Davie County Schools

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good schools

Teacher (Current Employee)

ProsYou really feel like you're making a difference in the lives of kids. Rewarding. And we get lots of training to stay current, most of which is free. Davis Schools stay pretty current with good teaching practice.

ConsCan be subject to unbridled ambitions of admin. Our current boss wants to move up in the system, and has unrealistic expectations of what teachers can and should be doing. Faculty must constantly deploy and discard educational theories, practices and programs in effort to show innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverburdened teachers don't always get desired test results.

Great small system, beware if community

Middle School Teacher (Current Employee) Mocksville, NC

ProsIt's a small system, so you get lots of individual input on changes that happen in your program. There is a strong arts structure that begins in the middle/elementary levels for all disciplines except dance. Small enough that you will consistently see the Superintendent and county office staff in your school.

ConsIt's a small community where everyone knows everyone and there is a strong good-old-boy system here. There are active people in the community who rally against the school system (seriously, who does that?!?) and will work against progress.

Most of the other issues come from working for the state- too much testing, low pay, no raises, awful hours.

Teacher

Teacher (Current Employee) Mocksville, NC

ProsHigh performing schools, teacher support

ConsSmall county, not a lot of growth

Worked for Davie County Schools? Contribute to the Community!