Dave & Buster's

Updated September 25, 2014
2.7

Dave & Buster's CEO and CFO Steve King
Steve King

Pros
  • I worked in the corporate office and it was a fun environment (in 8 reviews)

• Good money for sure, but has steadily decreased since the remodel (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, no appreciation for work done (in 8 reviews)

• Employees are told that they can't work over 28 hours because of the Affordable Care Act that was passed by President Obama (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Ok

Former Employee - Server  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Server in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Dave & Buster's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Not too bad. Pretty much a standard job. Nothing great, nothing all too terrible.

Cons

Sometimes medium bad. But not really all that often, for a service job. Overall, not that many cons, pretty chill.

Limit the medium bad moments. Otherwise, pretty solid, folks.

An alright place to make some extra money while in season and has its flexibility of schedule.

Current Employee - Wait Staff  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Wait Staff in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Dave & Buster's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pretty good money when it's not summer time (everyone wants to be outside and many mods options for families other than dave and busters). Fall winter and early spring we get pretty busy on the weekends. It can get a little ghetto sometimes as we are are close to a big city. Tips very from nothing to a rich family leaving you 100 bucks (rarely). It's reasonable to expect 100-200 a shift. Other than money they offer benefits as well as very flexible availability (as long as it's not in the heart of busy season)

Cons

Can be ghetto. Slow dieting the week when kids are in school. Managers are in professional and so not tub the Conant efficiently at times. Hourly pay sucks. Sometimes we will not be busy at all but management week keep 5 servers on the floor just to abuse their power, not sure why. Open 365 days a year :( long long hours on your feet when busy with no break to eat.

Need to really make sure your managers know how to properly run a business...and when to cut the floor down to an appropriate amount of wait staff. Too many times we are understaffed running around and forced to take tables, our managers will not put us on a wait as long as tables are still available and we are forced to gI've terrible service. Other times they will leave many servers on the floor when we have only 2 tables in the d.r for 2 hours straight. The workers can't seem to win sometines. Fix thus and things would be a lot better!

!Wasn't to bad

Former Employee - Server  in  Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Orange, CA

I worked at Dave & Buster's part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Depending on what you do at Dave & Busters such as serving and bartending you can make a pretty nice amount of tips at the end of the day. Also has a pretty good happy hour. that STAFF is what make D&B great. you can make life long friends here. People from all walks of like are welcome. Most Managers are pretty chill".

Cons

Stressful working conditions at night. Friday - Sundays and be so very slow at first but it will whip you in shape really quick. Management has "some" crazy mood swings. Favoritism is practically re created here. Most the issues really can come down to is gossiping which tends to cause a lot of internal damage to staff and Management.

Being more supportive to staff issues weather its emotional or conflict in the buildings. Rebuild the culture it's beyond clear that it's been lost or no one believes anymore.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

More Money, More Problems.

Current Employee - Front Desk/Host  in  Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Front Desk/Host in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Dave & Buster's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The start pay is decent compared to most jobs in today's day that don't pay more than $8/hr ( in GA).

Cons

Dealing with rude customers that have got their pockets raped by the over priced food and games gets annoying.

Background check all management and make sure they are capable of handling all sorts of situations.

Great fun

Current Employee - Server  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Server in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Dave & Buster's part-time for more than a year

Pros

high checks, good tips which means money

Cons

hard guests, which means you could loose money

they are always there to help

Warm Enivironment

Current Employee - Ticket Clerk
    Current Employee - Ticket Clerk

I have been working at Dave & Buster's part-time

Pros

Very relaxed management, Always willing to give a hand and help with disgruntle enviornment

Cons

sometimes stressful environment, not to many chances to have breaks

Busser

I have been working at Dave & Buster's

Pros

I love reciving the Tips

Cons

Late hrs is bad though

Don't waste your time

I have been working at Dave & Buster's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Not many short of them feeding you on holidays- and yes, you work 365 days/year

Cons

Schedule can change many times in 1 week- they don't care if you have school or another job, they'll purposely over lap time and fire you if you try to end your shift at it's scheduled time. There's days where you can be scheduled until midnight but if they decide there's too much work, you can be there until 3 am. Also preach it's a fun place- behind the scenes, there are no smiles. their "you got it" answer is fine until you point out a safety/legality issue.

Stop allowing transfers. The transfer staff are the problem.

good money bad managment

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Dave & Buster's part-time for less than a year

Pros

money is good especially during party season, shifts are easy to come by

Cons

bad hours on weekends, management was not competent i.e. usually unavailable, couldn't schedule/hire right people, etc..

communicate better on scheduling

Do not work here

Current Employee - Front Desk/Host  in  Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Front Desk/Host in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Dave & Buster's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast Pace
    Free soda
    Free meals on occasion

Cons

Poor management
    Long Hours
    Never leave on time
    Hardly get breaks when it is required by company policy
    New rules every week

There is a lot to say...
    The managers favorite their employees and treat the rest like crap.
    If you do become a manager, which is rare because they would rather hire new people instead of promoting, they will move you to a different location so you don't favorite employees, but that still happens.
    Management needs to all be on the same page and understand the rules of the company because it seems like every manager has their own rules.
    They also need to treat their employees with more respect, that is why most of your employees quit without notice.

Dave & Buster's Photos

Front Desk

+ Add Photo

Worked for Dave & Buster's? Contribute to the Community!