron Daugherty

Pros
  • Decent pay and work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• When they say " Work Life Balance, they truly mean it with great benefits-their medical is the best in industry (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Daugherty is a staff aug company that tries to sell itself as a consultancy on par with big 4 (in 12 reviews)

• Most of the work in Atlanta is really just staff augmentation work (in 9 reviews)

Entrepreneurial atmosphere with lots of personal career growth potential

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Daugherty Atlanta Branch is rapidly expanding. Recent leadership changes created many opportunities for advancement and personal career growth. Culture is very entrepreneurial. It's an environment that is open to change and carving out your own niche. Worth a look if you're a rockstar who's tired of being just another fish in the big pond. Plus, we have great clients in the Atlanta area!

Cons

Trade off of weekly travel for Atlanta traffic/commute. Clients are all over the metro area. Career management is self driven.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Jul 28, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

We're glad you're enjoying your time at Daugherty! Thanks for your feedback and for helping us continue to be better as a company.

Senior Manager

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great People (Attracting top talent from Big 5 consulting ) - Top Clients ( Daugherty works with Many fortune 500 clients) - Work Life Balance (No Travel, no crazy hours) - Great Vision

Cons

- Like any other fast growing consulting firm it may have growing pains in terms f process

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great job

DBS @ STL

Current Employee - Project Manager I in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Project Manager I in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Integrated Client & Consultant support, Periodic capability development training and classes after work, Good network.

Cons

Not much presence in TX, NY, NJ. Need to expand client base in STL, ATL & Dallas.

Advice to Management

Little more remuneration increase during annual assessment to match assessment provided can be better.

Jul 28, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review! We'll pass your feedback on to management.

Solid company that truly values work/life balance & career growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time

Pros

My experience at Daugherty Business Solutions is good. It is a great place to work. After working at various companies throughout my career you can easily recognize when a company strives and takes the measures of doing things right and keeping their folks happy, and it doesn't become a challenge to write a review on them. It's sort of like when you discover a good restaurant, a gem, and you want all of your friends/colleagues to know about them to experience how good it could be. I've watched how Daugherty does not just talk to the talk but truly walk the walk in how they operate. They say they value work/life balance-check I've seen that here. No travel required with this company. They say they have clear defined career growth plans and allow you to be a driver of your career path- check I've seen it here. There are smart and passionate people all around here at Daugherty that are going after the same goal. On top of that they are people that you can become good friends with.

Cons

Commute is a bit tough but that's anywhere in Atlanta. Luckily, there is some work hours flexibility with that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work you're doing in Atlanta. Continue to have that team collaborative approach.

Jul 28, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your kind words! That's exactly what we strive to be in all of our offices, and we're so excited that you've found a great place to work with us. Thanks for your feedback.

Consultant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management allows consultants to work independently and with minimal interference Excellent benefits Nice quarterly meetings and annual parties where we are tod about the goals of the company to be a Billion $$ company very quickly

Cons

Chicago office has only 1 major client and when that client has a hiccup, major layoffs occurred on May 19, 2015 Lack of a sales force is hurting this branch

Advice to Management

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Business Analyst

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Solid company with good leadership

Cons

President is more interested in his extra curricular activities than the company

run away....don't walk away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

great benefits good PTO package nice people

Cons

unstable work environment. incompetent management and senior management. no work . no communication. no understanding of technology. It's just a body shop, or Project managers and business analysts. They have no idea what they are doing in Chicago office. Layoffs abound, let 25 % of the workers go 2 weeks ago on May 19th. I was there for a few months, and people coming in after me were getting laid off and losing their jobs. They say its' a local delivery model when interviewing, and company makes a commitment to the workers, then force people to travel to other cities and massive layofss and instability, in direct contradiction of what they say during the interview. Don't believe anything you hear from these people who run the chicago office.

Advice to Management

Fire yourself. Learn what the technology space is that you are in. Do not hire people only to lay them off 2 weeks later. shame on you.

Solid Company Overall

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time

Pros

lots of great opportunities to grow

Cons

they expect you to spend a significant amount of your personal time with work related tasks.

Jul 28, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad that you are enjoying your time at Daugherty, and we'll pass along your feedback to our management team.

