Davler Media Reviews

Reset
CEO

1. Traffic Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Davler Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Davler Media Group isn't just a company, it is a family. The people at Davler are kind and hardworking professionals who created the most enjoyable atmosphere I have ever worked in. Working at Davler exposed me to so many different aspects of the publishing industry, and allowed me to grow as both an employee and as a person. Management was always super helpful and willing to listen to any issues that I had, and the CEO and Office Manager are two of the nicest people you will find anywhere. My coworkers were also extremely helpful, and everyone was extremely hardworking. When you work for Davler, you are truly part of a team effort! If you are looking for a company where you will work hard, learn a lot about publishing, and work with some of the best people in the industry, Davler Media is for you! I was so blessed to have the opportunity to work at such a great company!

Cons

As long as you are willing to work hard and do your share of the work, there are really no cons to being at Davler.

2. manager

Pros

flexible schedule, good product

Cons

not many systems in place, people overworked

3. Great company - I would work here again.

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Davler Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company produces reputable publications giving you the opportunity to build a solid book of business. The team behind the publications work extremely hard which helps you as a sales person. The commission structure is set up to where you can make some really good money. If you’re not afraid of working hard then this is a great place to be. If I ever had a problem I could always go to David, and he would listen, advise, and help me with the problem.

Cons

The only con I can say is if you don't like to go out and see people then this is not the sales job for you. I personally liked the split time of being in the office, and going out for new/current business.

5. Decent place to work.

Current Contractor - Freelance in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Freelance in New York, NY

I have been working at Davler Media as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to work at this company that has numerous publications. Great people make it a nice place but salary could use improving to keep good people.

Cons

Pay isn't great and communication with higher ups isn't always there. Would like more opportunity to get salary increases and opportunity to discuss this as well.

Advice to Management

Discuss salary issues with your people.

6. Internship

Former Intern - Summer Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Summer Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Davler Media as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very hands on...you will leave with many clips and work samples from the internship. It's a great internship for those interested in Journalism.

Cons

-It's a small publishing house...not a lot of opportunity for hiring after the internship. The office culture is a bit cold.

Advice to Management

Offer more educational resources for interns. Talk to them about personal growth. Give them more chances to meet one-on-one with internship coordinator. Offer more feedback to the interns at the end of the summer.

7. Just Waiting for It to Close its Doors!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Davler Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some nice people who should to a professional environment where an "egomaniac, clueless, unprofessional" owner allows professionals do what they were hired to do....also maybe spend a die!!

Cons

Most unethical, unprofessional, dying operation in the industry ---if you can even consider them part of the industry. Their one saving grace is NY SPACES -- which I am sure he will begin to destroy in short order.

Advice to Management

Get rid of owner!! Hire some Publishers and stop thinking there are no rules to follow. If you had an owner who ever sold anything it was probably used cars!!

I would not recommend this company

Pros

. Management with the exception of the owner was actually very nice.

Cons

It was a very bad working environment. The owner of the company spends most his time harassing the employees but mostly the sales staff. He harasses people on the floor in front of co-workers, The scary part is that he sees nothing wrong with his behavior. I lasted almost 6 months and quit without another job.

9. Overall positive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Davler Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The money was good, like most sales jobs though, hard to use vacation time.

Cons

Nibbling around the edges of territories that have been very well worked by long term Senior Sales Executives.

Advice to Management

If I were in a position to offer advice, I would want them to pay me for it! Long range growth looks good though…as the economy stabilizes.

No structure, CEO is clueless

I have been working at Davler Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The local NYC publications are well known. Some great folks working there.

Cons

No structure. CEO, David Miller, is a obsessive micro-manager. Can't control the older staff that have been there before he purchased. Moral is low and every staff member, except his favorites, hat him. Low pay.

Advice to Management

Don't let David have his own way all the time. Several untapped revenue streams.

RSS Feed </> Embed