David's Bridal

www.davidsbridal.com

David's Bridal Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
David's Bridal – “Bridal Stage”

Pamela B. Wallack

Pros
  • Working with brides to make their wedding dreams come true(in 7 reviews)

• It is a fun work environment--making dreams come true every day(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Only management is full time everything else is part time(in 22 reviews)

• They only hire part time with commision (which is a hit or miss)(in 19 reviews)

Great place!

ProsManagement is fantastic, getting to see lots of people, and great co-workers.

ConsNot always getting a break, commission based.

Great pay, and alot of hard work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat leadership and benefits. Pay was great for the retail industry

ConsVery high stress level with demanding customers.

CSR

ProsFast pace
    Competitive pay
    Friendly working environment

ConsHetic but doable
    Stuck in one location

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key for handeling with bridal and non bridal customers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast paced environment with great co-workers

Stylist (Current Employee) Johnson City, TN

ProsGreat working environment! Brides are happy to be trying on wedding dresses, and (at least at my location) the management and my peers were absolutely amazing. No gossiping policy. Everyone got along. I hit the highest commission rank fairly consistently, which paid about ~$17-$18 per hour. My managers were very helpful with working with my schedule while I was in school.

ConsOn your feet all day. Harder to hit high commission in the less traffic heavy times of the year. The occasional dissatisfied mother of the bride.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe considerate of brides who come in and want to try on dresses, but have very low budgets.

Fun yet challenging job. Emotionally and physically demanding.

Alteration's Customer Service Representative, Junior Stylist, Customer Service Representative, and Consultant (Former Employee) Richfield, MN

ProsThe employees I had were incredible. Its a very high energy atmosphere and a very social atmosphere as well. There are many great customers that come in and are very happy and cheerful and they make working there a wonderful experience and it makes you proud to be helping them find stuff for their/their friend's/daughters wedding. Plus you get 25% off employee discount of any of the merchandise there.

ConsSome of the customers can be hard to handle. Being 17 years old and very sensitive, I had a hard time being yelled at by customers for things I didn't do such as a dress coming in late or delivered wrong, or etc. It can become very high stress at some points and it can be pretty hard to know how to diffuse some situations.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe patient with your employees and try to hire more people to either take groups or clean up (Like junior stylists during the winter) to make the consultants job slightly less stressful.

No idea what they are doing

Director (Former Employee) Conshohocken, PA

ProsWorking in the bridal industry you really do have an opportunity to make someone's dreams come true. I spent over a decade with this company and on numerous occasions watched a bride and her family cry with tears of joy when she found "the gown" ... sounds a little sappy I know, but it really is a magical moment.

ConsIt would be very easy for my review to come across as sour grapes from a disgruntled former employee. As noted above, I had over ten years with the Company before leaving voluntarily to accept another opportunity. After over a decade in a director level position I put a lot into helping to build David's, the last thing I would want to see is for the Company to fail. It is a shame because the current management team is running the Company into the ground. They let go of anyone in leadership with any tenure. This is not a group that values or respects people. They will,see you as a cog in the machine, no more, no less.

Negative environment and poor management

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsMost of the customers are friendly, easy to get hired

ConsRude management, forced to push credit cards and products brides don't want, told to turn away customers regularly, given very few hours despite promises from management to the contrary. Company and management state they want superior customer service, but anything to make customer's shopping experience more pleasant is looked down on. The working environment was so negative I had no energy to do anything after my 3 hour shift!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make promises to give employees hours when you know you can not keep them. Don't hire more employees when you are unable to provide enough hours for the ones you have. The bulk of the training had nothing to do with how to do the job; instead, it focused on propaganda about "helping" brides by giving hard sales pitches for unwanted credit cards. Lastly, don't encourage representatives to be rude, turn away customers, hang up on phone calls, and generally provide bad service.

Sale consultant

ProsGreat work atmosphere, manager was very nice

Conslow pay, little contact with upper management and no room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more and people would be more inclined to stay.

Lack of communication

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Brea, CA

ProsCoworkers are amazing and supportive. You have the potential to learn a lot about the bridal industry and develop good relationships with brides.

ConsManagement lacks communication. My schedule was very inconsistent. You're pretty much on your own when it comes to training. The materials and information they give you does not begin to cover what you're going to be doing. Each shift I was learning something significant that was taught to me by a coworker. If you're seeking for full time, look somewhere else. They only hire part time with commision (which is a hit or miss).

I felt disrespected and taken advantaged by management. The moment I started helping a bridal party, they gave me housekeeping work or pick up orders. I started helping customers anyway and created my own work. Keep in mind, I actually enjoy customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually communicate what is going on. All employees deserve to be treated with respect. If you hire them for a certain position, let them do what they're hired to do. If it's because they lack certain training or need improvement, say something! Don't just sit there and let them drown. It's you that's losing the sale. I've seen coworkers struggle due to lack of support from management.

A Love/Hate relationship with David's Bridal

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Syracuse, NY

ProsAlways have something to do so time flies by, Good training for future jobs, and great social experiences. Working with brides is very fun and rewarding. Customer service reps will get very good at multi tasking, problem solving with out going to management, and learn great resume skills. I did get a promotion after 5 months of working there, and was talked to about management so they do promote within the store.

ConsCustomers are very demanding, I worked in customer service so I had to become comfortable with people yelling at me, though it became very difficult at time to remain composed. My manager staff was very disconnected. Unfortunately we had some difficulties with Managers staying or being committed to the company. It ended up putting a lot of responsibilities on myself and one other. We both feel greatly over worked and underpaid at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement at my store could easily be an exception, and may not reflect the rest of the company, but it's very difficult to work under at the moment. It's like have 3 store managers who don't communicate what so ever. I'll be told by one manager to do X then some one else comes along and is upset at me for doing X and not Y and so on. Communication and unity in a management team is very very important in a company like Davids Bridal.

Worked for David's Bridal? Contribute to the Community!