Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Updated October 12, 2014
3.2

Davidson Hotels & Resorts President and CEO John A. Belden
John A. Belden

They do what they say they are going to do.

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Pros

The organizational goals do not change all the time. Five guiding principles that stayed constant. This helps everyone stay focused instead of worrying if they are working on the right task or not. Most administrative functions are consolidated on one on-line platform which makes many management tasks much easier and more efficient.

Cons

No company is perfect but Davidson comes pretty close. They are hotel people running a hotel company.

Keep growing the company.

Excellent people that care about their employees and provide wonderful leadership on a daily bases

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Really caring people who provide direction and make you feel part of the family

Cons

I have not experience any challenges while working for Davidson Hotels and Resorts. Just very positive feedback.

Could to look for addition hotels to aquire. This will help with advancement for all.

Rewarding

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Corporate team, including Senior Executives, are approachable and care for each team member
    Investment in technology for financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, checkbook accounting, etc.
    Opportunity for advancement
    Compensation and Benefits are very good
    Treated with respect and seek feedback/involvement in improving

Cons

Reporting on reports. Some duplication.

Best place/ company to work for

Current Employee - Banquet Server in Newport, RI
    Current Employee - Banquet Server in Newport, RI

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I just started working here and every single team member has made me feel so welcomed! It's great to work for a company that appreciates it's employees. I love how the managers will point out when you are doing a good job and they recognize hard work. Also if you are not quite sure on how to do something the managers will teach you .

Cons

I HAVE NO CONS.
    This is the best place to work for I love what I do!

Keep doing what your doing! It feels great to work for someone who appreciates what you do! This job has given me a change of heart and I now wish to go back to school for buisness/ hospitality

Davidson Hotels & Resorts is a great company to work for and to work with.

Current Employee - Steering Team Member in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Steering Team Member in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Forward thinking, concerned about taking care of the Guest, the Team Members and the Owners. Leader in their markets. Pin-point focus on full service hotel and F&B focus. It a family of hotel people... all the way up to the corporate level.

Cons

The Owners could sale a property and the new Owners may not choice Davidson. Sometimes the new owners do choose Davidson but sometimes we have to say good bye to a good property and the team members that work there and cannot relocate.

Keep up the good work.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow if you are flexible and willing to move.

Cons

Need better training program.

Appreciate employees and they will satisfy guests.

It is one of the best companies I have ever worked for.

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Leadership is firm but fair, work life balance is good, and I work with some of the brightest in the business.

Cons

More opportunites for advancement past the Regional level.

Don't change our culture or values. We will continue to raise to the challenge of the markets and owners.

Passionate and dedicated people, great teamwork, knowledge and vision

Current Employee - Corporate Operations in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Operations in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits are great, senior leadership has high standards and expectations, and they treat everyone like family. The company has a long history of success and has hired high-performing team members.

Cons

I'm hoping for some international opportunities in the future and some new brands to work with.

Stay with the stated plan - careful, targeted growth with high quality hotels.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company takes really good care of their people, and the benefits are awesome including 401k match and hotel room discounts. Lots of opportunity for growth and development since they manage hotels across the U.S.

Cons

A little paper heavy but the company is definately making strides to offer recent technologies that will streamline many of these processes.

Great company! Growth, opportunity & family balance were important to me and this company provided it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Strong internal controls. Competent senior management. Good diversity in line level staff.

Cons

A little outdated in operational policy review. Needs more diversity in upper level management.

Rely on younger talent to help keep the company young and up to date. Innovation and efficiency is growth.

Davidson Hotels & Resorts Photos