Dave Sinclair Ford

1 Review
2.0
1 Review

John Sinclair

Not bad at first, but quickly became stale (the rules changed every day for the people at the bottom).

Former Employee - Mechanic  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Mechanic in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Dave Sinclair Ford full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A union dealership. Pay for top tier mechanics and service advisors very good if you can get in. Also have employee d-plan pricing for employees (for new cars and trucks) and family of employees, a big plus if you can afford it. Most holidays were paid and you got off.

Cons

If you are not upper management or a service advisor, the job has some serious drawbacks. I worked there for over five years and found that the helpers, porters, or cashiers get paid significantly lower than them (management, service advisors, and parts counterpersons) and physically do much more. I was paid flat rate (by the job) and experienced significant cuts in labor times (sometimes as much as 50%) and was shown no empathy when injured. I was forced to work through lunch breaks periodically when an advisor wrote up a wait ticket, and working in the shop on 100 degree days was common place with no air conditioning. Aslo, management would reserve service advisor jobs for their friends, instead of on their merits and experience in the automotive field (a lot of favoritism was shown).
    Since it is a family owned dealership, the best jobs (highest paying) were reserved for family members, and people with years of experience and seniority were pushed aside. Overall, even though I got yearly pay raises with the contract, my overall yearly pay from my W-2 statements went down through the years because of the pay cuts, even though I kept up with the training and had exerted tremendous effort.

It doesn't take that much effort to be nice to somebody and to hand out jobs fairly. Try not to act like a ranting pyschopath; I will never buy anything from there, and redirect busisness to other places.

Worked for Dave Sinclair Ford? Contribute to the Community!