Growing Company Acting as a Family-Owned Business

Pros

The consultant team are really fun people. Daugherty has a good reputation at the client sites. I guess it doesn't look bad on your resume. There is a bench. So, if you are between projects, you will get a paycheck (please note that this is reflected in your salary). Good work/life balance. You get paid overtime (even though it is few and far between)

Cons

Daugherty is ok. However, I feel the need to level-set expectations and debunk the recruiting spiel. During the interview process, you will hear a lot about the Daugherty culture - lots of training, plenty of support from other Daugherty consultants, and a family-like atmosphere. First, training. Training opportunities that are evening "classes" and lunch and learns. The quality of these sessions greatly depend on the attendees and their willingness to open their mouths. The presenter will not have any answers to the questions and more than likely is reading from presentation notes. Verbatim. Many times I have wondered why I am there if I can just read the presenter notes. Support from Daugherty. Your line of service will be clueless about what is going on at your client site and may not answer any of your questions. Your team leader will more than likely be clueless because the appropriate processes and procedures haven't been thought through and disseminated. Your team members will be equally clueless because the team leader isn't providing any guidance. You are lucky if you know who to go to, but don't get your hopes up for an answer. Family like atmosphere is nice. But lets be real, there are 400+ employees in the St. Louis area alone. Family-like atmosphere has been thrown out a long time ago. If senior leadership doesn't "know" you, you will miss out on prime opportunities. Think about it, your career and your potential placements are put in the hands of a room full of people who only know your name and a few sentences about you. It can make a difference between mind-numbing projects and something more fulfilling. Leadership - seems to be stuck in the mid 20th century. Lack of ethnic/racial/gender diversity. It has become very clear that the organization isn't equipped to handle or even understand issues of diversity. Because of that, they don't even try. There are not very many women in positions of power or minority representation within the organization. If women are in management, it is more from a administrative aspect and not key decision makers. Yes. I know that Ron's wife works there, but why isn't she leading an affinity group for the women consultants? It really is the "old boys club" at Daugherty. Thank goodness that they are making strides in getting rid of some of the more heinous senior leadership! This not true consulting. It is staff augmentation. Don't come in thinking that you will make follow any type of management consulting model. You will do all of the manual processes that the client doesn't want to do. Depending on the client, it can be mind-numbing. If you are joining the BA line of service, please be prepared to be the low man on the totem pole. You will do the work that the Project Managers are supposed to do, but are incapable, too lazy or too arrogant to do. You will never hear from a project manager until the client informs them that a date or a deliverable is missed. There was someone who didn't have a clue what was supposed to be delivered. Never in my life have I seen this. Not proactive project management at all. A well-paid secretary. Must be nice. None of the senior leadership will respect your work products, the work that you do and it will be reflected in your promotion opportunities. The annual assessment process is a beast. I saw a sample with 20 pages of fluff. I'm sure it worked well when the company was smaller, but again...400+ employees. It needs to be revisited and improved. Also, I refuse to believe that everyone is going through the same interviewing process. I truly believe that some people are given soft ball interviews because senior level people have no clue what they should be doing. It is amazing. I have observed senior-level, aged consultants who don't understand the basics of Business Analysis, project managers who don't understand that they should at least understand the objective of the project so that they can determine the resources needed and lead the team discussions.

Advice to Management

Get serious about the company. You talk the talk. Now it is time to start walking. Stop treating your employees as if they are bodies in a seat. Be clear and transparent in how to get ahead within in the organization and opportunities. Stop preventing your employees from expressing or contributing ideas to help the organization grow. Start encouraging affinity groups within the organization. You know something outside of the golf outings, running clubs, cycling clubs, and beer drinking. Also, stop looking at titles and lines of service and evaluate your employees based upon their skills and experience. As consultants we should all be able to go into a client site and perform any role. You limit yourself by not knowing what you have in terms of human capital.

Growing IT consulting and business advisory firm.

Current Employee - Principal
    Current Employee - Principal

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions

Pros

Competitive pay. Entrepreneurial environment. Encourages and supports training. Promotions based on performance. Attuned to market place developments. Attracts other talented people. Strong team culture. Small company feel. Big company benefits.

Cons

Recruiting interview process is not consistent leading to some poor hires. Promotions are inconsistent with some some individuals contributing less than others but still getting promoted. Salaries are inconsistent with some more senior, higher performing employees making less than more junior, lower performing employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed