David's Bridal

www.davidsbridal.com

David's Bridal Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014
David's Bridal – “Bridal Stage”

Pamela B. Wallack

Pros
  • Working with brides to make their wedding dreams come true(in 7 reviews)

• It is a fun work environment--making dreams come true every day(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Only management is full time everything else is part time(in 22 reviews)

• They only hire part time with commision (which is a hit or miss)(in 19 reviews)

event consultant

Prosquick easy money, simple hours, great pt

Consbad hours, to many phone calls

Love of brides

Store Manager (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsSatisfaction of helping a woman find the dress of her dreams, the ability to advance, it is fun working with beautiful dresses, flexible hours for stylists,

ConsIf you are with a bride and it is time to leave, you cannot leave until you are through with your customer, long hours on the weekends

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote success, do not punish the successful, make sure all the drama stays out of the store

Great place!

ProsManagement is fantastic, getting to see lots of people, and great co-workers.

ConsNot always getting a break, commission based.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Commission is hard to achieve during slow season

ProsIt is a lot of fun to put together looks for the Bride and her bridal party, it is even more rewarding to see that look on a Bride's face when she finds the dress of her dream. The management team really goes above and beyond to help you commission.

ConsDuring the off season, it is very hard to make commission. Especially hard when no one comes into the store during your shift, or you are not given any brides during a shift. In order to make the big bucks, you have to make $250/hour, which could be easy if you sold every bride that comes through the door, but that is very rare.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the managers are great to work with, but others have favorites and it is very obvious to the other employees especially when they let these favorites get out of doing work that the rest of the team is expected to do.

Great pay, and alot of hard work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat leadership and benefits. Pay was great for the retail industry

ConsVery high stress level with demanding customers.

CSR

ProsFast pace
    Competitive pay
    Friendly working environment

ConsHetic but doable
    Stuck in one location

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key for handeling with bridal and non bridal customers

Fast paced environment with great co-workers

Stylist (Current Employee) Johnson City, TN

ProsGreat working environment! Brides are happy to be trying on wedding dresses, and (at least at my location) the management and my peers were absolutely amazing. No gossiping policy. Everyone got along. I hit the highest commission rank fairly consistently, which paid about ~$17-$18 per hour. My managers were very helpful with working with my schedule while I was in school.

ConsOn your feet all day. Harder to hit high commission in the less traffic heavy times of the year. The occasional dissatisfied mother of the bride.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe considerate of brides who come in and want to try on dresses, but have very low budgets.

Fun yet challenging job. Emotionally and physically demanding.

Alteration's Customer Service Representative, Junior Stylist, Customer Service Representative, and Consultant (Former Employee) Richfield, MN

ProsThe employees I had were incredible. Its a very high energy atmosphere and a very social atmosphere as well. There are many great customers that come in and are very happy and cheerful and they make working there a wonderful experience and it makes you proud to be helping them find stuff for their/their friend's/daughters wedding. Plus you get 25% off employee discount of any of the merchandise there.

ConsSome of the customers can be hard to handle. Being 17 years old and very sensitive, I had a hard time being yelled at by customers for things I didn't do such as a dress coming in late or delivered wrong, or etc. It can become very high stress at some points and it can be pretty hard to know how to diffuse some situations.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe patient with your employees and try to hire more people to either take groups or clean up (Like junior stylists during the winter) to make the consultants job slightly less stressful.

No idea what they are doing

Director (Former Employee) Conshohocken, PA

ProsWorking in the bridal industry you really do have an opportunity to make someone's dreams come true. I spent over a decade with this company and on numerous occasions watched a bride and her family cry with tears of joy when she found "the gown" ... sounds a little sappy I know, but it really is a magical moment.

ConsIt would be very easy for my review to come across as sour grapes from a disgruntled former employee. As noted above, I had over ten years with the Company before leaving voluntarily to accept another opportunity. After over a decade in a director level position I put a lot into helping to build David's, the last thing I would want to see is for the Company to fail. It is a shame because the current management team is running the Company into the ground. They let go of anyone in leadership with any tenure. This is not a group that values or respects people. They will,see you as a cog in the machine, no more, no less.

Negative environment and poor management

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsMost of the customers are friendly, easy to get hired

ConsRude management, forced to push credit cards and products brides don't want, told to turn away customers regularly, given very few hours despite promises from management to the contrary. Company and management state they want superior customer service, but anything to make customer's shopping experience more pleasant is looked down on. The working environment was so negative I had no energy to do anything after my 3 hour shift!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make promises to give employees hours when you know you can not keep them. Don't hire more employees when you are unable to provide enough hours for the ones you have. The bulk of the training had nothing to do with how to do the job; instead, it focused on propaganda about "helping" brides by giving hard sales pitches for unwanted credit cards. Lastly, don't encourage representatives to be rude, turn away customers, hang up on phone calls, and generally provide bad service.

Worked for David's Bridal? Contribute to the Community!