Davidson Hotels & Resorts Reviews

Reset
3.2
Davidson Hotels & Resorts President and CEO John A. Belden
John A. Belden

Pros
  • Great f&b team on the corporate level (in 3 reviews)

• Lots of opportunity for growth and development since they manage hotels across the U (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • The cons consisted of poor management (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management and corporate seems to be out of touch with the hourly associates (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Privilege and Honor

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Pros

I was with DHR for approximately 4 years and it will be an experience I will never forget and one of which I will always be deeply grateful. It was a true privilege and honor to work for this company/family; however, it will only be such to those who hold themselves highly accountable for the success of not only themselves but more importantly for the company. The support from corporate is outstanding and ultimately, you reap what you sow. Don't only work hard, Work Smart; come to work prepared and ready, not only to do your own job but also to learn the next job. There are no "favorites" and "inside clicks" as some may say, the company operates the same as any other successful organizations out in the world, they reward those individuals who come to work and contribute to the success of a company which has given you the opportunity to A. have a job and B. understand that your contributions also pay for the lively hood of those associates and employees around you. This is a great company to join and to work for and if you are willing to push the limits and happily accept the challenges to exceed expectations, it will be an experience to catalyze you to next level.

Cons

There are always some cons with any organization but none that affected me in a negative manner.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity. It was a true pleasure and privilege to work for a organization that puts forth the effort to train those individuals who want to be challenged and encouraged to surpass what was thought to be their limit. All the best and success to Davidson's future.

2. Great Hotel Management Company

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Property-level, regional, and corporate teams have always been helpful and supportive. Davidson manages the properties, but does not own them, and so tends to treat employees better than some owner-operators for whom I previously worked.

Cons

While it's moving in the right direction, IT and IT support are a bit lackluster. IT support was outsourced, which did not improve timeliness or quality of support.

3. Ahhhh

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

The benefits are competitive less free hotel nights

Cons

Not too be trusted, cut corners as well as positions

Advice to Management

Take better care of your people

5. Catering Manager

Current Employee - Catering Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Catering Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Good benefits & great Managenent. Loved working for them.

Cons

Not a lot of managed hotels in the Washington DC Metro area anymore.

6. A company that cares!

Current Employee - Group Coordinator in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Group Coordinator in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Davidson has good benifits, this company cares and ensures that all team members are taken care of. It is also a growing company so your career will be widen.

Cons

I have Nothing bad to say really...

Advice to Management

Continue to be a good support to your team members. I love that the executives pay us visits multiple times to ensure good business is running right direction.

7. New management

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Nothing worth posting on here

Cons

They have no clue how to run a hotel. They hire first time directors for every position then cut staffing levels to bare minimums

Advice to Management

Listen to current employees and don't try to change everything. There is a reason you wanted that hotel

Front Desk Agent

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Newport, RI
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Newport, RI

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Excellent work environment, valuable experience, reasonable wage

Cons

Poor organization, low wages, long hours

9. Escaping alive was the best part

Former Employee - Guest Service Agent in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Guest Service Agent in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will meet interesting coworkers. Also, you have the chance to make a good income if you are in a tipped position.

Cons

Very rare to get off time; company overworked all employees, and I often had 2-3 weeks of work with no day off. Training is nearly nonexistent. You may acquire quite a bit of leave, but it will Employees have been continuously cut from this organization, despite being shorthanded.

Advice to Management

Stop cutting employees--workers cannot give good service when they are overstretched and lack the supplies to do the job! See to paperwork quickly and do not let requests for time off linger.

Davidson Hotels & Resorts Response

Feb 24, 2015 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments relative to your experience at our Little Rock property. I am sorry you feel the way you do about your employment at this property. I ... More

Banquet Server

Former Employee - Banquet Server in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Banquet Server in Eugene, OR

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Amazing co-workers and managers. Still have friends from this position

Cons

Everything else, awful pay ( even though they take 20% in a service change, servers don't receive tips) the company makes sure that people do not receive benefits ( not provide full-time work). We had to pay for food for lunch that would of been thrown away anyways.

OK pay, employees treated like garbage, (Bloomington, MN location only)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was ok. Some managers were great!

Cons

Entire business seems to be run by one power hungry person in HR. Good luck staying on longer than 1 year. No matter how good of an employee you are, you will be terminated before you are due for an increase in pay or benefits. Schedules were never posted more than 2 days before the work week. (changes frequently without warning) Was impossible to have 2 days in a row off. Sometimes scheduled for 8+ days in a row.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees concerns. Treat your employees like the "Heart" of the organization like you preach every day and allow the great employees with experience and ideas to better serve the guests by moving them up in the organization. Replace all management including HR. Improve benefits, paid time off was non-existent or allowed by managers. Work life balance was non-existent. Schedules need to be posted more than 2 days before the shift, respectfully at least the week before. Stop the high turnover rate by respecting your employees lives and move the high performers up and replace the HR manager who tells you that she has an open door for concerns and then lies to your face and terminates your position for having a safety or policy concern.

Davidson Hotels & Resorts Response

Jan 15, 2015 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you very much for taking the time to detail your concerns regarding your employment at our Bloomington, MN property. I am sorry you had a negative experience. We strive to ensure our Team ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed