Dave & Buster's

www.daveandbusters.com

Dave & Buster's Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Dave & Buster's – “Front Desk”

Dave & Buster's CEO and CFO Steve King

Steve King

Pros
  • I worked in the corporate office and it was a fun environment(in 8 reviews)

• Good money for sure, but has steadily decreased since the remodel(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, no appreciation for work done(in 6 reviews)

• there was a lack of communication between managers and so we were told to do things multiple different ways and it caused confusion(in 3 reviews)

It's a place to work

Prosoccasionally make what I would like to

Conslack of communication between managers and people on the floor

Advice to Senior ManagementIn house managers need to listen to their employee's more often. There is a atmosphere of we are never wrong and don't question us that leads to a major divide between the hourly employees and management.

OK company to work.

Accounting (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat health benefits. 401K match, holiday parties and gift give aways. Company does invest in technology and try to create a positive work place. Free parking. Catered lunches. Team sports, team building.

ConsManagement stays in company for 20+ years, no way to move up, easier to move on. Promotions/hires are based on education degree NOT on ability to do the actual work. Laid back atmosphere allows some bad tempered leaders to say cruel things as if they are being sarcastic.

Advice to Senior ManagementA more competitive salary would encourage staff to stay, positive leadership would create an environment where solutions would be made, hire more staff for the growing amount of stores opening each year. Please enforce procedures so that one person not following means everyone quits following. Change the "work hard, play hard" motto to "work so hard there is no time to play."

Fun, but disorganized

Front Desk/Host (Former Employee)

ProsI got to work with a lot of young people, young managers, in a fun environment. The job isn't difficult and there is always good music playing and games to play.

ConsManagement was disorganized. Often times we wouldn't get to take breaks. It was difficult to get hours. They were intent on keeping everyone under 30 hours a week so that we all qualified as part-time. there was a lack of communication between managers and so we were told to do things multiple different ways and it caused confusion.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut together a better system for requesting days off and scheduling employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Coworkers Saved My Experience

Midway Technician (Current Employee)

ProsMy coworkers are also friendly and open-minded. If you like a job where you get to work with your hands a lot, improving your knowledge with tools and electrical work, and once in awhile blow off some steam on some arcade games, this is the place for you.

ConsManagers have superiority complexes, many times when they make mistakes they just blame it on the workstaff. The guests can sometimes be intolerable. Also they have made it so that almost everyone is part-time, but they also refuse to hire more people to lighten the workload. It is almost impossible to move up, and the GM thinks he can do whatever he wants. He's even said multiple times that everyone is replaceable..

I wish they would have stayed with some of the more classic arcade games instead of cycling them out for new ones. I would much rather play the classic PacMan game instead of this new 4 player PacMan Battle Royale.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe hire some new managers that actually care about the employees.

family environment!

Front Desk/Host (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosopen minded staff, flexible time off as long as you let your supervisors know in advance. employee comp meals

Conslong exhausting hours, running around towards the evening

Advice to Senior Managementnone. overall good staff of people!

I made some great friends!

Server/Cocktail (Former Employee) Westminster, CO

ProsThe best part about going to work was that everyone acted like family and got along great! I made a lot of great friends!

ConsIf the management wasn't in a good mood, it was hard for you to stay in a good mood. The always told us to leave our problems at the door but they never followed their own rules.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to realize that they chose this career and freaking out over the millionth food mod for the night isn't going to solve the problem. Shake it off and encourage the rest of the team to be great! Better moods = better money!

Working at Dave & Buster's is OK

Front Desk/Host (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsCo-workers were very chill (especially the servers)

ConsManagement does a poor job of scheduling and training its employees, so you're always put in a difficult situation. Also, as a host, you don't get breaks, especially if you're working on a weekend night when it is packed.

An adult atmosphere with childish management

Captain (Current Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsFun place to work at. Co-workers are amazing and the pay is decent for a part time worker

ConsIf you are looking for full time this is not the place for you. Management sucks and I can not stand them

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together they lack consistency

"Like an adult Chuck-E-Cheese!"

Waitstaff/Bartender (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsIf you're good at waitstaff / bartending you could easily make $60 to $200 a day (pending time of day and weekend) take home THAT day, including your pay at the end of the 2 weeks which averages around $200.

ConsIf you can come to work, not deal with employee drama, and somehow manage to not merge your private parts with your co-workers you will have a pretty okay time here. These guys know how to party.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the improvements on the place! It's looking good!

Terrible management

ProsThe people I work with are great.

ConsAt any given time certain managers are disrespectful and will yell at you in front of co-workers and customers. A lot of people have quit because of this.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the managers that are hurting morale

Worked for Dave & Buster's? Contribute to the Community!