Davis + Henderson Reviews

Updated July 29, 2014
Updated July 29, 2014

2.5

Gerrard Schmid

Pros
  • some of the people that work there are good people (in 5 reviews)

• Great people, decent benefits, steady work (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management too stuck up and smug (in 5 reviews)

• The mississauga office is too chaotic, every developers seems to be wanting to do whatever they like, poor moral of management and a lot of turnover (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Great teamwork

I worked at Davis + Henderson

Pros

Good leadership, challenging, meaningful work, great employees who care about the company, clients and each other

Cons

New acquisitions leave folks wondering where they will fit in and the company is experiencing growing pains with clear communication.

Don't lose the company culture and history during the growth.

Company more focused on competing with large FinTech companies than satisfying their employees

I have been working at Davis + Henderson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great vision and many great people to work with, fairly casual work environment

Cons

Poor compensation, while the vision is promising it is not always clear

Before my company was acquired by this one, the leadership team was very clear with the direction of the company and different advancement opportunities. After my company was acquired by D+H, communication and advancement opportunities were very limited. This company is more focused on becoming a tech giant than having satisfied employees.

Seemed promising...but in the end, not so much...

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Davis + Henderson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

When I started, the office culture was the big draw, since it was the archetypal software company with a very meritocractic attitude.

Cons

Merging all of the acquired firms created a bureaucratic type of culture, and the company's revolving door of leaders/executives impacted its ability of looking beyond the bottom line.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Deteriorating Company Culture and morale

Former Employee - Senior QC Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior QC Analyst

I worked at Davis + Henderson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people. That's the only reason you wake up from bed and go to work. There were many other great things about this company, but they're mostly gone by now.

Cons

-Upper management too stuck up and smug.
    - They have these quarterly town hall meetings, during which the 'leadership team' acts like they care and have great vision. This is invariably followed by lay offs in the coming weeks.
    -Too many rounds of lay offs has killed morale.
    -Crazy high workload.
    -When a person leaves the company, a replacement is seldom hired. Many people are leaving BTW.
    -Very rare employee recognition.
    -The company has really started pinching pennies.
    -You are asked to provide an estimate for a task you are supposed to do, and then this estimate is questioned a 100 times till you are forced to reduce it. Then when your actual hours exceed your estimates by the tiniest bit, you are asked to provide written explanation.
    -should learn to treat employees with more respect.
    -The company seems to be in a perennial state of 'transformation'.

I'll be honest, I used to like working here when I joined, but since the last year or so everything has gone downhill. I would definitely not recommend any experienced person to join.

Please be more accessible. Please stop the 'transition' and think about 'consolidation'. Please stop calling yourself the 'leadership team'.

I worked there through a temp agency as a data entry clerk

Former Employee - Disbursement Agent  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Disbursement Agent in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Davis + Henderson full-time for less than a year

Pros

It was very professional. My group worked off a higher floor, and on lunch breaks I got to meet people working on other floors. Everyone was very friendly and professional. The job itself was fairly easy - just entering information from one form to another and flagging any discrepancies.

Cons

They have a pace that they want you to keep going at and your supervisor monitors the pace live. So if you slack off, you'll get in trouble pretty quickly. I met people who have been working in the same job for 2+ years without advancement or salary increase of any kind.

It's a very efficient workplace. I would've been more interested in staying there had there been some sort of promotion to work for.

CEO without one-team mentality - Read comments in "Advice to Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Davis + Henderson full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent team members, very knowledgeable and hard working

Cons

Sr. Management's actions and words don't match. Introduced innovation and training with big budgets but their training modules are outdated atleast 10 yrs. No growth - don't join this company

CEO must put his act together and re-visit his comments - "Developers don't get bonus because they are not important part of the business" - wake-up CEO - you are running a Fintech company and if your vision is No. 3 in 3 yrs with 3 Billion in revenue, you cannot achieve with buying companies - you need developers. If CEO is a true leader, he must apologize to developers during TSS Townhall.

It is awful working at D+H

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Davis + Henderson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

After 4 years of working at D+H I do not recommend it to anybody unless CEO and whole management team change. In 2009 the "original" D+H started to buy out small and bankrupt companies and things began to go bad. Ambitious employees from newly-purchased companies were given management positions and those started to bullying other staff. A huge battle is going on among people there leaving no room for laws and human rights; it seems that stability will never come. Managers and TLs speak with their staff in the worst way possible and fully record their employees' failures just in case.

Cons

Before 2009 it was a quite good.

It was said that the horrible things going on at D+H is because of CEO, Gerrard . It was his attitude flowing down to all departments.
    They let all nice and effective people go. In one case, he himself fired dozens of people in one day.

Good company with shity middle level management.

Former Employee - Senior Developer  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Davis + Henderson as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good company to gain experience in government projects. Very nice, professional IT guys. Greate coffe in two kitchens.

Cons

Shity middle level management. They hate immigrants and treat them like dumb slaves. Publicly they are very "politically correct"

Learn how to like people who work for you.

I enjoyed working with D+H.

Current Employee - Technical Systems Analyst  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technical Systems Analyst in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Davis + Henderson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good standing at Fintech and its getting even better.

Cons

Lot of restructuring during last 5 years. I see a gap among middle management and workforce.

Please promote within and engage with employees. Increased frequency of town halls improved communication, however, they took a lot of fat off after every town hall, that kind of gave them a bad perception.

Great company with opportunities for growth!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Davis + Henderson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team of people to work with and the ability to exercise multiple skills within the organization

Cons

Very high employee turnover due to company restructuring within the executive level and higher management

For new management it's important to take the time to get to know your employees skill set and abilities even if that means reviewing resumes.

Worked for Davis + Henderson? Contribute to the Community!