David Lerner Associates

David Lerner Associates Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

David Lerner

Great Compnay to work for. I highly reccomend

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Income potential with uncapped commission

ConsA bit difficult to build up your book of business when new to the industry

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Randy Aaronson specifically is an amazing manager.

Hope Lerner Leaves.

Investment Counselor (Current Employee)

ProsGood people. Very nice people. Afraid to tell David to leave.

ConsDavid can't shut his mouth. Poor little rich man. They are always picking on him. Boo hoo. Needs to leave company. He built up the company and he will tear it down.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoose Lerner.

Sales and Marketing

Sales Analyst (Former Employee) Syosset, NY

ProsGreat family like environment, good fun people.

ConsYou have to work hard to succeed

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Big Fan!

Senior Vice President IC (Current Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsMy clients are the winners! I am so happy to be a part of this company. This type of job requires hard work and time to build your business. I believe that we offer a full range of investment and insurance products. We are unique in our investment philosophy and it works! My family is very important and management does a great job of being inclusive!

ConsFails to use technology to the fullest. Antiquated Systems. I believe that management and a sampling of the sales team should drive the innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! As happy as I am.. we can always do better. I think we should upgrade our systems internally and also give our clients the ability to opt out of paper statements.

They care about me!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Syosset, NY

ProsDLA believes in promoting from within. Contributions are recognized, and there is a team mentality. The medium size allows you to be visible and important in what you do. There is a great family feeling here.

ConsThe main office is not near any kind of "life". If you want after work social life, this may not be the place for you.

Family-run firm that treats you like family.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Syosset, NY

ProsI can honestly say I've never worked with nicer people. There is a sense that you are a person first and an employee second. Perks such as the holiday party, summer BBQ, bagel Friday's etc. show appreciation. Loyal to long-time employees.

ConsRegional size company lacks some of the large, national company benefits in vacation, health insurance etc. Corporate dress code means you better like wearing a tie.

Hard work, a lot of hours, but highly rewarding

Investment Counselor (Current Employee) Syosset, NY

ProsOnce you get your book of business going, the job is very rewarding both monetarily and mentally. You really get peace of mind when you help a client achieve a financial goal. Work at your own pace and set your own hours. The work environment is easy going and fun.

ConsSome negative media lately makes the job tougher than it should be. To be successful, you need to be willing work a 50 hour week at least. It can be difficult to get family time on week days, especially if you have kids.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore making decisions that affect your producers, ask for their feedback first and take that in to consideration. Don't be afraid to get outside opinions and look outside of the company for talent.

Ok place, but hard to get started, demanding production, with limited productts to offer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Teaneck, NJ

Prosdecent salary to get you started while trying to build a book of business, ok training to send you out to pound the pavement

Conslimited number of products to offer
    low commission payouts until you're amongst the top production levels,
    misleading statements by top management

Advice to Senior Managementget additional products to sell, someone tell David Lerner to stop talking so much. Monday morning meetings go on too long with little or no new information to often.

An excellent place to work

Online Marketing (Current Employee)

ProsThe company has a real team feeling. It is family-owned and run and that feeling pervades. Last year (2011) they won an award for being the 6th best place to work in NY State. That's not too shabby!

ConsI don't have any complaints

Limited Long Term Potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey'll pay you to get your license

ConsLimited products
    Training is focused on sale techniques not products
    Have to battle to constantly negative press and internet blogs

Worked for David Lerner Associates? Contribute to the Community!