Dave & Buster's

www.daveandbusters.com

Dave & Buster's Reviews in Milpitas, CA

Updated May 21, 2014
Dave & Buster's – “Front Desk”

Dave & Buster's CEO and CFO Steve King

Steve King

Pros
  • I worked in the corporate office and it was a fun environment(in 8 reviews)

• Good money for sure, but has steadily decreased since the remodel(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, no appreciation for work done(in 6 reviews)

• Schedule has been adapted to 28 hours per week to cut insurance from employees before ObamaCare starts in 2014(in 4 reviews)

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Working at Dave & Buster's is OK

Front Desk/Host (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsCo-workers were very chill (especially the servers)

ConsManagement does a poor job of scheduling and training its employees, so you're always put in a difficult situation. Also, as a host, you don't get breaks, especially if you're working on a weekend night when it is packed.

"Like an adult Chuck-E-Cheese!"

Waitstaff/Bartender (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsIf you're good at waitstaff / bartending you could easily make $60 to $200 a day (pending time of day and weekend) take home THAT day, including your pay at the end of the 2 weeks which averages around $200.

ConsIf you can come to work, not deal with employee drama, and somehow manage to not merge your private parts with your co-workers you will have a pretty okay time here. These guys know how to party.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the improvements on the place! It's looking good!

They Eat and Play, you work all day.

Anonymous (Current Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsPotential to make good tips if you really want it.

ConsLong hours, no appreciation for work done. Open 365 without regard to personal life outside of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of caring only about making money, care about the people working day in and out for you. Without them, you don't have a business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK

Winner Circle Staff (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsThe people are fun to work with, but working long hours sucks not making any tips.

ConsWinner's Circle. I feel we did the most, tiring (retail) work and didn't recieve any acknowledgment. Tried to move up as a server, but wouldn't let me.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job, but more communication with your employees.

Longer shifts than any other restaurant job I've had...ever.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsCash in your pocket at the end of every shift (if you don't work an AM shift).

ConsInflexible shift changes, low morale, lack of encouragement.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprovement of interpersonal skills, morale, and personal emergencies.

Senior Operations Manager

Manager (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsDedicated hourly staff, great team work among hourly staff, hourly staff make the company.

ConsLong hours, averaging 70 hour work week, lack of growth opportunities, quick burn out rate among managers. No life work balance at all.

My experience at Dave and Busters was memorable and not necessarily a good thing.

Server (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsTons of hours considering its open late.

ConsEverything about this place was run horribly wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of you are idiots.

Worked for Dave & Buster's? Contribute to the Community!