Davis + Henderson

Updated September 14, 2014
Updated September 14, 2014
2.4

Gerrard Schmid

Pros
  • some of the people that work there are good people (in 6 reviews)

• large company with good work environment, allows you to experience a lot (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management too stuck up and smug (in 5 reviews)

• The mississauga office is too chaotic, every developers seems to be wanting to do whatever they like, poor moral of management and a lot of turnover (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

It's okay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Davis + Henderson full-time for less than a year

Pros

As long as you put in your 40 hours very few people care when you are there. They are very flexible and understanding of having to work from home, or having to come in late etc. My team was very nice and helpful even though we are distributed in various offices.

Cons

Not a lot of internal training given. Some groups are not that open to new people. Reviews were necessary but difficult to obtain. These reviewers were given too much to do to be able to review the material. Sometimes design of product was created and there was no changing it because the requirements given by the client was so specific and after these clients signed off on it everything was locked-down. Also, sometimes timing worked out that meetings that were to discuss design, were more about explaining design because it was already being coded. dental insurance sucks.

Company more focused on competing with large FinTech companies than satisfying their employees

I have been working at Davis + Henderson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great vision and many great people to work with, fairly casual work environment

Cons

Poor compensation, while the vision is promising it is not always clear

Before my company was acquired by this one, the leadership team was very clear with the direction of the company and different advancement opportunities. After my company was acquired by D+H, communication and advancement opportunities were very limited. This company is more focused on becoming a tech giant than having satisfied employees.

Great teamwork

I worked at Davis + Henderson

Pros

Good leadership, challenging, meaningful work, great employees who care about the company, clients and each other

Cons

New acquisitions leave folks wondering where they will fit in and the company is experiencing growing pains with clear communication.

Don't lose the company culture and history during the growth.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High hopes not looking promising

Current Employee - Professional
    Current Employee - Professional

I have been working at Davis + Henderson full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive relationship with coworkers and colleagues. Opportunity to work with international
    Team. Flexible working environment.

Cons

- vision does not match leadership actions
    - crazy workload means no ability to deliver quality
    - high turnover
    -communication is terrible all across organization
    -business ethics is lacking
    -hr practices questionable

Your employees comments should be eye opening

Going downhill fast

Current Employee - Administration
    Current Employee - Administration

I have been working at Davis + Henderson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people, decent facilities (kitchen, games room, etc)

Cons

I am a current employee at D+H, and I agree with every negative review posted here. The constant state of flux and job cuts has left everyone on edge and looking to leave. Management is completely out of touch with how their "vision" is actually affecting morale. At the same time they seem to be obsessed with employee engagement, and can't understand why their endless engagement surveys don't yield better results.

Advancement opportunities seem to be rapidly dwindling for any offices other than Standish.

Making money for your shareholders is important, but committed, enthusiastic employees need to be a part of that plan. Engagement is a two-way street: if you want employees to feel engaged with the company, the employees need to feel that you are engaged with them. Stop treating employees like liabilities.

Don't waste your time

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Davis + Henderson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work life balance is excellent

Cons

Everything else you can imagine

It doesn't matter to give advice to management, the company is cursed with poor management.

Seemed promising...but in the end, not so much...

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Davis + Henderson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

When I started, the office culture was the big draw, since it was the archetypal software company with a very meritocractic attitude.

Cons

Merging all of the acquired firms created a bureaucratic type of culture, and the company's revolving door of leaders/executives impacted its ability of looking beyond the bottom line.

Deteriorating Company Culture and morale

Former Employee - Senior QC Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior QC Analyst

I worked at Davis + Henderson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people. That's the only reason you wake up from bed and go to work. There were many other great things about this company, but they're mostly gone by now.

Cons

-Upper management too stuck up and smug.
    - They have these quarterly town hall meetings, during which the 'leadership team' acts like they care and have great vision. This is invariably followed by lay offs in the coming weeks.
    -Too many rounds of lay offs has killed morale.
    -Crazy high workload.
    -When a person leaves the company, a replacement is seldom hired. Many people are leaving BTW.
    -Very rare employee recognition.
    -The company has really started pinching pennies.
    -You are asked to provide an estimate for a task you are supposed to do, and then this estimate is questioned a 100 times till you are forced to reduce it. Then when your actual hours exceed your estimates by the tiniest bit, you are asked to provide written explanation.
    -should learn to treat employees with more respect.
    -The company seems to be in a perennial state of 'transformation'.

I'll be honest, I used to like working here when I joined, but since the last year or so everything has gone downhill. I would definitely not recommend any experienced person to join.

Please be more accessible. Please stop the 'transition' and think about 'consolidation'. Please stop calling yourself the 'leadership team'.

I worked there through a temp agency as a data entry clerk

Former Employee - Disbursement Agent  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Disbursement Agent in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Davis + Henderson full-time for less than a year

Pros

It was very professional. My group worked off a higher floor, and on lunch breaks I got to meet people working on other floors. Everyone was very friendly and professional. The job itself was fairly easy - just entering information from one form to another and flagging any discrepancies.

Cons

They have a pace that they want you to keep going at and your supervisor monitors the pace live. So if you slack off, you'll get in trouble pretty quickly. I met people who have been working in the same job for 2+ years without advancement or salary increase of any kind.

It's a very efficient workplace. I would've been more interested in staying there had there been some sort of promotion to work for.

CEO without one-team mentality - Read comments in "Advice to Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Davis + Henderson full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent team members, very knowledgeable and hard working

Cons

Sr. Management's actions and words don't match. Introduced innovation and training with big budgets but their training modules are outdated atleast 10 yrs. No growth - don't join this company

CEO must put his act together and re-visit his comments - "Developers don't get bonus because they are not important part of the business" - wake-up CEO - you are running a Fintech company and if your vision is No. 3 in 3 yrs with 3 Billion in revenue, you cannot achieve with buying companies - you need developers. If CEO is a true leader, he must apologize to developers during TSS Townhall.

Worked for Davis + Henderson? Contribute to the Community!