Davidson Hotels & Resorts Reviews

Updated April 5, 2015
53 reviews filtered by

Guilty until forced to be "guilty"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits
    No shortages of hours
    Willing to provide the resources needed at most levels.

Cons

Never being able to be to use PTO. I've not once been able to use mine unless it was a holiday in which I was working anyway.

Worked long hours

Literally told to do things from home; as an hourly associated; uncompensated.

Informed upper Management (GM; Directors; Steering Committee; and HR) of being directed to take care of things while not at the hotel in hopes to receive compensation.

Received write-ups for following hotel SOP (Not issuing keys to people not registered to room; and the person couldn't even provide his wives name, address, anything).

Paperwork. "Davidson is the Yes; we made a form for that people".

Unreasonable internal audits that the only way to pass is by faking it as the internal auditors come in.

Advice to Management

Lets move into he 21st century.

End stupid forms; No one in this industry knows what an AZR is; (its something that is required we do something with; no one has been able to tell me they know 100% what one is....)

Lets compensate employees fairly; and follow the law.

Lets do something about high turnover.

I have had more people walk out in my department in the last year than we had at one time.

Heck; I'll be honest; if I were upper management I would abandon ship. Its not you; its the whole company together. it has past fixing.

Davidson Hotels & Resorts Response

Oct 14, 2014Director of Recruiting

Thank you for feedback.

At Davidson Hotels and Resorts we celebrate our Team Members as our most important asset, essential to our success. We strive to provide a positive and inspiring
    ... More

Turnover with little managerial oversight

Former Employee - Night Audit in Richfield, MN
    Former Employee - Night Audit in Richfield, MN

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The low-level people that you work alongside are wonderful. Everyone is there to do their best regardless of issues with management.

Cons

Compensation could definitely be better, management is incredibly out of touch with what is actually needed to help the hotel's function best. Standards are entirely ignored at times.

Advice to Management

Get ride of the mid to low-level mangers that cause high turnover rates, invest in your employees.

3. Hotel Management Company

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Good people to work with at Corporate

Cons

Limited resources, so you have to be creative

They do what they say they are going to do.

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Pros

The organizational goals do not change all the time. Five guiding principles that stayed constant. This helps everyone stay focused instead of worrying if they are working on the right task or not. Most administrative functions are consolidated on one on-line platform which makes many management tasks much easier and more efficient.

Cons

No company is perfect but Davidson comes pretty close. They are hotel people running a hotel company.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company.

A severe lack in associate support

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are pretty standard, the company is very much geared toward hospitality and guest satisfaction, opportunities to move around

Cons

I didnt receive any formal training when I started. The compensation was fair but below the salary range of colleagues in the same area. The corporate structure is not set up to be compassionate to associates. The technology is lagging behind. The executives are out of touch with the hospitality community and what it takes to run a successful hotel. They are concerned with guest satisfaction but not employee satisfaction. They don't understand the concept of spend money to make money.

Advice to Management

Pay attention when you start losing your top money makers at a rapid pace!

7. Excellent people that care about their employees and provide wonderful leadership on a daily bases

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Really caring people who provide direction and make you feel part of the family

Cons

I have not experience any challenges while working for Davidson Hotels and Resorts. Just very positive feedback.

Advice to Management

Could to look for addition hotels to aquire. This will help with advancement for all.

8. Rewarding

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Corporate team, including Senior Executives, are approachable and care for each team member
    Investment in technology for financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, checkbook accounting, etc.
    Opportunity for advancement
    Compensation and Benefits are very good
    Treated with respect and seek feedback/involvement in improving

Cons

Reporting on reports. Some duplication.

9. Best place/ company to work for

Current Employee - Banquet Server in Newport, RI
    Current Employee - Banquet Server in Newport, RI

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I just started working here and every single team member has made me feel so welcomed! It's great to work for a company that appreciates it's employees. I love how the managers will point out when you are doing a good job and they recognize hard work. Also if you are not quite sure on how to do something the managers will teach you .

Cons

I HAVE NO CONS.
    This is the best place to work for I love what I do!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! It feels great to work for someone who appreciates what you do! This job has given me a change of heart and I now wish to go back to school for buisness/ hospitality

10. Scheduling for Therapists

Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Newport, RI
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Newport, RI

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Location has a great view of the water and sail boats, terrific sunsets

Cons

Very bad system of scheduling. Senior therapists always get first priority until their schedule is filled then the secondary therapist gets filled then the third and so on and so on. There isn't any rotation of schedules. Third senior therapists rarely stay on because the winters are slow and very rarely get any bookings except for Saturdays. Management are in the dark as to what goes on between therapists

Advice to Management

Consider rotating schedules so newer employees can get a fair share of work. Even well seasoned therapists have a difficult time working there because of the preferred scheduling

11. Davidson Hotels & Resorts is a great company to work for and to work with.

Current Employee - Steering Team Member in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Steering Team Member in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Forward thinking, concerned about taking care of the Guest, the Team Members and the Owners. Leader in their markets. Pin-point focus on full service hotel and F&B focus. It a family of hotel people... all the way up to the corporate level.

Cons

The Owners could sale a property and the new Owners may not choice Davidson. Sometimes the new owners do choose Davidson but sometimes we have to say good bye to a good property and the team members that work there and cannot relocate.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Davidson Hotels & Resorts Photos