David's Bridal

Updated January 27, 2015
Updated January 27, 2015
2.6

Pamela B. Wallack

Pros
  • Working with brides to make their wedding dreams come true (in 10 reviews)

• Helping a bride find her wedding dress is such a great experience (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Becoming full time was very rare and that was the only way to receive benefits (in 23 reviews)

• They only hire part time with commision (which is a hit or miss) (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

1. Featured Review

Great Corporate Environment

I have been working at David's Bridal

Pros

perks, feel appreciated, company parties and picnics, onsite gym etc,,

Cons

Sometimes cliques, there is not always great interdepartmental communication

Assistant Manager

I worked at David's Bridal

Pros

Great atmosphere and people to work with

Cons

Turnover is awefu for part time employees

Disappointed

I have been working at David's Bridal

Pros

Fun atmosphere, work/life balance, great coworkers

Cons

Low pay, no room for growth, no employee appreciation, very unfair with commission

So glad I quit last week!!

I worked at David's Bridal

Pros

Looking at some of the beautiful dresses and accessories.

Cons

Management has no respect for customers and talk about them behind their backs and share confidential information about people.
    The employees are all hate their jobs especially when consultants aren't selling.
    Overbooked appointments
    Dirty bathrooms and breakrooms
    Ruining customers credit by shoving the credit card down their throat
    Very high turnover for management. Very high
    Outdated system for computers
    Everyone is all about money. It's sad.

I feel sorry for you.

I worked at David's Bridal

Pros

some really great people worked there

Cons

commission is based on all hours worked even if the store is closed. they make you stay rediculously late for clean up and you either stay for free or franticly try to sell to make them up.

Unprofessional

Former Employee - Junior Stylist
    Former Employee - Junior Stylist

I worked at David's Bridal part-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you're interested in learning about the bridal industry, this is a semi-decent starting place.

Cons

First of all, the interview process was very strange. I was set up in a group interview in the middle of the store. 2nd interview consisted of a job offer, in the middle of the store. We were asked if we needed any weekends off in the next few months because they were going to need us for them all. I let them know that I needed one off and that was it; I would be free the remainder of the time. There was absolutely no formal computer training whatsoever. In addition to that, there also wasn't very much on floor training. I was cut from work on 2 different occasions. The first was after only being there for 3 hours. Because I was new and they were slow, I had to leave (so that barely even paid for my gas or the new wardrobe I had to purchase because everything has to be black). The 2nd time was the first Saturday I worked and had to make early arrangements to be picked up (due to later plans) after slaving for $8/hr with very little assistance or help to any questions I had. When I finished my cleanup time, I tried to find a manager (because the actual one and assistant one had already left...did not know). Finally found one (who clearly didn't like me from the day I started...very grumpy with chip on her shoulder), and as she went to look at my area, she blew me off to do something else. So, I waited, and waited, then finally had to go hunt her down again....I was then free to leave. Later that night I received a text message from a new coworker with my schedule for the following week because while I was there, no one seemed to know where it was at. She also notified me that management was pissed at me for not being open and honest about my schedule, amongst a lot of other negative comments. After I found this out, I called my manager the following day and let her know I would not be returning to work. She stated that it was completely fabricated and she could not believe that I believed that, to which I replied I have no clue as to why this coworker would lie to me. After all, the meeting I spent 2 hours at on the previous Sunday it was stated numerous times that there wouldn't be any drama and that we are all "equal". Needless to say, the manager was not happy. I told her that's something she needed to work out and confront with the manager that was lift on shift Saturday night. I apologized for wasting her time and wished her good luck. And that is my David's Bridal experience.

TAKE THE TIME TO TRAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES PROPERLY. DO NOT TALK ABOUT YOUR EMPLOYEES TO OTHERS, PERIOD.

Blah

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Lawn, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Lawn, IL

I have been working at David's Bridal

Pros

Decent co-workers. Benefits for full time employees.

Cons

Brides...need I say more? Needy and way too particular. They don't seem to realize that this is David's Bridal. Your buying a $300 wedding gown off the rack. It's not going to be perfect

Management is changing big time which is good and bad. My store manager is amazing but the DM and upper levels are to busy trying to prove themselves. Everything has to be perfect to a T. If your not running around carrying 15 lb dresses in heels then your not doing good enough.

Dress code is a nightmare. Black, white, ivory, blush colors only. No colored nail polish and yes management will notice. Every hair in place and makeup must be flawless. As I said black heels need to be worn as long as possible. If you must change into flats they need to be leather or patent leather no fabric flats.

If you make rules and policies stick to them. We look like the bad guy when we tell customers that it's not something we can do. Then when they threaten to call corporate we'll do all but open up the registers and give you the cash.

Relax. Your running a bridal salon not a hospital. Lives are not at risk here. Nobody's going to go into cardiac arrest if my hair is pulled back into a ponytail.

Pleasant, but intense-

I have been working at David's Bridal

Pros

Exciting to the one to assist with gown selection, and fabulous when "the" gown is selected. Training is a continuous and ongoing process

Cons

30 minute breaks, even when working a full-time day

Good Part Time Job

Current Employee - Wedding Consultant in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Wedding Consultant in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Commission
    -Fun Enviroment
    -Beautiful merchandise

Cons

-Long and tiring
    -On your feet for long hours
    -Customers can be horrible

it was a terrible place to work.

I worked at David's Bridal

Pros

enjoyed the clientele and the job.

Cons

District Manager rarely visited the store. The Store Manager was terrible. No work life balance.

No regard for your personal life.