David's Bridal Reviews

Updated March 29, 2015
360 reviews filtered by
2.8
Pamela B. Wallack

Pros
  • Working with brides to make their wedding dreams come true (in 10 reviews)

• Helping a bride find her wedding dress is such a great experience (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Becoming full time was very rare and that was the only way to receive benefits (in 23 reviews)

• They only hire part time with commision (which is a hit or miss) (in 21 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Corporate Environment

I have been working at David's Bridal

Pros

perks, feel appreciated, company parties and picnics, onsite gym etc,,

Cons

Sometimes cliques, there is not always great interdepartmental communication

2. Great place for a college student

Former Employee - Wedding Consultant in College Station, TX
    Former Employee - Wedding Consultant in College Station, TX

I worked at David's Bridal

Pros

the atmosphere is great, you meet so many people and they become like family

Cons

you're dealing with very stressed out clients and sometimes they can be rude or unreasonable

my experience was great!

3. It's a job, I suppose.

Former Employee - Junior Stylist in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Junior Stylist in Knoxville, TN

I worked at David's Bridal

Pros

Fun, easy work environment, happy place. I enjoyed it while I worked there. Saturday and Sunday were the busiest days.

Cons

Not enough hours during the week, micromanagement, super strict dress code. Manager played favorites and was very snarky.

I don't have any advice to give except let up a little, and don't have rude and snarky comments. You won't keep employees with a condescending attitude.

5. it was alright, could be better

I worked at David's Bridal

Pros

decent starting pay, about 10 dollars an hour starting As a stylist , opportunity to move up in the company

Cons

not many hours because they hired too many people at a time, which is frustrating

give more hours or hire less people as it stylist . we need more people to talk at the register or at the customer service desk and make less appointments daily

6. Rewarding but demanding and lots of pressure for results on multiple metrics.

Current Employee - Management Team Member in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Management Team Member in Denver, CO

I have been working at David's Bridal

Pros

Being a part of the most important day in someone's life and seeing the happy tears cried when a woman finds her wedding dress is amazing. Taking her from that point through the process of buying bridesmaids dresses and then through alterations when she picks up the dress right before the wedding, feels like your really becoming a part of her life.

Cons

Pressure for results is strong, lunches and breaks are hard to come by some days, and incredibly micromanaged. Huge turnover rate since we only offer part time positions with no benefits means that we usually lose our best people if not quickly, within time. Highly stressful.

Treat and train your people well and make sure they get their breaks. Avoid bad reviews for customer service issues. Realize that your personal life is secondary to the company.

7. Great work life balance

I have been working at David's Bridal

Pros

Love being part of the most special day of a girls life

Cons

Very emotionally charged atmosphere

N/a

8. A job that is sometimes rewarding

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Bonding with your co-workers, creating magical experiences for customers, surrounded by pretty things, employee discount, empowering life experiences

Cons

The people in charge have no idea how to run a business like this, and as a result it is hurting the company. Compensation isn't comparable to the amount of work employees put in, who often do not get to take their breaks. Customers can be very rude and impatient, which makes the job very stressful. Many will walk in without an appointment and expect immediate service. The turnover rate is high, as management expects too much out of a single person.

You need to pay your employees comparable wages and stop eliminating positions to just dump even more work on other employees that were already stretched thin. In bridal you need full-time employees in order to continue to have consistent business with your returning customers. If you do this, the turnover rate will decline and your employees and customers will be happier. Make sure to schedule your employees so that there are always enough people working. Encourage customers through advertising to schedule their appointments online, and while they are online encourage weekday appointments.

9. It's fun but does get stressful at times make sure you wear comfy shoes and are great with customer service!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's fun if you enjoy retail & fashion
    The people I work with are awesome and upbeat
    It's a wonderful feeling when you help the bride find her dream dress

Cons

Not super high pay

10. Easy Job!

Current Employee - Junior Stylist in Morrow, GA
    Current Employee - Junior Stylist in Morrow, GA

I have been working at David's Bridal

Pros

You get to walk around and give opinions based on your personal style.

Cons

A lot of customers come in and only want to play dress-up and not buy anything.. then you're stuck putting back tons of heavy dresses.

11. Mixed feelings all through!!

Former Employee - Senior Stylist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Stylist in San Diego, CA

I worked at David's Bridal part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Boost your resume if u need it, can go to school and work here comfortably. The moment they find the dress and the clients actually appreciates you for your hard work.

Cons

Managers are nice but nicer to stylist that sells more making others feel like they dont deserve to be there, doesn't really make u feel like coming to work they give the best brides who might pay more to those stylist because they don't want to loose money, and in that order. hours are low ...pay is very low ....cant pay the bills with it,not good for long term its honestly a partime job you can be let off at anytime if u don't sell or make your sales goal which they keep increasing. We work way too hard for the change we get paid with all those heavy dresses we carry.

We your stylist can't shove dresses down people's throats if they don't want it there is nothing we can do....if we convince them to buy a dress out of the desperation of wanting to keep our jobs you complain we are too agressive. Take it easy on your managers your attitude towards them reflects on us all!!