Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Davidson Hotels & Resorts President and CEO John A. Belden

John A. Belden

Rewarding

ProsCorporate team, including Senior Executives, are approachable and care for each team member
    Investment in technology for financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, checkbook accounting, etc.
    Opportunity for advancement
    Compensation and Benefits are very good
    Treated with respect and seek feedback/involvement in improving

ConsReporting on reports. Some duplication.

Best place/ company to work for

Banquet Server (Current Employee)
    Newport, RI

ProsI just started working here and every single team member has made me feel so welcomed! It's great to work for a company that appreciates it's employees. I love how the managers will point out when you are doing a good job and they recognize hard work. Also if you are not quite sure on how to do something the managers will teach you .

ConsI HAVE NO CONS.
    This is the best place to work for I love what I do!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing! It feels great to work for someone who appreciates what you do! This job has given me a change of heart and I now wish to go back to school for buisness/ hospitality

Davidson Hotels & Resorts is a great company to work for and to work with.

Steering Team Member (Current Employee)
    Birmingham, AL

ProsForward thinking, concerned about taking care of the Guest, the Team Members and the Owners. Leader in their markets. Pin-point focus on full service hotel and F&B focus. It a family of hotel people... all the way up to the corporate level.

ConsThe Owners could sale a property and the new Owners may not choice Davidson. Sometimes the new owners do choose Davidson but sometimes we have to say good bye to a good property and the team members that work there and cannot relocate.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsLots of opportunity to grow if you are flexible and willing to move.

ConsNeed better training program.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate employees and they will satisfy guests.

It is one of the best companies I have ever worked for.

ProsLeadership is firm but fair, work life balance is good, and I work with some of the brightest in the business.

ConsMore opportunites for advancement past the Regional level.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change our culture or values. We will continue to raise to the challenge of the markets and owners.

Passionate and dedicated people, great teamwork, knowledge and vision

Corporate Operations (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThe benefits are great, senior leadership has high standards and expectations, and they treat everyone like family. The company has a long history of success and has hired high-performing team members.

ConsI'm hoping for some international opportunities in the future and some new brands to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay with the stated plan - careful, targeted growth with high quality hotels.

Great place to work!

ProsThe company takes really good care of their people, and the benefits are awesome including 401k match and hotel room discounts. Lots of opportunity for growth and development since they manage hotels across the U.S.

ConsA little paper heavy but the company is definately making strides to offer recent technologies that will streamline many of these processes.

Great company! Growth, opportunity & family balance were important to me and this company provided it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsStrong internal controls. Competent senior management. Good diversity in line level staff.

ConsA little outdated in operational policy review. Needs more diversity in upper level management.

Advice to Senior ManagementRely on younger talent to help keep the company young and up to date. Innovation and efficiency is growth.

The best job I've ever had!

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThere are so many great things about working for Davidson.... the people, the work/life balance, the partners, customers, summer flex hours and the gorgeous view from our office. The office atmosphere is relaxed and everyone genuinely likes each other. I have never experienced any "office politics" or animosity during my time here. Another big Pro is the longevity of Davidson's employees and executives. Most people have been here many years and that speaks volumes for a company.

ConsIt is truly difficult to find a "con"... the only one that comes to mind is my long commute. It typically takes 1-2 hours to drive 20 miles.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! Your support and encouragement does not go unnoticed. It's rare to find a company that truly puts its employees first. Oh, and Flex Fridays during the holidays (from Thanksgiving to New Year's Eve) would be a nice option too.

Flag Review
    Davidson Hotels & Resorts Director of Recruiting responded to this review Dec 9, 2013 EditDelete
    Thank You For Your Comments; You play an important part in helping define the way quality hospitality is delivered to our guest, our clients, our partners and to each other. To us, hospitality is ... More

Great Company

ProsI have been with Davidson Hotel & Resorts for more than 5 years. Over this time I have advanced my career with the assistance of my Managers and Directors. Davidson encourages personal growth and provides a since of camaraderie among their employees. I am very proud to work for this company.

ConsI have no cons to share. I have been very happy to be a part of Davidson from the beginning.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing a great job! Please continue to encourage growth among our team members.

Worked for Davidson Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Davidson Hotels & Resorts – Why Work for Us?

ABOUT DAVIDSON 40 YEARS OF VALUE CREATION:BUILDING ON THE SUCCESS OF OUR PAST WITH YOUR FUTURE IN MIND At Davidson Hotels & Resorts our goal has always been to be the best, not the biggest. Davidson Hotels & Resorts is… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Davidson Hotels & Resorts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Davidson Hotels & Resorts CEO John A. Belden. All 34 reviews posted anonymously by Davidson Hotels & Resorts employees.