Davis + Henderson

Updated February 19, 2015
Updated February 19, 2015
2.7

Gerrard Schmid

Pros
  • Good people, decent facilities (kitchen, games room, etc) (in 5 reviews)

• Great people, decent benefits, steady work (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance only exists on the Release Management calendar (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management too stuck up and smug (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Lots of change, bright future

I have been working at Davis + Henderson

Pros

Growth is going to be phenomenal once all the necessary people are put into place and processes implemented.

Cons

There could be a long amount of time before growth will occur.

Take care of your employees fairly!

Manifest Destiny with an Ocean of Red Tape

Current Employee - Senior Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer

I have been working at Davis + Henderson full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, with the ability to work remotely in many cases. If in the right department, you have an opportunity to expand your personal knowledge of core applications and tools that would apply to many different career paths.

Cons

Management seems more concerned with becoming a global player, sitting next to companies like Fiserv, rather than focusing on streamlining the acquisitions they've already made. Technically savvy workers are at the mercy of executives with no knowledge of the infrastructure D+H took over, or in many cases, without a general idea of how stuff works. Countless hours of meetings have been spent showing and pointing to the hows and why's of existing processes, only to have every valid point and fact proved ignored. Every task done is, as always, documented and time stamped. Each employee logs in to start their day and logs out to complete it. Even with these ready made mediums, there is still a required spreadsheet to fill out every day with what hours were worked. In 5 plus years of working here, I've gone from being really excited and hopeful about my career to being completely abysmal and, like the droves of people who've left thus far, looking for a better fit for my drive, talents and my need for a challenge.

Listen to the resources who have been with the division's of the company for 10 plus years. They've been there for a long while, and not because they didn't know what they were working on or talking about. This company has great potential, but a severe lack of faith in employees and an inability to either be truly transparent and honest makes this company hard to have faith it. Coupled with an obvious "1st and foremost" desire to acquire more companies and grow from a net worth standpoint, instead of growing from a well oiled machine driven by empowered employee's will not make D+H successful.

Big company, but great experience

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Davis + Henderson full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I truly enjoy my team. I work from home 90% of the time with minimal travel (usually optional) and have a good work/life balance. The management team is very sharp, and there are lots of opportunities to make an impact.

I love love love my customers.

I learn a lot and have plenty of opportunities to learn new technologies.

Cons

Huge company - change is slower than I'm used to compared to startups.

Recognition drives me as much as money does, I often do not feel appreciated for my impact to the organization.

Disappointed in compensation for long term employment

I worked at Davis + Henderson full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, competitive benefits, strong work-life balance, awesome location

Cons

Salary, engagement between levels, training

Program Manager

I have been working at Davis + Henderson

Pros

Financial Stability and possible expansion

Cons

No Clear Direction on Product Integration

N/A

Horrible. Full of cowards.

I worked at Davis + Henderson

Pros

If I could rate them lower, I would. This company has no direxion and management as well as Field service is full of back stabbing cowards. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Cons

Everything. They don't keep their word. They have a staff full of liars. Never met a company that adheres to the words of tattle tellers.

Get backbones! Whimps!

Excellent Work Environment.

I have been working at Davis + Henderson

Pros

Flexible timings,friendly environment,good salary,better team,management...................................

Cons

I cant see anything Cons ...

It's okay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Davis + Henderson full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As long as you put in your 40 hours very few people care when you are there. They are very flexible and understanding of having to work from home, or having to come in late etc. My team was very nice and helpful even though we are distributed in various offices.

Cons

Not a lot of internal training given. Some groups are not that open to new people. Reviews were necessary but difficult to obtain. These reviewers were given too much to do to be able to review the material. Sometimes design of product was created and there was no changing it because the requirements given by the client was so specific and after these clients signed off on it everything was locked-down. Also, sometimes timing worked out that meetings that were to discuss design, were more about explaining design because it was already being coded. dental insurance sucks.

Company more focused on competing with large FinTech companies than satisfying their employees

I have been working at Davis + Henderson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great vision and many great people to work with, fairly casual work environment

Cons

Poor compensation, while the vision is promising it is not always clear

Before my company was acquired by this one, the leadership team was very clear with the direction of the company and different advancement opportunities. After my company was acquired by D+H, communication and advancement opportunities were very limited. This company is more focused on becoming a tech giant than having satisfied employees.

Great teamwork

I worked at Davis + Henderson

Pros

Good leadership, challenging, meaningful work, great employees who care about the company, clients and each other

Cons

New acquisitions leave folks wondering where they will fit in and the company is experiencing growing pains with clear communication.

Don't lose the company culture and history during the growth.