David's Bridal

Updated December 11, 2014
Updated December 11, 2014
2.6

Pamela B. Wallack

Pros
  • Working with brides to make their wedding dreams come true (in 10 reviews)

• Helping a bride find her wedding dress is such a great experience (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Becoming full time was very rare and that was the only way to receive benefits (in 23 reviews)

• They only hire part time with commision (which is a hit or miss) (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

perfect job for the fun & creative!

I worked at David's Bridal

Pros

So much fun! Everyday was something new to look forward to. There's a lot of energy there & for someone who likes to stay busy, it was a great job. It felt like the day flew by but looking back, you accomplished a lot within a few hours.

Cons

Brides can be moody and wedding day is something people look forward to their whole lives, it can be very stressful if something goes wrong and working at Davids bridal you have to be compassionate but have thick skin.

Gained great industry experience, but work/life balance was not a priority

Former Employee - Merchandise Planner in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Merchandise Planner in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at David's Bridal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

relatively small home office staff, so there is a great opportunity to learn and have an impact.

Cons

lots of management turnover, so communication and consistency in core values are challenging

there is different management in place since the time I worked there, so I'm not sure how things are potentially being run differently now

Mixed. The early years were very good, but then an entire new management team came in and tried to do too much.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay for someone as young as I am. Weekly pay. Very flexible hours, especially for students.

Cons

Very stressful work environment. Pressured to hit certain sales goals. Goals are unrealistic. Completely incompetent managers (some). Coworkers aren't the brightest. Managers are not on the same page with certain policies (ex. dress code).

Sales goals are unrealistic. Take time to train employees correctly instead of throwing them in the pool after 2 weeks, especially for CSRs. More organization is crucially needed. Employees need particular departments that they are assigned to. Instead of having one person doing everything, have several people attack different parts of a task.

Great experiences awful district leadership

Current Employee - Store Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at David's Bridal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great relationships with customers and rewarding experiences

Cons

Poor district leadership. If they don't like you they will look for any reason to fire you even if you are a top producer

Don't tick off your DM

Irritating customers and very pushy management

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at David's Bridal

Pros

Most of the girls I worked with were very nice and friendly, the assistant managers were great as well. The pay is decent for working at a retail company.

Cons

The head manager was polite but wouldn't go out of her way for anyone. When asking time off, it was rarely given even with months notice. Also I was hired during bridal Christmas which is the craziest 4 months of the year, by the end of the shift you were exhausted, by all of the anxious on edge brides and their family. Due to working with people who are dealing with a very stressful time in their life, they will lash out on you A LOT!

Make yourself more accessible and give proper training especially for the CSR's. Also foam mats behind the podium or cash registers would be a blessing.

Treat all employees fair and with respect

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at David's Bridal (more than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing brides, and customers. Makes your day feeling like you made someones day special.

Cons

Having to deal with so much drama within the company.

I do believe that ALL management needs to punch in and out. Seems to be so many that take advantage of this. All days off should be equal between management. All management need to be treated as equal, most management in some locations have been with the company just as long as others. The pay needs to be reevaluated, no managers should be receiving the same pay as consultants. The managers (as they should) have so much more responsibility's then the consultants. The pay should reflect the importance of great management in the company.

Love My Job (:

Current Employee - Junior Stylist in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Junior Stylist in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get to share personal experience with Bride and it's nice to be apart of the day that little girls dream about.

Cons

There's nothing negative about Davids bridal .

Sales Consultant/Stylist

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Southaven, MS
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Southaven, MS

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time (less than an year)

Pros

1)flexible hours 2)build relationships with customers 3)knowledge of bridal inventory and special occasion attire 4) experience in sales

Cons

1)pressure to meet productivity 2)you will have to learn all jobs (CSR) 3)occasional bridezilla

My manager pressures me, in particular to meet productivity. During the holiday months before bridal christmas are really slow unless you have had clients whose weddings are during these months. Therefore it is much harder for new stylist to meet productivity ($140/hours worked) in Davids Bridal values we are encouraged to build long lasting relationships with customers. Train managers to honor these values versus just pushing sales.

A fun part time job.

Former Employee - Wedding Consultant in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Wedding Consultant in Asheville, NC

I worked at David's Bridal part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great environment and work staff! So much fun to play dress up all day!

Cons

The company does NOT want to pay you commission. I always hit my goals and quotas. I was always within the top three within the store; however my check was always the same. The pay plan "ladder" system used was crooked, and could always be manipulated to pay you less.

Change the pay plan. The work environment was awesome!

Mixed feelings, always debating should I stay or should I go....

Current Employee - Alterations Manager
    Current Employee - Alterations Manager

I have been working at David's Bridal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement within the company if you show interest. Networking on a vertical level is surprisingly easy. Excellent benefits IF you're full time.

Cons

As a manager, I am only treated like one when they need someone to blame. It may be due to my younger age, but my tenure and past experience with the company SHOULD cancel that out. Very much like high school cliques, you have to be buddy buddy and fake with people to stay in the loop, EVEN in the management circle.

Work on better training for new employees, as well as your 'trickling down' of information. Instead of "beautifying" your store, work on educating your staff and updating their ancient everyday information handling systems.