David's Bridal

Updated March 4, 2015
Updated March 4, 2015
2.6

Pamela B. Wallack

Pros
  • Working with brides to make their wedding dreams come true (in 10 reviews)

• Helping a bride find her wedding dress is such a great experience (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Becoming full time was very rare and that was the only way to receive benefits (in 23 reviews)

• They only hire part time with commision (which is a hit or miss) (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

1. Featured Review

Great Corporate Environment

I have been working at David's Bridal

Pros

perks, feel appreciated, company parties and picnics, onsite gym etc,,

Cons

Sometimes cliques, there is not always great interdepartmental communication

Easy Job!

Current Employee - Junior Stylist in Morrow, GA
    Current Employee - Junior Stylist in Morrow, GA

I have been working at David's Bridal

Pros

You get to walk around and give opinions based on your personal style.

Cons

A lot of customers come in and only want to play dress-up and not buy anything.. then you're stuck putting back tons of heavy dresses.

Mixed feelings all through!!

Former Employee - Senior Stylist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Stylist in San Diego, CA

I worked at David's Bridal part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Boost your resume if u need it, can go to school and work here comfortably. The moment they find the dress and the clients actually appreciates you for your hard work.

Cons

Managers are nice but nicer to stylist that sells more making others feel like they dont deserve to be there, doesn't really make u feel like coming to work they give the best brides who might pay more to those stylist because they don't want to loose money, and in that order. hours are low ...pay is very low ....cant pay the bills with it,not good for long term its honestly a partime job you can be let off at anytime if u don't sell or make your sales goal which they keep increasing. We work way too hard for the change we get paid with all those heavy dresses we carry.

We your stylist can't shove dresses down people's throats if they don't want it there is nothing we can do....if we convince them to buy a dress out of the desperation of wanting to keep our jobs you complain we are too agressive. Take it easy on your managers your attitude towards them reflects on us all!!

Overall great experience

Former Employee - Seamstress and Alts Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at David's Bridal part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Always something different and great learning environment with teamwork.

Cons

Working with commision based females can be a challenge sometimes

Reinforce what an employee's nitty gritty jobs entail i.e. cleaning bathrooms

David's Bridal was a cool place to work overall and the brides made it fun

Former Employee - Wedding Consultant
    Former Employee - Wedding Consultant

I worked at David's Bridal part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You got to work with awesome brides and help them feel their most gorgeous

I learned a ton about fabrics, dress construction and fit

I definitely improved my confidence as a seller and learned to keep a clientele book

Cons

The bridal business is busiest from January to about June, so you're either bored outside of those months hoping for a walk-in appointment, or you're so busy that you barely have time to eat

Sometimes you have to have two brides at a time and this can be stressful. I felt bad making one bride wait while I was with the other bride

The commission rate is hard to make when you're part time so you often just get minimum wage

Every once in a while you get a 'bridezilla' or a 'momzilla'

Give sales goals more frequently so consultants know what they're expected to achieve

Be more involved with training new hires instead of letting other consulates train them

Such a great job!

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant

I worked at David's Bridal part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Loved the girls I worked with. Friends for life!

Cons

Hard to plan ahead commission based paychecks.

interesting place

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at David's Bridal

Pros

easy work enviroment, good team

Cons

boring, trouble customer, miscommunication, slow pace

not much, better training for beginners?

average

Former Employee - Alterations Specialist in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Alterations Specialist in Green Bay, WI

I worked at David's Bridal

Pros

Employees get a discount on their purchases

Cons

new employees never get trained-they have a figure it out concept, employees are always complaining about hours within the company

It is exciting to be a part of such a special day.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at David's Bridal

Pros

People coming in to the store are there for a reason, it's a destination store. This company doesn't want you to be high pressure sales people, so you can create that fun warm environment that makes a person want to buy from you. I felt the benefits were really great and compensation for management was fair.

Cons

The wedding stylists don't make very much money in a low volume store, so hiring was very difficult to find good associates. The company preaches accountability and leadership but then will write up their managers so fast for doing so.

Upper management was very controlling, they didn't let the store managers have as much freedom as they need to control their own business. Upper management does not stand behind their store management teams.

Love customers, hate everything else

Current Employee - Stylist in North Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Stylist in North Little Rock, AR

I have been working at David's Bridal

Pros

You get to help these happy brides pick out the gowns of their dreams. This is a very happy and important time in their lives and they trust you to play a great role in it!

Cons

Pay is awful! I feel as though if I can make your company $10,000 in a pay period, I should benefit more than $551 after taxes. Total rip off. Too much work for way too little pay. They expect you to clean, straighten, go without lunch, work with multiple brides etc all for little pay. Holidays aren't paid any extra, but yet they feel the need to be open! I was a part of the top sales people for the region selling $275,000 in merchandise for a year and the only thing I received was a pack of business cards, a cheap black tote with db on the front of it and a stinking pin to put on my clothes. Why not a BONUS CHECK? Horrible horrible horrible. I dreaded going into work!

Treat all workers with respect, not just management. See how far you would get with just managers working.